I need some e-mail help! (1 Viewer)

ProStockJunkie

Nitro Member
Does anyone know why I would stop getting my email notifications about responses to threads to which I've subscribed? I've checked my profile, and that box is still checked.

I always received these emails in my 'in box' in my G-mail. Then, some of them started going into my Spam folder, which necessitated my having to check everything in that folder and clicking on each notice in there 'not spam' so it would go into my inbox. I contacted Gmail help.... (which aint no easy thing to do.... I had to use 'suggestions' in order to actually be able to tell what my problem was at this point)

Then, some were going into my inbox, some still going into spam. Now, I receive no notifications at all. I contacted through 'suggestions' once again to report that I am not getting any notifications at all, and still have heard nothing from them about the problem.

One of the 'solutions' in the FAQs was to set up a filter to make sure the emails stayed out of the spam folder. I did this, and still no notifications!

Where the heck are my nitromater emails going? I know at one time I was told that this feature had been disabled, when I contacted the board. But then it started again and it has been fine until now. Since I haven't heard back from anyone from 'mater help desk, I'm wondering if anyone else is having this problem? And/or, if someone knows what may be wrong.

Those emails are so very helpful, in my opinion. I get a LOT of email, and I don't always have time to surf this board, so they enable me to at least keep track of what's going on in my subscribed threads. Now, I have to search thorugh every thread to see if there are any replies.

I deleted over 1000 unopened emails last week, when the total got to be over 3000 in my in box. I hated doing it, but I had to do something. I gave people notice that I was going to have to do it, and asked if they could resend anything that was really important. I don't use email just to forward jokes and stories and photos. I actually use it to communicate with my various groups of friends and associates on all sorts of issues and topics.

Any help someone may be able to offer on this failure to receive mater notification emails, will be greatly appreciated. J

GMail is the most aggressive spam fighting email service and it wouldn't surprise me a bit if they chose to send nitromater emails into the bit bucket. You need to do whatever it is that adds the address to your "never is spam" list, is that the address book? Not sure... But at some point GMail doesn't even move things to spam, they just kill them outright. Maybe they somehow concluded that nitromater mails fall into that category.

Thanks Chris for the answer ………..and thanks Jackee for the question = I was wondering the same thing

Chris = see ya in a couple of days.

Jackee, same here too. I even changed my e-mail and it didn't make a difference, no updates at all.

For the record, both my smileyracing.com (hosted by Yahoo) and my cox.net e-mails are not receiving updates or any e-mails from the Mater at all.

change your e-mail notifications to use another e-mail address, If you start getting them, Gmail was dumping them, Comcast used to do this to me 10 years ago, They were unresponsive but suddenly a few years later I started to get all my expected e-mail. Critical e-mail goes through my own domain, My wife gets over a hundred e-mails a single day and most are spam, I only get half a dozen tops. she still has active e-mail accounts that are over 12 years old.

THANKS everyone for your suggestions.

I got an email from Shannon this morning when I logged on and he said he's working on the problem, so I'm wondering if others are having or have had this problem. I was assuming that the problem was on my Gmail end of things.

Since I'm a tad technologically challenged, I think I'll wait to hear what Shannon has to say, before I do something and screw up stuff even more.

I do have nitromater in my address book, which should allow any emails from here to come through.

I'm thankful that Gmail is so aggressive with Spam. I get little of it in my in-box. When I mark it as spam.... for instance... when I get email from a site from which I've purchased something..... it goes to Spam from then on. Since I'm a very heavy email user, I delete my spam box every day. Sometimes a few times, even though I know it will eventually be deleted in 30 days by Gmail.

When I go into the box, I click on the link that says do delete Spam or whatever it says. That way, I will continue to get their emails, they will always go in Spam, and if I'm interested in something, I can remove it from Spam and put it back in my inbox. The other option in the Spam box is 'delete forever'. If I click on that, then I will never get any email from that company again. I never use that option.

Jackie, if you are a very heavy e-mail user you may want to try Mail washer. Me and my wife both use it to preview mail without opening it then bounce or delete it. You set it up with accounts just like your e-mail client, (outlook or outlook express or Eudora which I have used forever). then you preview e-mail remotely while its still on the server, delete spam remotely without it getting to your machine. then close the program your e-mail client opens and you get your remaining mail. (watch the video)

Mailwasher Free Spam Filter Software: The Reliable Free Spam Blocker | MailWasher - Mailwasher Free

They're back! I just had 3 email notifications in my inbox.

I still don't know on which end the problem was... my Gmail or nitromater, but it doesn't matter. Thanks Shannon and anyone else who may have worked on this on your end, if that's where the problem was.

Whoo hoo! They're back! :p ;)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back