This rumor just will NOT Die! (1 Viewer)

at this point i'd just assume to leave it at.....if it happens it happens if it doesn't it doesn't.

Let's see.... winter is coming soon to Norwalk - paving couldn't start until.... April if they're lucky... what is it... a 2008 event?

Let me ask a stupid question...

Why couldn't IHRA race at Norwalk if it's an NHRA track... or Bristol.... or where ever? NHRA, Super Chevy, NOPI, IHRA - what does it matter? How many tracks have multiple events. Note, I am not trying to make an argument for the potential marketing obsticles... but why couldn't that happen?

I'd love to hear a few good reasons.

Man, This goes way back to Wally vs Jim and what's best for Drag Racing. And the Nitro Ban. And Sponsorship Money. And sanctioning bodies becoming Track Owners. And baning drivers because they run for the other guys, and they questioned The Gods On High.

Kinda like NASCAR and the USAC stock car circuit. Or Indy and Champ Cars.

I do service work for Norwalk, it will be interesting to see what their track maintenance supervisor has heard.
BTW, does any one really want to see a 1/8th mile National event (story below it)?

Last edited:
Let's see.... winter is coming soon to Norwalk - paving couldn't start until.... April if they're lucky... what is it... a 2008 event?

They can pave for maybe another 3 months, maybe longer, around here. Maybe it'll happen, maybe not. I'm not sure I want it to.

An 1/8 mile Natl. event? Not for $50-60 a Day I wouldn't! 3 sec. Fuel car laps don't get my Rocks off......Sorry!:confused:

Joe, I wouldn't be so quick to put a dollar value on it. The real test should be whether or not you get quality racing with an engaging cast of characters / cars / personalities. I don't know if you've ever attended a top-notch 1/8th mile race but I can tell you that one of the best events I've ever attended, bar none, was Dragstock II at Jackson SC last year. I can assure you that there's nothing boring about a well-constructed 1/8th mile race at all.

Joe, I wouldn't be so quick to put a dollar value on it. The real test should be whether or not you get quality racing with an engaging cast of characters / cars / personalities. I don't know if you've ever attended a top-notch 1/8th mile race but I can tell you that one of the best events I've ever attended, bar none, was Dragstock II at Jackson SC last year. I can assure you that there's nothing boring about a well-constructed 1/8th mile race at all.

Well I'm one that maintains never say never. But Drag racing's short enough as it is, 1/8 mile just seems like a partial dose is all. For that sportsman classes Super comp an slower I'm assuming you don't notice that difference as much.

I would never go to an 1/8th mile Nat'l. Event. We run a high-nine bracket car and if it rains on race day, we run 1/8th mile instead of 1/4. We HATE it. I didn't spend thousands of dollars on a race car to run 108 mph! And don't get me started on 1/8th mile Division Bracket Finals, when your track has been running 1/4 mile all season.:mad:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back