maters i need your input (1 Viewer)

Spanky

Nitro Member
i need to call on all of the maters for a little help... here is the story and i’ll try to keep it as short as i can

i drive the nitro-madness fuel altered and i have two loves... racing and dogs. having traveled and raced for many years now i always have my pup in tow and everywhere i go people are way more excited to see him than me! go figure!

here’s the background... years ago i purchased a fawn boxer cooper and the breeder ‘threw-in’ a free white boxer who i named brody. many breeders don’t waste their time with white boxers and they simply kill them at birth. they are not recognized as ‘show quality’ by akc and are not breedable. not breeding them is actually a good thing in my opinion. about 20% of boxers born are white and about 25% of the white ones are deaf. so obviously other than the ‘ooohh aaahh-cute’ factor these little guys don’t have much going for them. breeders don’t want the risk or expense of getting stuck with these ‘problems’ so they simply put them down... sad deal.

so my ‘throw away’ dog got the gift of his life and i got the gift of my best friend for 10 years. unfortunately i lost cooper to very radical cancer when he was 4 years old. from that time on brody was always by my side... literally. when i was still running my own fuel altered, the metal mafia racing car... my mom would have to leash brody and keep him from following me to the car when i would get suited up for a run.

2 years ago brody developed a rare progressive neurological problem and his health began to fail. in order to keep him active and motivated i decided to get him a brother. i also decided it was gonna be my mission to help other white boxers that were tossed aside by society. so after searching shelters and rescues i found his little brother in cincinnati. i arranged the adoption and drove 13hrs to get the knuckle head.

i know i made a good choice. the new kid brooks was never abused but was severely neglected... tied to a tree his only year of life and then turned into a pound to get the needle. another sad deal.

brody and brooks were immediate soul mates and before passing away big brother brody had 4 months to mentor and teach his little brother how to be a companion and not just a pet.

well i’m on a mission again... i have found another little guy in need. he’s in arkansas and because he happens to be white and deaf his owner dropped him off at the pound and asked the he be put down. a rescue group saved his life and fate has led to our paths crossing. if all goes well i’ll be going to pick the little guy up next week.

this is where i need the mater’s help... he needs a name (not that he’ll ever hear it.. haha). having a passion for racing motivated to me to give all my boys ‘racing/car names. so throw me some ideas

here is what i’m looking for:
-somehow tied to racing/cars
-has to have human name qualities (something you would name a real kid... not fido)
-the more tied to hard core drag/nitro racing the better

here’s what i mean:

brody (as in brodix cylinder heads) and his brother cooper (as in cooper tires)
dogs3.jpg

brody
dogs2.JPG

brooks (as in brooks connecting rods)
dogs6.jpg

brooks and dad
dogs4.JPG

so give me some ideas for names and how you came up with them

Sean,

Glad to hear that Aspen and I are not the only AA/FA freaks that also put animals lives on an equal level as our own.

Our pups are named Boss (yellow lab) and Hemi (rescued Flat Coated Retreiver). The "registered" name of our yellow is Hemi's Boss 302...catch the Ford reference? Of course, their names together are in honor of Ford's Boss 429 Hemi.

Some others we've thought to use but haven't the dog population to....

Shelby
Crosley
Meat (as in really big tires)
Nitro
Snowman or Gene (my mom actually has a dog named after him)
Indy
Cam (or Cameron)

Of course you could always honor our nitro heroes with names like...

Big
Snake
Goose
Willie (as in Wild Wille)
Big John
Beadle
Stoney (as in Stone Woods Cook)

Hope that helps you out. Be sure to bring the "kids" to North Star this year!!! They can play with Boss and Hemi!!!!!

Sean....

IF we're sticking with "B" it's as plain as the name on your mail box....

BELTS....

as in blower, fan, need we go on......

Sean, i have two boxers. A fawn & a flashy fawn.

Great dogs! I also just got a Old English Mastiff. :) 10 weeks old today.

I like Coil for a racing dog's name.

I named my mastiff Riggs. (Sgt Riggs).

how about Hustler as in Chi-Town Huster or Shaker as in Motown Shaker :D.....or even Reign as in Black Reign eh Sean D??? ;)

but in all honesty the first name that popped into my head was Reid as in our own Darrell Reid's who manufactures Reid rocker arms :cool:

you're doin a good thing Belt by taking in these pups that woulda otherwise been "disposed of" especially Boxers as i'm pretty partial to them myself as i grew up with one in my house! I expect to see them out at the track this year!!

....and PS Brooks is definately cuter than you

Damn, Belt! Wild parties in the pits, all your wild women on-site to promote your business, the crazy hair-do.........................then you go and soften me up with this!

But seriously, like Minick said, this has been, and continues to be something very special you're doing, man, and I'm in awe. I already thought you were a pretty cool cat, but this takes it over the top. To continue to go to the lengths you do for these boys is pretty awesome.

As much as I like Minick's suggestion of "Reign", it just doesn't flow off the tongue very well. (Thanks anyway, Mike!) But along Mike's lines, I think shortening Chi-Town Hustler to just "Chi" (shy) sounds pretty sweet.

Best of luck, man!

Sean D

I just saw this thread Sean,,,,very classy move buddy!

Best of Luck and see you at the track soon,

Rapid

Merlin
Dart
Nitro
Octane
Hoosier
Simpson
Mickey

OK...some are better than others...mind just began throwin' 'em out. I know...not all "human-like" but hey...heard some from Hollywood lately? Better yet...don't wanna know what my one year old nephew is names....poor kid....:rolleyes:

Like Merlin the best...nice story...and thanks for doing what you do!

