Elmo wants to know........... (1 Viewer)

ProNitro Pete

Nitro Member
Who pulled their hand out of the A$$ Puppets in Glendora?
There are management or lack of management changes that are actually propelling us forward for once.
There is greater disclosure, a willingness to work with the racers for the betterment of the sport, an openess that has not been seen in a very long time and is very welcomed. now I am not saying that the Den is getting any brownie points for the staunch support of closed market business, But they do need to be seen for the good that they do today.
I will not put any of these in a numeric order, as they are all really important to the growth of our beloved Lady, The Dragstrip!
I must set this in the forefront, As I hate it to appear this way,
#1 is**SCOTT KALITTA**, and it seems that our friend is our most likely Benefactor in this monumental change that we see today.
The willingness, openess and outright proactive action on Scotts crash, brings an openess & that has been and was/is deserved by ALL DRIVERS that coursed the 1320 and gave all.
The Purse Increase, a small but forward token of movement by the Den, a mere pittance, but an increase just the same, and movement forward. Forward is Good.
The shortening of Broadway to 1000' for the Fuelers. This being an interim change as it was released, helps people- Chiefs, Tuners, Owners, and the Den to get a handle on what is really safe and most important, what is wrong, that these things are creeping up on us like this. This allows time for the Cummulative Brain Trust to get a hold on the reasons and violent reactions that we are seeing. All incidents give us more Data, but do we really need more incidents to get that data? This is an interim change and once all is figured into the equation, our Lady will return.
ProStockers now require Data recorders, this is another need that should have been addressed long before Kapt Kaos had his incident, this is not a first in the class, the factory cars are stroking some serious power now, they need more tools. Data recorders provide critical data when and if an incident occurs.
The Oil Down Penalty fund removal...........In this economy, at this time, this may be a small step, but this again forward as well, but gets the point across that with todays issues, a mere triffle, a pittance of running one of these cars & the hand removal, tells us once again that something is happening in the Den.

For sure, someone let light get into the Den, I know not who, but I do see that there are changes happening, a coincidence, I hope not!
A change of management style, we might see the Easter Bunny first, but forward is just that, and we can only hope that there is someone in the window with eyes wide open now.

Is the PR firm in on this miraculous change.............Has the Emperor realized he has no clothes...............

AND now the marketing piece on CNBC... Awesome stuff. I am the first to think poorly of the decisions and lack of leadership in California, but will give credit when it is due.

I just hope this trend continues. The piece on CNBC was outstanding.

S/F
D

ya know I hadn't thought about it but maybe that IMG collaboration is working.
Some good moves, even some press and according to them a 30% jump in TV ratings, I think having a somewhat more consistant time slot has really helped that.
All good moves, now if we could fix the countdown....

As one who is willing to point out the downfalls, I also want to be one who agrees and points out the good stuff too. Some of what has been going on since Scott's death has been amazing. Everybody working together, truth coming from the bunker, letting loose with more of their money and amny such things. Amazing but like I said we should give credence to those that made these decisions and are actually helping the sport instead of hurting it.
Good job!!!!

That was an excellent piece, but we've been hearing this very Promo for the last 6-7 years! Every ticket's a pit pass, how NHRA's a much better deal than Nascar....Yet how many sponsors in this sport end up bailing for Nascar? Other than Castrol and Budweiser I can't think of any sponsor that has stayed around for more than 3-4 years tops.

Joe, I agree to a point, it is the same, but different, it is starting to move forward. It may not be at light speed yet, but slow is forward as well.
to the point of your sponsor issue
Army
Mopar
Matco
Oakley
US Smokeless/ Skoal
Fram
Mac
LRS
CSK
Summit
JEGS
LUCAS

So a potential sponsor sees the CNBC video and does an internet search of the NHRA. In that search up pops Nitromater. The potential sponsor clicks on the link and up pops all the negative things everyone says every week about the NHRA on Nitromater

Hmmm.

At least it's become softball, lately.

Joe, I agree to a point, it is the same, but different, it is starting to move forward. It may not be at light speed yet, but slow is forward as well.
Army
Mopar
Matco
Oakley
US Smokeless/ Skoal
Fram
Mac
LRS
CSK
Summit
JEGS
LUCAS

Good point, but the true litmus test will be how many NON-automotive sponsors come into the sport, and how long they stay involved. Zantex 3 and Strivectin to name a few.

So a potential sponsor sees the CNBC video and does an internet search of the NHRA. In that search up pops Nitromater. The potential sponsor clicks on the link and up pops all the negative things everyone says every week about the NHRA on Nitromater

Hmmm.

They may forgive our grumbling as long as we support the sponsor's products and or service.

Hmmm.

RG if a potential sponsor has to go to the internet to find out about NHRA, than they're marketing dept. must be totally inept! Sponsors are looking for demographics, locations, and yes TV ratings! I doubt a message board is going to determine whether or not a sponsor comes onboard or not.:rolleyes:

Army
Mopar
Matco
Oakley
US Smokeless/ Skoal
Fram
Mac
LRS
CSK
Summit
JEGS
LUCAS

Drivers side lined do to lack of sponsorship:

Dean Skuza
Whit Bazemore
Phil Burkart
Clay Millican
Scott Palmer
Joe Hartley
Bruce Litton
Mike Strausberg
Doug Foley
Alan Bradshaw
Bob Gilbertson
Terry Haddock
Paul lee
Corey Lee
John Lawson
Bob Bode
John Capps
And there is more so corporate America hasn't caught on as they claim to be.
:rolleyes:

Drivers side lined do to lack of sponsorship:

And there is more so corporate America hasn't caught on as they claim to be.
:rolleyes:

Bob,
What if anything is positive in your post?

Do you not see the things I mention as moving forward?

Where is the value that you add to this topic posting this?

Do you not see, that there may actually be a new forward motion that is starting to come back and revive some of the ills that have gone on for so long, and that this revival may shorten your list.

Bob,
What if anything is positive in your post?

Do you not see the things I mention as moving forward?

Where is the value that you add to this topic posting this?

Do you not see, that there may actually be a new forward motion that is starting to come back and revive some of the ills that have gone on for so long, and that this revival may shorten your list.

Yes I have Pete and I agree with some of it but not all. ;)
I hope it will get to those hights but you can only fit so many people along a 1/4 mile, ooop's 1000', as far as seating goes so there is limitations.
100,000 a weekend is the exception not the norm.
NHRA needs to be aware of these blimp views which show lots of open seats and the economy isn't going to improve that anytime soon.
I applaud NHRA in its new proactive image with the purse increase and the quick response to shorten the racing to 1000' till they get this figured out.
But I won't agree if it stays that way.
That video segment was real good PR but until we see the investments that equates into more teams and bigger fields i.e better shows the jury is still out.

RG if a potential sponsor has to go to the internet to find out about NHRA, than they're marketing dept. must be totally inept! Sponsors are looking for demographics, locations, and yes TV ratings! I doubt a message board is going to determine whether or not a sponsor comes onboard or not.:rolleyes:

Hey Joe:

If you're considering buying something kind of expensive and don't know a lot about it, where do you go especially if you "are looking for demographics, locations, and yes TV ratings":

A) The local bar and ask the guys.

B) Your wife's beauty salon and ask the girls.

C) Call 1-900-I-Want-Info

D) Do a search on the Internet.

Click here while we wait to hear your answer.

Music to kill time by.

RG

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back