A Question That Everyone Is Afraid To Ask (2 Viewers)

How about we root for JFR to come back this year with all teams intact rather than get pissed because he's not saying anything? I'm sure he's burning the candle at both ends to put his program together. Love him or hate him (not sure how you can't like Force) he has been the sport's biggest asset for a few decades now, and we need him back. Would the sport go on without him? Sure, just like it goes on whenever a team shuts down, but we need JFR back on the tour.

I still don't see why people are freaking out that JFR has not released any statement or plans for 2021.
Nobody, not DSR, Kalitta, Cruz, not anybody, has sent a release about their 2021 plans.
Now, if JFR still has not sent anything by the Monday of the first race week, then it might be time to start wondering about their future.
But, until then, there's no need to start getting things stirred up.
I'm sure all those teams are worried about more than getting a press release out earlier than anybody else.

I still don't see why people are freaking out that JFR has not released any statement or plans for 2021.
Nobody, not DSR, Kalitta, Cruz, not anybody, has sent a release about their 2021 plans..........
It's not the same thing with Force. His ENTIRE team (all 4 of them) sat out the rest of the year starting in March. None of those other teams did. It is really remarkable that Force, of all operations, had to sit out about 80% of the season supposedly due to so many sponsors bailing out. I still find it incredible that he has not been able, or been willing to, field at least one Top Fuel or Funny Car team by combining all the remaining sponsors on that one car. And presumably Austin Prock's Top Fuel primary sponsor (Montana Brands) bailed out as well? This is certainly all possible, but I don't know. I think for his team to effectively disappear like they have (did Force or Robert Hight even attend any races during the year, just to keep in touch with the fans, etc? I have not heard that they did). It is so unlike what they normally do. It's all too strange. Force must be climbing the walls without being able to attend to his usual activities. I say there's something else going on. And I agree that the total lack of any social media comments from the team is totally unlike them. One thing we have not heard is any other crew members of the 4 teams being let go. Perhaps they are laid off and maybe collecting unemployment? Who knows? Or are they all still on the payroll?

At any rate, I guess we will all find out the story eventually.

It's not the same thing with Force. His ENTIRE team (all 4 of them) sat out the rest of the year starting in March. None of those other teams did. It is really remarkable that Force, of all operations, had to sit out about 80% of the season supposedly due to so many sponsors bailing out. I still find it incredible that he has not been able, or been willing to, field at least one Top Fuel or Funny Car team by combining all the remaining sponsors on that one car. And presumably Austin Prock's Top Fuel primary sponsor (Montana Brands) bailed out as well? This is certainly all possible, but I don't know. I think for his team to effectively disappear like they have (did Force or Robert Hight even attend any races during the year, just to keep in touch with the fans, etc?) I have not heard that they did. It's all too strange. Force must be climbing the walls without being able to attend to his usual activities. I say there's something else going on. And I agree that the total lack of any social media comments from the team is totally unlike them. One thing we have not heard is any other crew members of the 4 teams being let go. Perhaps they are laid off and maybe collecting unemployment? Who knows? Or are they all still on the payroll?

At any rate, I guess we will all find out the story eventually.
Great post and I completely agree. If you follow drivers on Instagram as I do, you’ll see that all are talking about the upcoming season, using #5weekstogo as a tag etc. Robert, Brittany, Courtney? Cooking BBQ, walking dogs, hanging out at the shops and taking baby photos. All fine activities but for a racing family, not even slightly related to racing or suggesting they’re preparing to race. Contrast that with say Leah P’s posts and it’s hard to see how they’ll be on the grid this year.

We all hope John and his 4 teams come back this year, it makes the sport better. Lets not ignore the elephant in the room, businesses are struggling with COVID impacts. It would not come as a surprise to see some consolidation of teams if funding it tight. I would be shocked if they don't field multiple cars this year. From what I have seen, Peak, Monster, and Montana Brands (they sponsored Austin at Chili Bowl) will likely be back this year. The question mark is AAA and Chevy, both of which are rumored to be cutting funding to motorsports. If John only has enough sponsorship to field 3 cars, my guess is he sits out and you have Hight, Brittany, and Prock driving. I could be wrong, but only time will tell.

The same goes for DSR, I hope they can find funding to replace the Chandler $ for the 2 FC and $ for Tony to drive in TF, but the reality is it's tough out there. The upside to all of this is the independents will have a legit chance to qualify and go rounds, which might encourage more participation.

Okay, here's what I just heard: Force is running three cars, Prock is out and will be working with his dad on Hight's car, AAA is honoring their contract with Hight for 2021-2022. John & Brittany will be racing but the sponsors are un-known at this time but I'd bet that Montana and Flavor pack, or whatever it is, will be on all the Force cars. Will the Force teams show up at the PRO test at PBIR in a few weeks? Who knows...

Okay, here's what I just heard: Force is running three cars, Prock is out and will be working with his dad on Hight's car, AAA is honoring their contract with Hight for 2021-2022. John & Brittany will be racing but the sponsors are un-known at this time but I'd bet that Montana and Flavor pack, or whatever it is, will be on all the Force cars. Will the Force teams show up at the PRO test at PBIR in a few weeks? Who knows...
good to hear this. hope its true.... disappointed to hear that Prock will not be running. we need the young drivers to bring the sport into the future.

