stupid lawsuit threatens Maskin (1 Viewer)

Drag Racers & Drag Race fans will never confuse "Big O" tires for "Big M " heads & blocks. But racers & fans all buy tires. If these guys don't stop with their dumb law suit, all racers & fans should stop patronizing Big O tire stores! Hit these guys in their bottom line w/ an effective boycott!

Drag Racers & Drag Race fans will never confuse "Big O" tires for "Big M " heads & blocks. But racers & fans all buy tires. If these guys don't stop with their dumb law suit, all racers & fans should stop patronizing Big O tire stores! Hit these guys in their bottom line w/ an effective boycott!

I hate to see this for Baca & Windham Motorsports, but totally agree. This just doesn't make sense from a business perspective.

Last edited:
"Big O Tires, Inc. filed it's opposition of the Dart's application to register in January, 2003, stating in it's notice to oppose the trademark that it believed it would be damaged by the registration of the 'Big M' trademark, citing likelihood of confusion."

Hey, they may have a point. I can't tell you how many times I've gone out to buy a set of tires and came back with a block and set of heads due to this! :D

If this could confuse anyone, then surely Playboy and Playgirl must be owned by the same company? LOL. Don't send anyone from Big O Tires out to buy either one for you! Send a link for this thread to them!

Last edited:
Email sent. and if I get enough time a "Boycott Big O Tires" sticker for the race car before we head to ATL this weekend

Bobby, would you mind if I plagarize your letter. It really is good. I'd like to put it on paper and send it to the following gentlemen:

Lawrence C. Day, President and Chief Executive Officer, TBC Corp
TBC Corporation
7111 Fairway Drive, Suite 201
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33418
561-227-0955

John B. Adams, President and CEO, Big O Tires
Big O Tires
12650 E Briarwood Ave #2D
Centennial, CO 80112
800-321-2446

Here's a link to their contact info and who's who.

Have at it! I'll gladly stand behind what I speak in public or private. I just hope it awakens someone at the corporate level as to the public's opinion of their inner workings?

Bobby, would you mind if I plagarize your letter. It really is good. I'd like to put it on paper and send it to the following gentlemen:

Lawrence C. Day, President and Chief Executive Officer, TBC Corp
TBC Corporation
7111 Fairway Drive, Suite 201
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33418
561-227-0955

John B. Adams, President and CEO, Big O Tires
Big O Tires
12650 E Briarwood Ave #2D
Centennial, CO 80112
800-321-2446

Here's a link to their contact info and who's who.

Sorry guys. None of this will do any good. Go back and read my post again. I'm in complete agreement that this sucks. But you need to check out my link to Sumitomo corp, and realize that the people who are making these decisions don't give a rat's patoot about the average small business man. AND, they are big enough that any boycott generated by this thread will not affect their bottom line in the least. Not a bit. Wouldn't even be a blip. In fact, they really don't give a you-know-what about what you think of them. Why should they?

As I said, welcome to the world of big business.

Last edited:
That's the way I see i, Doc..even stuck in the butt corporations HAVE to pay attention when reputations are at risk. No company likes the perception that this suit brings.

Sorry guys. None of this will do any good. Go back and read my post again. I'm in complete agreement that this sucks. But you need to check out my link to Sumitomo corp, and realize that the people who are making these decisions don't give a rat's patoot about the average small business man. AND, they are big enough that any boycott generated by this thread will not affect their bottom line in the least. Not a bit. Wouldn't even be a blip. In fact, they really don't give a you-know-what about what you think of them. Why should they?

As I said, welcome to the world of big business.

David, good point. However, I say it depends on the executive you reach with the letter. Speaking as a small cog in a corporate wheel, I think you'll find many, if not most, senior level execs are not in touch with the mundane, day-to-day operations of their company. Their focus is on long-term planning. My guess would be that this lawsuit is the spawn of some mid-level button pusher that needs to keep a lawyer (who's on retainer) busy with something. If you reach the right exec with a professionally written letter, you may find their reaction is, "are we really spending money on this? An M looks like an O?" You can have a surprisingly good chance at getting a positive result. It certainly is not a guarantee and their screener may flush the letter long before it ever gets to the guy. I can guarantee you that nothing happens unless you try. :)

BTW, sorry for the long-winded thread hijack. :eek:

I guess I don't have to worry about boycotting them.. I checked & there is NO Bog O store within 250 miles of me.. I'm in NY Westchester County

Not a problem for me in the boycott dept. I would never go to a Big O tire store anyways. I patronize a locally owned Goodyear tire store and they serve all of my needs with a smile, appreciation for my buisness and great prices. I guess my personal boycott has been in effect for a long time.:)

I agree with the majority on this thread. What a crock of "you know what". I hope Maskin comes out on top of this deal. He surely will if there is any justice, anywhere.

