I Need Your Opinions, I Need 'Em Now. Anyone And Everyone (1 Viewer)

Rat

Nitro Member
I cannot believe what has been going on in materworld the last week.

I had an issue with Mike V., A comment he said that was not clearly interpreted into what it really meant put me in the wrong, I did the right thing and spoke to him about it. This is a situation I was wrong. -1 me

Tony Smith - Completely unprovoked and was told I am a fool who's naive and selfish and should have my hands welded with clutch discs because I want to go back to 1320. This can't be my fault. If I'm Naive for the POV educate me, selfish is not even correct to belong in the sentence

Lance P. - Constantly bashing me about once a month over some response i make because he does not agree with it. I did nothing to him, I can't count how many times he told me i'm stupid over an opinion.

Michael Hayes - I never once attacked you over an opinion yet you constantly bash me for mine. Remember how you first attacked me over spelling with Jim Young? that was uncalled for and ever since then you just wait to find something about me. I don't like you, you hate me, for the respect of everyone else am I allowed to breathe on mater and just post my post of view freely? Same to you Lance.

Others - I get bad mouthed and accused of never being accepting of anyone's opinion and I would truly love to see an situation where I gave ANYONE hell over a POV. I only attacked because I get insulted first, I have a bad temper and what am I suppose to do? I always respect everyone until they disrepect me.

Alan R. - Very, very bright man. Gave me some of the HARDEST opposition on 1320. I never insulted him. He never insulted me. We accepted both our views and tried to explore options.

I don't understand what the hell has been going on lately and it's getting worse because I contribute, I love drag racing, theirs a new post I feel I have something to contribute to I am gonna post. People are getting sick of seeing my name and it's thanks to the people who hate me. I respectfully post, you guys pick apart and insult, and your making mater hate me, when i'm not the one doing it. What the hell is going on? Come on, let me have it, but be educated about it. It's getting out of control and it's not my fault.

Last edited:
Really?
It's the Web, dude... Thicken up your skin and hang, or leave... Simple as that.

Off to the Lounge with this one, mods....

Really?
It's the Web, dude... Thicken up your skin and hang, or leave... Simple as that.

Off to the Lounge with this one, mods....

It's not my skin i'm telling you. This needs to become a site where people wont turn it into verbal WWE if they don't agree with what you wrote or how you write it, I'm sick of being the attacked posterboy

i like short haired brunettes, gin, good collection days @ work,
and the smell of nitro in the morning.... and a golf score in the 80's.

oh, opinions about the mater:eek:..... don't know - don't get too excited;
most of us are not making a living in drag racing so just offer your opinions,
comments, and arguments in the best manner you can

Patrick.....If you think the 'Mater has issues, go take a look at YellowBullet and see how it is over there. The 'Mater is calmer and gentler these days than it was in the past. Alligator hide for everyone!!!!!!!!!

Fire the next pair!!!

Mitch

Common denominator with argumentative posts: you!

My opinion that you asked for; you're full of yourself, this topic title says it all!

Do you wish to argue about my opinion of you?

Patrick.....If you think the 'Mater has issues, go take a look at YellowBullet and see how it is over there. The 'Mater is calmer and gentler these days than it was in the past. Alligator hide for everyone!!!!!!!!!

Fire the next pair!!!

Mitch

X-1,000,000!!! LMAO!!!

The "shots" fired on this board are daycare level compared to the Bullet. Count your blessings, Patrick. ;)

Sean D

P.S. By the way, I'm actually with you on the 1320 argument. Maybe not necessarily for the same reasons, but with you nonetheless.

Lance P. - Constantly bashing me about once a month over some response i make because he does not agree with it. I did nothing to him, I can't count how many times he told me i'm stupid over an opinion..............
I'll bet that you cannot find even ONE post on here where I've EVER called you stupid. Go ahead and find one and post up a link.:cool:

Makes me wonder, do you go throughout your everyday life arguing with every other person that you come in contact with?

Paul have you been paying attention to how it always seems to begin. I never started any, just because I may try to end them I get a bad wrap for it. Paul you always been a part of the team that likes to make me feel stupid for writing what I feel. I'm not gonna let the select few ruin this site for me any other members. Where are these claims coming from that I disrespect and dont accept any opinion, I like to see proof I really would. You guys are trying to run a conspiracy and i'm not gonna let it happen with fiction.

How bout we fix the guys on this site that make a wise ass response to someone's point of view or the way someone wrote it. Happens about oh....almost all the time...

Maybe this is it? :D

Are you implying something? If you are you never had any contact with me on this site before to make a shallow judgement like that. If you have something to add, go ahead. I'm not looking to be hated or disrespected here, I'm looking to find out WTF is going on with people views of me and these claims that are not even true. I'm not going away, so this is what you guys have made it become. Wanna talk personally write me a PM. This site is turning into a circus and everyone puts me as the cause of it when it's not. Before anyone says more, Study it. Take a look. This site needs a goddam code of conduct. I'm not sensitive I am sick of getting on here everyday to find some prick in a bad mood attacking me for a POV

............ You guys are trying to run a conspiracy and i'm not gonna let it happen with fiction...........
Oh yeah, we're all taking time out our days, weeks, months, from states all across the country, to join together and tag team poor little Patrick.......:eek:

............ How bout we fix the guys on this site that make a wise ass response to someone's point of view or the way someone wrote it. Happens about oh....almost all the time...
yeah, but for some STRANGE reason, it's only happening to you..............

Seriously, go look in a mirror, and do some soul searching dude!

