Taking Dives................ (1 Viewer)

Rajunz

Nitro Member
I have been waiting patiently for this thread, but no one has stirred this one up yet. You do realize that if Cruz had not taken a dive for Tony last week in Dallas, Robert Hight would still be the points leader.:eek:

That is all........................

Seriously, the subject came up this Sunday in NASCAR because Rick Hendricks had Casey Mears pull over and let Kyle Busch pass him for position. All of the announcers in the booth were against it. In the conversation was Andy Pitre, and he had an interesting take on the subject. Saying that as car owner, that there was no way in the world that he could hire Crew Chiefs and ask them to go out there and pour their heart and soul into winning, only to come back and ask them to lose. They all agreed that there was no place in the sport for team orders and compared it to what has gone on for years in F1.

Last edited:
They both had bad runs... I thought Rahn was going for the throat and guessed wrong...:rolleyes:

The whole purpose of multi car teams is to help win a championship.

I don't think anyone likes it but I think we are stuck with it.

I thought the whole point of multicar teams is to gather information to win Championships. :( Not to throw a race so your team mate goes another round.

I hate that crap.:mad:

Give me the good old days of independent owners/drivers/crew chiefs all rolled into the same person. ;)

Everyone quit complaining, this is about money not racing with the exception of the Lucas team, hold your nose b/4 you dive;) i think multi car teams have
screwed up good clean racing, it would give other drivers the chance at some of the sponsors and big money;)

In Bama On The Sidelines:eek:

Last edited:
And what about Vandergriff going in the tank for Dixon? He smoked the tires at the same place as Cruz, so if Cruz was diving, I guess that Bob was too.

Alan

They both had bad runs... I thought Rahn was going for the throat and guessed wrong...:rolleyes:
It looks like Rahn is actually doing pretty well with the flopper, he went right down the track on every pass in Ennis, EXCEPT for the final. Did the track change so much for the finals?

Actually, Guy said it all up above, it is all about business..........;)

It looks like Rahn is actually doing pretty well with the flopper, he went right down the track on every pass in Ennis, EXCEPT for the final. Did the track change so much for the finals?

Sorry But,

I really think both Rahn and Jim D saw something they both liked so they went for it... as far as the the twenty points... After this weekend it ain't gonna matter... 6 cars going for 4 spots... and if Robert and Tony both qualify, it's 4 fighting for 2... we ain't gonna see a new record, so it's 80 plus qualifying points max...

So yeah What Reinhart said...

If it was a dive, at least it was artfully done. Honestly admitting you took a dive these days will get you in hot water, so you can expect no such honest admissions in the future - it's just as easy to red light or smoke the tires or lose power and you won't get in trouble if you make it look good. The memo may have said "no dives," but the clear message was, "no obvious dives."

Could be the tune-up changed, or maybe the clutch set-up... :rolleyes:

And what about Vandergriff going in the tank for Dixon? He smoked the tires at the same place as Cruz, so if Cruz was diving, I guess that Bob was too.

Alan

I don't know....maybe perhaps because they aren't teammates?

Don't get your panties in a wad, Alan. I think it was a legitimate question and concern. Diving sucks. Period.

Is it too late to say This should be a two car Shoot-Out between Robert and Ron with Tony as the dark horse?

Welcome to todays episode of "As the Slicks Turn":eek::D

Hey Drew,
My panties ain't wadded, I guess I should have put a smiley face in there-LOL

In the semis both Pedregons took the left lane trying for lane choice in the final, Cruz had a hole out at the hit, and he ended up in the right for the final. In the final he was on all 8 and pulled the tires loose.

I'm not upset, I'm just busting chops:D:D (Is that better?-LOL)

Alan

I'm not upset, I'm just busting chops:D:D (Is that better?-LOL)

Alan
Well, I knew you were just busting chops..:D The spirit of this thread was not so much about Cruz taking a dive, but more so about how diving is affecting NASCAR in the same way.

Sorry But,

I really think both Rahn and Jim D saw something they both liked so they went for it... as far as the the twenty points... After this weekend it ain't gonna matter......
Those 20 points really do matter, alot. They can mean the difference of 10, 20, even 30 extra points going into the final.

What do you say, after Richmond, we can come back here and based on where everyone ends up, see exactly how valuable those 20 points really were.:)

Sorry Lance, but I don't see a round and a half making a difference in the final 4... and whom ever reset the flopper national record in the last two races will be champion...

and I'm really thinking the final 4 will be Robert, Tony, Jack, and Mike... and I think Mike's gonna win Richmond...

just one more "joy" of our new fake championships.

Was it clean? Was it a dive? Who knows but just the fact that we question this as well as other races damages the sport. How does it draw new fans and sponsors if they races are even perceived as being less then clean? What once was the quiet, dirty secret that may happen a few times a year is now making several passes suspicious.

Did Cruz dive? Did Chip cut a bad light on purpose to make it look good?
Nobody knows

Have I mentioned that I hate the countdown and think we should go back to a truer method:D

Alan

Please don't confuse us with facts-you keep doing that Alan and it gets in the way of all kinds of illogical thinking and conspiracy theories!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back