Big O's new theme song is "I'll Sue 'Ya" by Weird Al.

Here are the lyrics:

I sued Taco Bell
'Cause I ate half a million Chalupas
And I got fat!

I sued Panasonic
They never said I shouldn't use their microwave
To dry off my cat

Huh, I sued Earthlink
'Cause I called them up
N' they had the nerve to put me on hold

I sued Starbucks
'Cause I spilled a Frappucino in my lap
And brrr, it was cold!

I sued Toys'R'Us
'Cause I swallowed a Nerf ball
And nearly choked to death

Ugh, I sued PetCo
'Cause I ate a bag of kitty litter
And now I got bad breath!

I sued Coca-Cola, yo
'Cause I put my finger down in a bottle
And it got stuck!

I sued Delta Airlines
'Cause they sold me a ticket to New Jersey
I went there, and it sucked!

Yeah!!!

If you stand me up on a date
If you deliver my pizza 30 seconds late

I'm gonna sue, sue
Yes, I'm gonna sue
Sue, sue, yeah that's what I'm gonna do
I'm gonna sue, sue
Yes, I'm gonna sue
Sue, sue, yeah I might even sue you!

Ugh!!

I sued Duracell
They never told me not to shove that double-A
Right up my nose

I sued Home Depot
'Cause they sold me a hammer
Which they knew I might drop on my toes

I sued Dell Computers
'Cause I took a bath with my laptop
Now it doesn't work

I sued Fruit of the Loom
'Cause when I wear their tightie-whities on my head
I look like a jerk

I sued Verizon
'Cause I get all depressed
Any time my cell phone is roaming

I sued Colorado
'Cause you know, I think it looks a little bit too much
Like Wyoming

I sued Neiman Marcus
'Cause they put up their Christmas decorations
Way out of season

I sued Ben Affleck
Aw, do I even need a reason?

Ugh!

If I sprain my ankle
While I'm robbing your place

If I hurt my knuckles
When I punch you in the face

I'm gonna sue, sue
Yes, I'm gonna sue
Sue, sue, yeah that's what I'm gonna do
I'm gonna sue, sue
Yes, I'm gonna sue
Sue, sue, that's right I'm gonna sue you

Ugh!
Ugh!
Ugh!

I'll sue ya!
I'll take all of your money
I'll sue ya!
If you even look at me funny

I'll sue ya!
I'll sue ya!

I'll sue ya!
I'll sue ya!

I'll sue ya!
I'll sue ya!

I'll sue ya!
Ha-ha ha ha-haa
I'll sue ya!
What'chall think of that?

I'll sue ya!
Ha-ha ha ha-haa
Boo ya!
I'll sue ya!

Ugh!

That is the most F*CK$D UP SH!T I've ever read!! No, really, I mean it. That's more ridiculous than the people that sued McDonald's 'cause they got burned by the coffee they spilled on themselves, or the ones that sued because they ate too much and got fat!
I guess these entities are screwed too:

http://bigy.com - a chain of grocery stores, one of which is in my town.

http://www.thebige.com/ - a state fair for New England, which I was at last week (maybe they'll sue me too).

And there used to be a bunch of Big A auto parts stores around too. They're gone now, must've got sued.
I give the Big "F" to Big O tires. I'm sure there's none near here, and that's fine with me!

Last edited:
You all seem to be missing the primary element, and the one common denominator,,, THE ATTORNEYS.

Is it at all possible that the atty's for Big O keep filing such pathetic lawsuits to justify their exisitence with the company, or to justify the retainer they get?

Stupid lawsuits are conjured up by atty's, as that is how they make their money. Or the way I see it, atty's don't make money, they take money.

Also remember, many atty's live off of billing hours. Keep a stupid lawsuit like this going, the billing meter keeps running.

Watch out everybody Big O tires next lawsuit may be against you. You give the special lady in your life a big O in the bedroom and you'll have lawyers knockin on your door :D

This is ridiculous. I hope Maskin prevails. It would be a shame to lose a quality team over something like this. I guess I better hide from them b/c many people for years have called me "Big J".

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back