Simple solution... (1 Viewer)

I like Randy's idea and think he's right on. Up here in Oregon one of the motorcycle roadracing sanctioning bodies has a similar rule: If the bike hits the ground for any reason then it's done for the race. It doesn't matter if it's a low-speed lowside that barely scrapes the plastic or a violent high-side that sends the bike cartwheeling down the track, either one means the bike is done for the race.

... Simple reason why this isn't done anymore - Whit Bazemore has mechanical problems in the first round at Indy, his opponent Arley Lango goes to the next round. Next thing you know, Arley has mysterious engine trouble and Whit is back in, keeping him in the top 8 for the Chase. Unlike Nascar, NHRA doesn't let teams blatantly buy their way back in.
The losing driver that is re-instated when his opponent is DQ'd earns no points past his/her losing round. Solves that problem quick and easy and no more singles/byes.

Okay,
Say this happens in the first run and Capps was 16th...
Capps goes on to win the event and recieves no points
Why in the heck would Ace/Capps/The Don use up 40,000 in parts to win that?:confused:

The losing driver that is re-instated when his opponent is DQ'd earns no points past his/her losing round. Solves that problem quick and easy and no more singles/byes.

The title of this thread is "Simple Solution." Why complicate it? "DQ'd" means "you lost."

Real simple. The surviving team continues on, points and all. Don't hit the wall...and life is good. Hit the wall...see you later.

RG

I like the idea 100%...any contact with the wall before or after the finish line ie: the racing surface and shut down area equals an instant DQ period.Keep it simple,no back up cars or chassis required,no arguments.Great post Randy

I like the idea also - simple. I'm not sure why a lot of people are worried about the 'losing' car that continues. How is it different from one guy red lighting - the other guy crossing the centerline - red light wins - lessor infraction... right?

On the other had - I think you are going to have to make some judgment calls for headers, scrapes and sand traps. San traps being the most likely problem. Wasn't it Del that flipped the car into the sand? the sand can do damage.

OK, and one more unlikely incident that could happen - someone has a single in the semi finals - they want to run hard to get lane choice. They hit the wall - single in the finals... right?

I like the idea also - simple. I'm not sure why a lot of people are worried about the 'losing' car that continues. How is it different from one guy red lighting - the other guy crossing the centerline - red light wins - lessor infraction... right?

On the other had - I think you are going to have to make some judgment calls for headers, scrapes and sand traps. San traps being the most likely problem. Wasn't it Del that flipped the car into the sand? the sand can do damage.

OK, and one more unlikely incident that could happen - someone has a single in the semi finals - they want to run hard to get lane choice. They hit the wall - single in the finals... right?

The current rule regarding a single run is, you have to stage under your own power and take the green. After that it's up to you. You can shut it off and push it back if you like. You don't even have to cross the finish line.

Making the rule for being DQ'd for touching-hitting the wall after the finishline is another way for a team member to take a DIVE!. I agree with the registering 2 chassis for an event deal, why should the winning driver be DQ'd (loose points) for touching-hitting the wall after the finishline, that would be a stupid rule, I'll bet the SPONSOR'S wouldn't like that rule either (ie there would be less sponsor's) that would hurt too.

Making the rule for being DQ'd for touching-hitting the wall after the finishline is another way for a team member to take a DIVE!. I agree with the registering 2 chassis for an event deal, why should the winning driver be DQ'd (loose points) for touching-hitting the wall after the finishline, that would be a stupid rule, I'll bet the SPONSOR'S wouldn't like that rule either (ie there would be less sponsor's) that would hurt too.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Another way to take a dive? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That's the funniest thing I've ever seen posted in any drag racing forum! :p:p:p

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back