Vegas P.R.O. Meeting (2 Viewers)

It would be really interesting to see all the teams remain quiet about it next year & then none of them show up that weekend! How would that fix Bruton & the NHRA for trying to FORCE an unsafe race on everyone?!!! PRO needs to grow a pair & stand up for the things the organization was formed for in the first place!!! Just my take. Ray.

Interesting? Yeah. Will it ever happen? Hell no.

By the way, putting it in the terms of forcing them to race unsafe is over the edge. There's a large gaurd wall between the two sets of lanes. Could one jump over? Yeah, probably. But these cats would run 4-wide in a parking lot with nothing between them. That's what racers do, and that's why you'll never see a boycott.

Sean D

Breaking news- NHRA name changed to BSRA(no not what you are thinking)
Bruton Smith Racing Association

Kinda sickens me to see them claim to care about fans think yet again ignore what fans say.

Everyone they interviewed seems more interested in kissing bruton booty. No doubt the fear of him pulling his tracks from the circuit is what drove this. Run with something because something it is a good idea, something that is good for the sport, not because Daddy Warbucks wants it that way. They have set themselves up with a very bad precedent here.

oh and I am now a Morgan Lucas fan.

Looks like Bruton now officially runs the NHRA. Pretty cool for him - he's in charge of it and he didn't even have to buy it.

Dave

PRO needs to grow a pair & stand up for the things the organization was formed for in the first place!!! Just my take. Ray.

Yer right Ray, If they ever do, then you'll see change. PRO has to wake up to the fact that THEY the racers are the show. The fans don't care what the flags say, NHRA - IHRA- XYZ/HRA. It's the cars we come to see.

Untill the racers wake up, we all gotta take what ever nhra dishes out.

I don't know why but ive heard drag racing be refered to as a show so much this year that everytime it gets called a show it makes me cringe anyone else sick of being called a show.

I was told by a PRO member today that they are meeting with NHRA Friday morning. It appears the proposal would be to do the 4 Wide as a special invitational event. The thought is it would be a win-win: Bruton gets a third event at ZMax and the racers don't have to do 4 Wide as a points event. The thinking is that if the money is right everyone will show up, especially with points not on the line.

Brian, I have to ask you something stupid, but what rear-end did you pull this out of of? Mark Williams, Strange, Chrisman, Moser or you're own? The "Meeting" with PRO and some owners was on Saturday at 8:00am and had to do with 4-wide but also something which is shocking has gone un-reported as of tonight. It was about another issue which is going un-reported at this time. As they say, "what happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas", that's all I'll say.

Do me and the sport a favor Brian. When you "TALK TO A MEMBER AT PRO", go ahead and quote them as far as what the "Meeting" and content is going to be about. There is nothing worse than some body who is 'in the know' after talking with somebody they 'know' and honestly being not only in the wrong ball park, but in the wrong city....

And after this statement, FOUR WIDE FORMAT RETURNS TO zMAX IN 2011 , I'd say your info was a bit off pace, don't ya think?

I don't know why but ive heard drag racing be refered to as a show so much this year that everytime it gets called a show it makes me cringe anyone else sick of being called a show.

Newsflash William, Drag Racing, like Baseball, Football, Soccer, IRL, Nascar, F-1 is Sports entertainment... I.E. "A SHOW"... Sorry to inform you of this, but Drag Racing is Entertainment and a Sport combined... Has been for years.

Newsflash William, Drag Racing, like Baseball, Football, Soccer, IRL, Nascar, F-1 is Sports entertainment... I.E. "A SHOW"... Sorry to inform you of this, but Drag Racing is Entertainment and a Sport combined... Has been for years.

I am aware of that but I just never consider it a show I know its entertainment but the excitement for me is watching people race and win and set records. I never even think of the show aspect. I allways considered sports being an entertainment out of technicality because of the fact that what sports do just happens to be entertaining people enjoy watching others compete.

I am aware of that but I just never consider it a show I know its entertainment but the excitement for me is watching people race and win and set records. I never even think of the show aspect. I allways considered sports being an entertainment out of technicality because of the fact that what sports do just happens to be entertaining people enjoy watching others compete.

....I hate to be the one to tell you this William, but until you accept this fact, you won't be racing in "The Show" anytime soon....

The "Sport" you know is dead. We've reached our 'peak' of seeking 'records' and performance. Perhaps not in sportsman classes, but as far as the 'cream of the crop', yeah, we're peaked dude. It's simply too damn fast dude. We can't go faster without the abilities to Slow them down after the run better. This means, longer shut downs, fewer catastrophic engine failures, and insurance companies willing to support us on our quest for speed....

If you have a solution for this, I'm sure the people in Glendora, Calif. would be happy to hear it...

Brian, I have to ask you something stupid, but what rear-end did you pull this out of of? Mark Williams, Strange, Chrisman, Moser or you're own? The "Meeting" with PRO and some owners was on Saturday at 8:00am and had to do with 4-wide but also something which is shocking has gone un-reported as of tonight. It was about another issue which is going un-reported at this time. As they say, "what happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas", that's all I'll say.

Do me and the sport a favor Brian. When you "TALK TO A MEMBER AT PRO", go ahead and quote them as far as what the "Meeting" and content is going to be about. There is nothing worse than some body who is 'in the know' after talking with somebody they 'know' and honestly being not only in the wrong ball park, but in the wrong city....

And after this statement, FOUR WIDE FORMAT RETURNS TO zMAX IN 2011 , I'd say your info was a bit off pace, don't ya think?

Tim........You said "something shocking has gone un-reported as of tonight. It was about another issue which is going un-reported at this time. As they say, ''what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas" thats all I'll say.
Why even bring this up if you have no intention of saying what it is? Seems like very childish behavior to me.
I KNOW SOMETHING YOU DON'T!.....I KNOW SOMETHING YOU DON'T!:(

Tim........You said "something shocking has gone un-reported as of tonight. It was about another issue which is going un-reported at this time. As they say, ''what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas" thats all I'll say.
Why even bring this up if you have no intention of saying what it is? Seems like very childish behavior to me.
I KNOW SOMETHING YOU DON'T!.....I KNOW SOMETHING YOU DON'T!:(

Hey Paul, it was an example of what Brian's post was. Sarcasm dude.

And it's shocking to me that nobody posted about the other topic on the meeting here on 'the mater'. It seems there is always somebody who "knows a guy" or "Heard from a friend" that opens up a discussion which usually is wrong information and people get all worked up about it.

Quite frankly, what 'allegedly' was talked about in this meeting was having to do with slowing the cars down with a significant rules change, which with the crew chiefs I spoke to about it, would cause more problems than solve the issue. Since I was not there in the meeting, I can't talk about exactly what it was as I don't have the facts. So, I'm not gonna tell...I'm not gonna tell... :rolleyes:

Oh that last line is Sarcasm too...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back