Testing rumor..... (1 Viewer)

Toejam

Nitro Member
I heard from someone today that Robert Hight broke a Frame rail in Testing today! And that JF is looking for a Plueger car for Robert to finish the season. I really am curious why these incidents are happening to JF cars, Any other FC's have any chassis issues to speak of this year?:rolleyes:

Wasn't John's crash the first "chassis" issue for JFR this year? I don't remember what they said officially caused Eric's crash... Ashley's crashes were inexperience mistakes (which I think she learned how to pedal now), and Robert's was an engine explosion...

CJ Curtsinger

I heard from someone today that Robert Hight broke a Frame rail in Testing today! And that JF is looking for a Plueger car for Robert to finish the season. I really am curious why these incidents are happening to JF cars, Any other FC's have any chassis issues to speak of this year?:rolleyes:

So are we to assume the chassis updates held the car together?

I really am curious why these incidents are happening to JF cars, Any other FC's have any chassis issues to speak of this year?:rolleyes:

Here's the way I look at it..... A McKinney chassis is a McKinney chassis, it doesn't know who paid for it. The only difference between JFR and the rest of the AA/FC gang is the body and/or the way that it's mounted.

It either has something to do with the Mustang body or it's a complete coincidence and JFR is having the worst season in history.

I could be dead wrong and that is why this is my first post regarding the recent problems in FC. I don't like to speculate.

Lets just hope the rumor is wrong!

Brian. :)

Last edited:
Rumor is true.

The message below was on another message board. Some people are really getting upset about this. This was copied by permission of the original poster.

Robert's car broke today.

Welding on heat treated tubing has been proven to be a problem. So the fix is to WELD EVEN MORE TUBING ON THE HEAT TREATED TUBING??? WTF???

Roo: Even you have to be scratching your on this: "There was a big scramble by most of the teams late last week as the Ford engineers wanted Grade 5 bolts at the mounting points of the new bracing, reasoning that the softer (than NAS) bolts would bend and absorb more load and prevent any induced vibration/harmonics from tearing the mounting tabs out of the rails."

We need to stop this madness. Park all the cars, declare TPed the champ and throw those MM pieces of crap in the metal pile.

After that, FIRE EVERYONE ON THE CHASSIS COMMITTEE, reinstate Long, Plueger, Meyer, Hadman and Uyehara and be done with it. I don't want to see one more friggin' update from anyone that has had anything to do with any of this. I don't care what car company they work for or how many years they've been fitting and welding tubing or who the fudge runs their cars.

The latest dozen pound of tubing added to the chassis is a bunch of crap that serves no purpose except to get stuck in some driver when the car falls apart. I firmly believe there will be another memorial service somewhere if someone doesn't get their head out and get rid of the problem, starting from the top down.

Putting frosting on a piece of sh!t still makes it a piece of sh!t.

If there is a problem from just one supplier it makes you wonder. I would definitely look elsewhere.

It was said that Densham and Dunn's Plueger cars were looked at and a decision was pending on whether or not they should be required to add the driver's compartment tubing that was put on JF's cars. Only problem is a good one, though. The Plueger's cars aren't breaking.

RG

Last edited:

According to Bill Miller, Force bought one of his own Plueger cars back from Todd Paton that was still new and never run.

Yes, others have had issues. All from the same manufacturer from what I have been told.

According to Bill Miller, Force bought one of his own Plueger cars back from Todd Paton that was still new and never run.

That's the way to go right there. I'm glad my 86 MM ta/fc chassis was built way before this heat treat crap, all though I'm only getting it certified to 7.50's for the occasional bracket racing I'll be using it for, it's 5.99 and quicker tag expires this month.

I said it yesterday/last night... for the first time in years, my ears have stopped ring.... but, the ringing is coming back slowly.... too many different pitches... most in the higher ranges...

The pipes are a tuning fork... being fed both torsional harmonics and a different set of sound waves...

I know Todd has been trying to sell that car for quite some time now. When all this chassis stuff was going on, I actually thought about that new car Todd had, and if anybody ever picked it up.

Last edited:
Whatever is going on with the FC chassis, I'm still at a loss as to why the Force gang keeps having problems? If a Murf car's a Murf car so be it, but I haven't heard of ANY other team having these kind of chassis problems! Does Team Shoe and Pedregon run Murf's??

Throughout the year all the fuel cars chassis needs repairs done, but all the reporters like reporting about JFR's problems this year since they lost Eric. The more ink for the reporter(s) (especially if one can get the inside scoop) they (the reporter) will become a bigger name.

Just heard that Hight's car broke in the Rear of the car, Not in front of the driver's cage I assumed. This is awfully strange.....:rolleyes:

This makes me so sick I want to cry. We lost Eric, could have lost John, and now this. Slow these cars down before we lose or cripple somebody else. I always chuckled at people that talked about slowing the cars in the past, but now I guess I'm one of them. We've got two events left and I think something can be done easily as a temporary fix. Take one Mag off, make them run smaller tires,(can't put as much power on the ground with a smaller footprint), run a smaller pump; something. This is a very serious problem and it is nothing to take lighty.

Dave

I can't believe nobody's curious why this stuff's only happening to the Force cars? :rolleyes: Not one of the other Top ten cars have experienced any Chassis failure to speak of this year.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back