A.J. + Kalitta = Target FC?? (1 Viewer)

Conrad Kalitta has worked for ever cent of his money , if you read his bio he started with just a small little single engine plane that he flew himself and worked his way to what he has now .

Connie got his hard working ethics from his Dad. His Dad owned a propane bottled gas business on the east side (of Detroit), where Connie worked as a teenager in the 50's. He hung out with my father back then. This was before he had a drivers license.

The family might be around for a very long time in racing.....Connie's Grandson Cory has been seen washing parts on his father's funny car already!

Wasn't it Yoda that said in Star Wars... "there is another........"

Connie's story is an amazing one. I may be way off here, but I remember reading a long time ago that he was banned by the NHRA for a year or so back in the 60s, and he took the opportunity to get his flying business off the ground (no pun intended), so NHRA kind of did him a favor. Either way, he has built a heck of an empire, and it's cool to hear that his grandson is involved in the sport.

There's more that makes a man than his bottom line. Money can't buy happiness, let me tell you.
But since we are on the subject, you look at Connie with all his 747's and other planes, and then you look at the TOP DOG, Bill Gates who could buy Connie out along with every team that comes to the track 10 times over, kinda puts things in perspective.

I hope Snake gets the Target deal if there is one to be had. I sure as hell don't want to see Larry Dixon on the outside lookin' in next year.

With Toliver being spotted in the Kallita pits and Alan giving support and Scott’s performance since then tells me if it does happen it will be a potent team!
We will have to wait and see DRO has gotten it wrong in the past but some stuff has come to fruition so only time will tell.
If DSR loses Alan Johnson he will no longer be a threat that's for sure.
What ever happens Alan will be richer for it! :rolleyes:

Personally I would have a hard time seeing Alan Johnson leaving DSR if they win the title. I sense a bit of team loyalty in him. No doubt he will shine regardless of which shirt he is wearing next year.

I dont remember the time or place, but I heard a funny story about Connie flying into an airport in his Hawker and when he landed there was an FAA official there who noticed that the Connie was the only person getting out of the plane. The FAA official proceeded to give Connie a citation for not having a first officer onboard ( it was just Connie and his dog). Connie being Connie says to the FAA official.."you better write 2 of them because I'm leaving out here shortly the same way I came in".
I'm not for sure how true this story is, but it sounds like Connie's work to me!!!:D

Personally I would have a hard time seeing Alan Johnson leaving DSR if they win the title. I sense a bit of team loyalty in him. No doubt he will shine regardless of which shirt he is wearing next year.

Loyalty please, he is an independent the only thing Alan is loyal to is his family which isn't DSR.
If he wins the championship he can go out on top with nothing else to prove in T/F.
F/C represents a challenge something he never got a chance to see all the way through when he started and I think Connie would be a kick to work for.
Alan is in the driver seat of his own destiny whether he stays at DSR or leaves but there is no loyalty in business which this sport is first and foremost a business. ;)

I hope Snake gets the Target deal if there is one to be had. I sure as hell don't want to see Larry Dixon on the outside lookin' in next year.

Ditto. I think Connie's story is an awesome one, no doubt about it. And we all know he's loaded with cash. And I love the fact that he's earned everything he's gotten... A true American success story.

And we all know how incredibly talented Alan Johnson is - it's not even really debatable. He's a proven commodity calling the shots in Top Fuel. His Funny Car debut wasn't especially stellar, but I don't think anyone doubts he can eventually be just as devastating tuning a Flopper as he's been with a Rail.

But the simple fact of the matter is Top Fuel won't be the same without Larry Dixon - he's too young to be out of a ride. Donnie Bender's rookie Crew Chiefing (is that a word) campaign hasn't been all smiles, but he's on the cusp of joining the great ones and time off due to limited funds is NOT what the doctor ordered.

Maybe Sears (Craftsman) can jump into the Tool Top Fuel Wars with Matco, Snap-On & Mac...:D

I think I read in dragster years ago some1 with a knife was on his plane and Connie pretty much kicked his A**. lol

Maybe Sears (Craftsman) can jump into the Tool Top Fuel Wars with Matco, Snap-On & Mac...:D

Well that's not going to happen. Sears is in such financial hot water that when KMart bought them, they wanted to drop the Kenmore brand because the profit margin was so thin. Prudhomme will find funding, but will Donnie still be aboard?

Prudhomme will find funding, but will Donnie still be aboard?

I hope so. I read Larry Dixon's quote in National Dragster today and got a little chuckle out of it... "We don't have Obi-Wan in our pit anymore. We have Luke Skywalker and he's been trying to find the force."

Hey, I'll tell you what - I bet Connie would scoop up Donnie in a heartbeat! Don't forget - he worked for Team Kalitta before on the AIA cars.

I hope so. I read Larry Dixon's quote in National Dragster today and got a little chuckle out of it... "We don't have Obi-Wan in our pit anymore. We have Luke Skywalker and he's been trying to find the force."

This is my first time reading that quote, and it is hilarious.:D :) That's a classic quote from Dixon & good way to describe Donnie's transformation.

He's already pretty good, but he'll also get better with every pass down the track.

Target/Scott "what if"

sk.jpg

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back