Vegas P.R.O. Meeting (1 Viewer)

Dragracer

Nitro Member
I understood that there would be a P.R.O. meeting at Las Vegas to discuss the future of 4 wide racing.
Does anyone know when that meeting is planned and if it's just P.R.O. or P.R.O and NHRA together?

I found the answer to my question. According to Competition Plus:
"THE PRO BOARD WILL MEET AS A GROUP (4/17) TO DETERMINE HOW THEY INTEND TO MOVE FORWARD ON THIS ISSUE".
Sure would like to be a fly on the wall during that meeting. If anyone hears the results of the meeting let us all know.

I was told by a PRO member today that they are meeting with NHRA Friday morning. It appears the proposal would be to do the 4 Wide as a special invitational event. The thought is it would be a win-win: Bruton gets a third event at ZMax and the racers don't have to do 4 Wide as a points event. The thinking is that if the money is right everyone will show up, especially with points not on the line.

I was told by a PRO member today that they are meeting with NHRA Friday morning. It appears the proposal would be to do the 4 Wide as a special invitational event. The thought is it would be a win-win: Bruton gets a third event at ZMax and the racers don't have to do 4 Wide as a points event. The thinking is that if the money is right everyone will show up, especially with points not on the line.

This would be a good compromise.. But you know I have to ask.......

Is it considered a test session!?:eek::eek:

The person I talked to indicated that it would not count as a test session. NHRA would have to do that or virtually no one would participate.

Just to make it clear-as far as I have heard this proposal has not been discussed with NHRA but will be on Saturday so no one should take any of this as fact or as agreed upon.

How is an exhibition event gonna be any more safe than the 4 wide nationals were this year? Safety was one of PRO's biggest concerns ya know....

How is an exhibition event gonna be any more safe than the 4 wide nationals were this year? Safety was one of PRO's biggest concerns ya know....

BINGO!!

All-Star events usually have one thing going for them, very large payouts for participants.

The Showdown had a 200K payout to the winner. Back in 1999.

Make that amount 250K or over today, plus the prestige that a winner of that type of event garners, and every one and their brother/sister are gonna' run their car as hard as if it were a points event.

this is where I don't get it.

In other words, "I voted for it, before I voted against it" (or vise versa)

Credibility is taking a little hit here IMO.

REX

he who has the most money gets to bully and set the rules......

to be honest I don't have a big issue if they do it once a season. I don't like it but 1 out of 23 races is fine. However with as many tracks and races that he has I don't see this sticking to just one. Vegas is supposedly ready to roll on adding 2 lanes so it would already jump to 4 races (2 at charlotte, 2 at Vegas).

It would be really interesting to see all the teams remain quiet about it next year & then none of them show up that weekend! How would that fix Bruton & the NHRA for trying to FORCE an unsafe race on everyone?!!! PRO needs to grow a pair & stand up for the things the organization was formed for in the first place!!! Just my take. Ray.

Ray, it'd be a game of chicken. Let's say that everyone says "I'm not going". Then the guy who's had a really crappy start of the year realizes he has a chance to make up a bunch of points on the field just by showing up. So, they show. Others get wind of it, they show up. And... pretty soon you have a full field.

that's it... hope all the new fans enjoy the show.

I'm glad I Did Not Renew my membership.

y'all have fun, as far as I'm concerned, a friend of 45 years died 17 April 2010, may she rest in peace.

d'kid

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back