..............now go find that link you owe me!:eek:

Patty: You need to pull up your big girl panties and bite the bullet or go to the bullet. I have taken shots at Alan R. for years and you never see him on here whining about being picked on. If that many people think you are wrong about something you might need to look in the mirror and say may be they are right. This place used to be a lot rougher until they fixed it. I'm in the minority but I liked the old Mater better. You would never held up on it.

My opinion?

Untitled.jpg

This place is tame compared to what it used to be. IMO, you have a hard time dealing with people who have opposing views and for whatever reason you take these opinions as if someone is bashing you. I haven't seen anything that was over the line attacking you.

Patty: You need to pull up your big girl panties and bite the bullet or go to the bullet. I have taken shots at Alan R. for years and you never see him on here whining about being picked on. If that many people think you are wrong about something you might need to look in the mirror and say may be they are right. This place used to be a lot rougher until they fixed it. I'm in the minority but I liked the old Mater better. You would never held up on it.

I been on mater since 2004 many names, so you dont have to tell me. Also, Why is anyone taking shots at anyone this is and opinion site. I never understood why the majority of members don't accept or feel the need to take shots at people for their opinions. Why? I should not have to have thicker skin just for posting my opinion, why does it have to get to that point. I never bashed people for their view unless they bash me first so the real question is, why does anyone bash anyone on this site. You wanna say FU to somebody put it in a PM. Keep the site clean and maybe, just maybe, we can get some important traffic back here.

It's sad that POV's are enough to start full fledged wars.

Last edited:
I'm open to any disagreement, it seems that whenever i'm in one it always starts this way. 1. I post 2. someone does not like it. 3, i defend it and I dont see how that is unaccepting. 4. Someone does not like it and goes on the offensive against me. 5. I get pissed, I react, I get the bad wrap. It needs to be realized it is not all me and it's wrong that everyone is telling me that it's me.

My posts need to be studied. This is not correct nor fair. My rep is being ruined by what many want to point the finger at me when it's the same type of people that just fly off the handle when they dont like what you type. I have never straight up denied anybody their right of opinion on this sight. It's not thicker skin, it's more i had enough after every day finding something new. It all started with this. Why did my respect and cred go down the drain with the simple mention of 1320 vs. 1000. The responses I go were uncalled for. I accepted every opinion. Lee Beard thread, how the hell did I start that one, that was just a real gang up on me big time. It's not sensitivity, it's free speech that I am fighting for. It's the freedom to write whatever I want respectfully without having to worry about being attacked

Last edited:
Patty: I have taken shots at Alan R. for years and you never see him on here whining about being picked on.

Yea, but do you know how many times I have cried myself to sleep over it? And all the years of therapy? I'm just now starting to get better, so please don't start again and cause a relapse........ I'll pretend to be your friend, really......

Alan

Patrick,

You asked, so here's my take. Many of your posts come accross as though you are dictating to us. You don't say, "I would like to see changes" You say "We need to do this!" That can rub some the wrong way.

Here's a couple of examples, there are many more, but I have to get to Phoenix,

When you went on the Del thread and were asked not to derail the thread you responded; "Yea i'll derail anything I want to." You didn't make any friends with that one.

If you asked me to not track mud in your house, and I said, "I'll track mud wherever I want and you can't stop me!" How would you respond to that?

And in the same thread you said,
"I really don't care how far we turn back the clock. I think everyone would agree that I don't give a crap if we gotta break into the 4.999's again, just get us back to 1320."
To me that doesn't sound like you want to have a discussion, it sounds like you want to tell me how it's going to be. You said word for word "everyone would agree", but everyone doesn't agree. And when they don't you seem to think that you're the only one who's opinion matters. You have told others, I don't agree with you so go away. When someone responds in the same tone, you become the innocent vitim. If they say "I don't give a crap what Patrick thinks" you take it as an attack.

To put it another way, if you said to me "Hey, will you give me a hand with this?" I would be happy to help, but if you said "Get your ass over here and fix this!" I'm not so inclined to do it.

Just remember, you asked,

Alan

I'm open to any disagreement, it seems that whenever i'm in one it always starts this way. 1. I post 2. someone does not like it. 3, i defend it and I dont see how that is unaccepting. 4. Someone does not like it and goes on the offensive against me. 5. I get pissed, I react, I get the bad wrap. It needs to be realized it is not all me and it's wrong that everyone is telling me that it's me.

My posts need to be studied. This is not correct nor fair. My rep is being ruined by what many want to point the finger at me when it's the same type of people that just fly off the handle when they dont like what you type. I have never straight up denied anybody their right of opinion on this sight. It's not thicker skin, it's more i had enough after every day finding something new. It all started with this. Why did my respect and cred go down the drain with the simple mention of 1320 vs. 1000. The responses I go were uncalled for. I accepted every opinion. Lee Beard thread, how the hell did I start that one, that was just a real gang up on me big time. It's not sensitivity, it's free speech that I am fighting for. It's the freedom to write whatever I want respectfully without having to worry about being attacked

Zero Mater cred.? Haven't heard that one in a while.

I'll chime in but typically wouldn't waste my time doing so. Pull up your big girl panties (damn funny phrase), thicken up your skin, and other comments I'll agree with. I haven't paid attention to your posts in the past but this post did catch my attention. But from what I've read recently I'd say that you make yourself a target. You always have something to say and just don't know when to LET GO. I know that I don't have to read a post, am not a child, or that the world is a perfect place. But........ you have typed foul language to a lot of the people on this board. It's not needed nor acceptable, it is childish. And that makes you a target because it comes across as you being spun up. Choose your battles Patrick. You can't learn by talking so think about zipping it. Take a back seat and post much less for a while so the flame burns out. I get the feeling that you are a grown person but I'll tell you that you come across as a 17 year old. Hey, you asked!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back