:D

wow thanks for all the responses maters!! i'm compiling a list!!

very cool... i'm a skuza fan too!

Sean,

Glad to hear that Aspen and I are not the only AA/FA freaks that also put animals lives on an equal level as our own.

Our pups are named Boss (yellow lab) and Hemi (rescued Flat Coated Retreiver). The "registered" name of our yellow is Hemi's Boss 302...catch the Ford reference? Of course, their names together are in honor of Ford's Boss 429 Hemi.

Some others we've thought to use but haven't the dog population to....

Shelby
Crosley
Meat (as in really big tires)
Nitro
Snowman or Gene (my mom actually has a dog named after him)
Indy
Cam (or Cameron)

Of course you could always honor our nitro heroes with names like...

Big
Snake
Goose
Willie (as in Wild Wille)
Big John
Beadle
Stoney (as in Stone Woods Cook)

Hope that helps you out. Be sure to bring the "kids" to North Star this year!!! They can play with Boss and Hemi!!!!!
very cool wes... love your kid's names! and good suggestions. i actually had a few of your ideas in my head too! either means great minds think alike or... we're sharing a brain? haha!!

we're planning on making a few of the ofa races... hopefully gonna hit the april denton event. definitely stop in and see me man would love to say hey and hang out

how about Hustler as in Chi-Town Huster or Shaker as in Motown Shaker.....or even Reign as in Black Reign eh Sean D??? ;)

but in all honesty the first name that popped into my head was Reid as in our own Darrell Reid's who manufactures Reid rocker arms :cool:

you're doin a good thing Belt by taking in these pups that woulda otherwise been "disposed of" especially Boxers as i'm pretty partial to them myself as i grew up with one in my house! I expect to see them out at the track this year!!

....and PS Brooks is definately cuter than you
Reign?? seriously?? dewitt would have a hayday with that!! don't get me wrong i like the guy... but i gotta draw the line at putting up with all of his smack talk! haha!

as far as you 'PS'... so what you're saying is you think i'm kinda cute but brooks is just a little cuter... right? :eek:

Brady (Kalivoda)
Briggs (& Stratton ;))

Congrats on the new addition. I was so upset today reading about a dog that was disposed of around here by throwing her over a cliff and hoping she would land in the river and drown.
thanks cheryl... like both actually and they both 'sound good' with brooks. as for people that hurt animals or kids... there should be no mercy

Damn, Belt! Wild parties in the pits, all your wild women on-site to promote your business, the crazy hair-do.........................then you go and soften me up with this!

But seriously, like Minick said, this has been, and continues to be something very special you're doing, man, and I'm in awe. I already thought you were a pretty cool cat, but this takes it over the top. To continue to go to the lengths you do for these boys is pretty awesome.

As much as I like Minick's suggestion of "Reign", it just doesn't flow off the tongue very well. (Thanks anyway, Mike!) But along Mike's lines, I think shortening Chi-Town Hustler to just "Chi" (shy) sounds pretty sweet.

Best of luck, man!

Sean D
hey big D lets keep this 'belt might be an ok guy' crap on the down-low!! i'm supposed to be a bad-a$$ fuel altered driver... not some push-over cuddling up with puppies!

btw... man i can not wait for this season!! we're gonna get to match up a little and have a blast! and i KNOW you and kerry have got something planned for WFAN!

The first name that popped into my head, for no particular reason, was Murf.
dave... thought of this one last nite! i'm assuming you're reference is mckinney? i was thinking murf or murfy?

Dunn, Brooks and Dunn...cheesy, honky, but it's the best I got!
haha... a family member suggested that too!

.........TORCO......:eek::eek:
steven that was on my 'list' too... it just sounds cool

I just saw this thread Sean,,,,very classy move buddy!

Best of Luck and see you at the track soon,

Rapid
baker... what the heck is up man?! miss ya bro!

ya know a mutual friend of ours suggested i name him 'rapid randy'! but for safety reasons i had to decline...

i mean if i were to actually name him 'rapid randy' every time i let him out in the yard he'd just take off running and hit the fence! :D

No matter if Godzilla is ready or not we'll be at the April race. We plan on the beast being done but you know how new car construction goes! We'll bring the pups no matter what, though.

And by the way...in addition to sharing a brain, we're also sharing the penchant for mohawkian hair.

I had no idea there was a prejudice against white boxers. Makes me sick the way some elitist "breeders" treat offspring, though. Kinda rings of Chinese female babies, huh? Knowing this atrocity, I'll be keeping my eyes open for the little white guys around here.

No matter if Godzilla is ready or not we'll be at the April race. We plan on the beast being done but you know how new car construction goes! We'll bring the pups no matter what, though.

And by the way...in addition to sharing a brain, we're also sharing the penchant for mohawkian hair.

I had no idea there was a prejudice against white boxers. Makes me sick the way some elitist "breeders" treat offspring, though. Kinda rings of Chinese female babies, huh? Knowing this atrocity, I'll be keeping my eyes open for the little white guys around here.
cool man! can't wait to say hey and chat! we'll have to hang out in denton! small little world... kinda!

so what's your hot rod like? come on man... it's 4 damn degrees here... tease me with a little race car talk!!

as for the white boxers... it's a money deal. flashy/sock footed/white chested boxers are 'worth more'. so they take a white one and breed it in to get they flash... then kill off the white pups. unfortunately the deafness is just a natural curse of the white boxer. so it's just a bad situation. i know i'm biased... but i really have never seen dogs that act more person like than the two whiteys i've had. i think that overall dogs are way more intuitive than most people give them credit for... and it's as if these boys know that they were blessed with a second chance

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back