Norwalk will have an NHRA natl. in '07! (1 Viewer)

Looks like the Baders better start buying all that property that surrounds the facility...130 acres might not be enough for the turnout they'd get. :D

Did current IHRA management tick off the Baders bad enough for them to turn their back on what Bill Sr. had built up?!? Inquiring minds want to know! Anybody with some info?

Did current IHRA management tick off the Baders bad enough for them to turn their back on what Bill Sr. had built up?!? Inquiring minds want to know! Anybody with some info?

This was almost a given, once Bill Sr. "retired"....I doubt he did it just because he was tired....more like he did it to free up time to make this happen.

Also, this year the Div 3 Bracket Finals were moved to Quaker City Dragway from Norwalk....kind of sealed it there.

They have a nice website, and the music on the practice tree is killer.
Wonder how much longer the IHRA link will be up?

Don't believe everything you read on DRO.

I doubt that there will be a National Event there next year. If I'm wrong, I'll come back here and say so.

Alan

Alan...you're probably right about a national event there in 2007 (simply too much to tackle before a national event could be held there) but I wouldn't bet against NRP going NHRA.

I've heard from an extremely reliable source that competitionplus.com
will have the complete Norwalk story posted online early next
Tuesday, probably before anyone else has it. Norwalk is going to
switch to NHRA, and they will have a national event next year, or, as
Alan said, I'll come back on here and apologize -- (but I'm pretty sure I'm
not going to have to!) ;) ;) ;)

I've heard from an extremely reliable source that competitionplus.com
will have the complete Norwalk story posted online early next
Tuesday, probably before anyone else has it. Norwalk is going to
switch to NHRA, and they will have a national event next year, or, as
Alan said, I'll come back on here and apologize -- (but I'm pretty sure I'm
not going to have to!) ;) ;) ;)

Jackee, why wait for next Tuesday? That's what it says right here: Norwalk's Move to NHRA a Done Deal

Well,

I've recieved a couple of PM's telling me to get ready to eat crow. I have never been there, but have heard many good things about the place. And I always like to see tracks come into the NHRA family I don't have any inside info, but from what I have overheard about the National Event schedule for next year, I don't think Norwalk is on it. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. And don't worry I do have a Crow Eating fork handy just in case-LOL

Alan

Well,

I've recieved a couple of PM's telling me to get ready to eat crow. I have never been there, but have heard many good things about the place. And I always like to see tracks come into the NHRA family I don't have any inside info, but from what I have overheard about the National Event schedule for next year, I don't think Norwalk is on it. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. And don't worry I do have a Crow Eating fork handy just in case-LOL

Alan

Alan, tell ya what, if you wrong, I'll share some (Old) Crow with ya at VIR in October. Man, I can't wait.

Alan...you should definetly go to NRP. They don't call it the "NRP Experience" for nothin'. Yes, true, I am a bit biased with that assessment given the facts that it is the track where I first raced way back in 1985 (looks quite a bit different now), that I had two terms of employment there, and our family's long time friendship with the Bader family. I learned most of what I know about the business end (and entertainment end) of drag racing from Bill, Deb, and Bill, Jr. along with Jim Weinert. However, there is simply no facility nicer or better run. What they could bring to the table for NHRA could allow that company to make the next step in its growth, popularity, and business success. The Halloween Classic at the end of October would be a fantastic example of their expertise. Over 1200 bracket racers of all shapes and sizes, 5 days of killer racing, a costume contest like no other, and all the NRP hospitality you can handle.

There is a nice bit of land adjacent to the west side of the facility that could be added to the NRP acerage. At one time there were plans to build a tower/suite structure that straddled the track over the burn-out area that would effectively connect both side of the "stadium" to offer increased suite capacity and, yes, Larry, a press center. The hurdles to overcome to hold a full-blown NHRA national event are mere inconveniences as compared to the negotiations to make a final agreement between the two parties...

The World Nationals were once a favorite event for Ford, GM, and Chrysler being just and hour and a half away from Detroit...something to think about.

Norwalk rocks.

The Holloween classic should be a must see event on every racer or fans list of things to do. Crazy buckeyes race all night. The 4th of July show is awesome.

I do hope they make the switch. It'd be great if nhra followed Baders idea of how racers and fans should be treated.

How far is Norwalk from C-Bus? Never been to either, but I've heard nothing good about C-bus. Maybe NHRA's planning to dump it?

How far is Norwalk from C-Bus? Never been to either, but I've heard nothing good about C-bus. Maybe NHRA's planning to dump it?

There were reports that they were trying to give it up as part of the pro stock truck lawsuit.

It's not far, roughly 2 hours north of C-bus

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back