A Question That Everyone Is Afraid To Ask (1 Viewer)

The point is it's2021, were still involved with covid and most fans are looking for something to look forward to. Post on the car, the crew, what you had for dinner, anything! Silence IS NOT a good game plan, been a long time since the last pass was made.

If you were a sponsor of a team such as JFR, and likely paying a high rate card, you would absolutely expect to be getting mileage from the first day of the new year. The silence out of JFR on this front would suggests he has no new-news and this could mean one of three things:

1. He’s not running
2. He has no confirmed sponsors but is working on something
3. He has sponsors on the hook pending how the likely impacts of covid on the season look closer to the start of the season.

I’m leaning towards 1 or 2 because with just 5 weeks to go, whatever impacts covid is going to have on the season would be known now - nothing is significantly going to change in this space.

I get the JFR hate but true drag racing fans want to see cars on track and he brings (competitive) cars. NHRA needs the team running.

If you were a sponsor of a team such as JFR, and likely paying a high rate card, you would absolutely expect to be getting mileage from the first day of the new year. The silence out of JFR on this front would suggests he has no new-news and this could mean one of three things:

1. He’s not running
2. He has no confirmed sponsors but is working on something
3. He has sponsors on the hook pending how the likely impacts of covid on the season look closer to the start of the season.

I’m leaning towards 1 or 2 because with just 5 weeks to go, whatever impacts covid is going to have on the season would be known now - nothing is significantly going to change in this space.

I get the JFR hate but true drag racing fans want to see cars on track and he brings (competitive) cars. NHRA needs the team running.
Thoe who weren't around will never know John was once considered a 'leaker.' :(

The "true story" of the Night Stalker. Built by Jack Chrisman. Mustang funny car, sidewinder, chain driven, Ford engine. Somehow John got his hands on it. Got kicked out of Irwindale by starter Larry Sutton cuz links from the broken chain kept hitting Sutton. The car became a sand drag car.... but did it? Ah, the great John Force Mustang Mystery.

And the rumor is the Don is retiring at end of this year
Wasn't Don grooming the daughter to run the show? He is known to pop in here a time or 2, so maybe he can chime in on your post.

Wasn't Don grooming the daughter to run the show? He is known to pop in here a time or 2, so maybe he can chime in on your post.
I havent seen her to much at the races,maybe she is ready to take over or not doing it??

Drag racing survived 2020 without JFR.

True, It's only hurting his empire. There are many teams that can out surpass his attention getting bull$shit. NHRA depends on his interviews to make them look good. If the smaller teams step up, In todays world, The Force group will be a thing of the past. Look at some of the teams that lost everything and you haven't seen them since.
Jeez, did your cat piss in your coffee?:(

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back