A.J. + Kalitta = Target FC?? (1 Viewer)

Dave Marek does it again, AWESOME work.......................

There can only be one Obi-Wan....................

Dave, great work as usual!! :cool:

The project I discussed with you is on idle right now. You will be called if it gets into gear again.

Thanks,

Rapid

sk.jpg

AWESOME concept!!! :D

Man, Dave...you've got a RIDICULOUS amount of talent/artistic ability!

in the long run its just a body , its not like its an engine or something . Im sure toyota won't even think of building a fuel engine because they don't alow non authorised toyota mechanics to touch their engines even in formula one and indy and other events that toyota compete in you aren't allowed to work on , pull apart or fix the engines they have to be sent away to toyota . I was talking to someone who used to be service manager at a toyota dealership here in NZ and he said that he had helped set up a toyota open wheeler and that they werent allowed to mess with the engine if it needed work it had to be sent away . Toyota keep there secrets close to heart.

jesus what are you smoking??? connie can afford whatever he wants!!!!!

Hmm...I take it some need to replace the batteries in their sarcasm detectors.

Awesome work Dave. Really Incredible stuff.

By the way, who's taking bets on when the commentator will first say something about having a big target on his back?

Last edited:
They are both awesome, but I think the second takes the strip by a wheel! I like the additional color.

Yeah I like the 2nd one better as well.

The silver really takes a way the plainness that the white had on the first. Although I do understand why it was white, being Target's colours and what not.

Remember though, money cannot buy happiness. There's been quite a list of GREAT people on the Kalitta payroll over the years... Jim Brissette, Ed McCullough, Larry Meyer, Tim Richards, Kimberly LaHaie, Tim Ferrell, Dick LaHaie, Johnny West, Donnie Bender and more. All of whom are gone for whatever reason. When in Yipsilanti... you must do as the Yipppies do!
Connie runs the show (and rightfully so). Get on his bad side.... well I won't even go there. But if you can adapt, stay smart and learn to love ....... he would lay his life on the line for you. I can tell you, the man has a heart of gold. I guess either you get it or you don't.
And on top of all this... the guy is a hell of a pilot.. TO THIS DAY.

And on top of all this... the guy is a hell of a pilot.. TO THIS DAY.
Chris, I read somewhere a while back that Connie has more hours logged as a pilot than anyone else in the world. The world! Do you know if that's true? Pretty amazing if it is.
I also heard story of him getting fined or in trouble somehow with the FAA one time because he was supposedly on a solo flight, and he put the bird on auto-pilot and took a nice, long nap. :D

I'm not sure how this turned into a thread about the bad things Connie has done. He has been a fierce competitor for decades - but he has some sides you might not have heard of. Erin and I have enjoyed participating in the Kalitta Pitside Experience for the past two years - two things come to mind.
1. Connie as Grandpa - this whole team is a family and it was great to see Connie taking time during a race to spend time with his grandkids.
2. I've thanked Shirley, David Baca and Paula Martin for the kindness they showed to Erin. She was amazed (after hearing all those stories about a grumpy old racer) that she was able to sit with Connie and talk about racing.
I'm afraid he will be in fourth place on her hero list, but it was an experience
she will never forget!

I'm not sure how this turned into a thread about the bad things Connie has done.
Not sure where you're coming from with that statement. Seems to me just about everyone who's posted on this thread has a great deal of respect and genuine like for Connie.

I think age has calmed him down and softened him up a little (PLEASE don't say you heard that from me!) but hey, look who we're talking about....Of course, there's some wild flying stories out there too! I don't know about the flight total time hours thing. But he is type rated for quite a few different planes, including the B747. And he sits in the left seat every weekend going to the races in the Lears or Falcon while Doug works the radio.
Doug is another great airman. He is so professional. He knows LearJets better than he knows dragsters. He also holds several type ratings, and still flys trips to this day for his company when they need him to; especially during the off-season. He was one of the youngest people to ever get a LearJet rating.

i hope its true! a.j and kalitta= awesome! the crumbling of the evil empire continues:D go team kalitta!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back