Nobody, not DSR, Kalitta, Cruz, not anybody, has sent a release about their 2021 plans.
Now, if JFR still has not sent anything by the Monday of the first race week, then it might be time to start wondering about their future.
I'm sure all those teams are worried about more than getting a press release out earlier than anybody else.

Cruz has sent out press releases and has been active on social media, Snap-On re-upped with him for 3 more years. John Collins (new crew chief) did a video interview with NHRA about their plans for the upcoming season.

Kalitta has sent out press releases and been on social media touting MAC Tools re-upping with Doug and how this will be their 20th season with Doug, and Doug did an interview with NHRA/Brian Lohnes that was posted across all platforms.

Mike Salinas has sent out info and been posting videos on Social Media about how they are returning full time this year with Scrappers Racing.

Justin Ashley has been all over Social Media with info and videos about this upcoming season.

There has been PLENTY of info out there for anyone paying even a little bit of attention.

Last edited:
DSR's website still has Tony, TJ & Beckman on there.....no one is in a hurry to announce anything, with the quickly changing landscape

Cruz has sent out press releases and has been active on social media, Snap-On re-upped with him for 3 more years. John Collins (new crew chief) did a video interview with NHRA about their plans for the upcoming season.

Kalitta has sent out press releases and been on social media touting MAC Tools re-upping with Doug and how this will be their 20th season with Doug, and Doug did an interview with NHRA/Brian Lohnes that was posted across all platforms.

Mike Salinas has sent out info and been posting videos on Social Media about how they are returning full time this year with Scrappers Racing.

Justin Ashley has been all over Social Media with info and videos about this upcoming season.

There has been PLENTY of info out there for anyone paying even a little bit of attention.
Except for this site, I don’t do social media.
When I say nobody has sent a release, I’m referring to the official releases sent by the teams’ PR groups to Nitromater’s email address for receiving those releases. I checked again this morning and the inbox is still empty.

Except for this site, I don’t do social media.
When I say nobody has sent a release, I’m referring to the official releases sent by the teams’ PR groups to Nitromater’s email address for receiving those releases. I checked again this morning and the inbox is still empty.

I was today years old when I learned this site has a specific press release email. Honestly had no idea.

We all hope John and his 4 teams come back this year, it makes the sport better. Lets not ignore the elephant in the room, businesses are struggling with COVID impacts. It would not come as a surprise to see some consolidation of teams if funding it tight. I would be shocked if they don't field multiple cars this year. From what I have seen, Peak, Monster, and Montana Brands (they sponsored Austin at Chili Bowl) will likely be back this year. The question mark is AAA and Chevy, both of which are rumored to be cutting funding to motorsports. If John only has enough sponsorship to field 3 cars, my guess is he sits out and you have Hight, Brittany, and Prock driving. I could be wrong, but only time will tell.

The same goes for DSR, I hope they can find funding to replace the Chandler $ for the 2 FC and $ for Tony to drive in TF, but the reality is it's tough out there. The upside to all of this is the independents will have a legit chance to qualify and go rounds, which might encourage more participation.

AAA is STILL with Force. :)

I've seen several recent videos on Youtube or Facebook from JFR drivers promoting the 21 Chevys.

Interesting headline: Brittany "Admits", really? Did they have to torture her? When was it denied? I know they haven't made any official announcement, but everything I have seen is that they are planning to race in 2021. Including what I was told when i was at the shop a few weeks ago.

This was their Christmas card to the fans. Does this look like a denial?

Alan

Last edited:
I was today years old when I learned this site has a specific press release email. Honestly had no idea.
With a dedicated email address to which the teams send their updates, it saves having to spend time on the computer searching all the race sites for press releases. But, there are plenty who do paste releases found on other sites.
Shannon has a stickied thread asking if anybody wants to post the releases. I've been doing it for a year or so and it's time to let somebody else do it. Anybody???

Interesting headline: Brittany "Admits", really? Did they have to torture her? When was it denied? I know they haven't made any official announcement, but everything I have seen is that they are planning to race in 2021. Including what I was told when i was at the shop a few weeks ago.

This was their Christmas card to the fans. Does this look like a denial?

Alan

geez . . . . . . light'n up. It was just a choice of words. nothing sinister was meant, I'm sure. Nothing wrong with a innocent debate on the lack of news coming from JFR, but as always anything that flows against the NHRA brand and its Mr. AR to the defense.

As an optimist, I like to think that JFR is seeing all the press created by their "mystery" and are using it to their advantage to create media interest and to create drama for "The Big Comeback"

geez . . . . . . light'n up. It was just a choice of words. nothing sinister was meant, I'm sure. Nothing wrong with a innocent debate on the lack of news coming from JFR, but as always anything that flows against the NHRA brand and its Mr. AR to the defense.

Maybe you should lighten up. I didn't say anything sinister was meant, and I can't find anything that "Flows against the NHRA brand" I just said it was an interesting headline. The link I posted was from Dec. 25th with all four JFR drivers saying they would be racing in 2021. So where's the Breaking News?

I thought the headline was worded to be click bait, as if something hadn't been disclosed before when they have said all along they would be back racing in 2021.

Alan

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back