Bob's Unemployed (1 Viewer)

Crash

Nitro Member
Bob Glidden and Dick Maskin have parted ways after a little over a month of working together. The word we are getting is the two just didn't see eye-to-eye on some things.

Who had 38 days? pay up...

2 things to add here;
1; I love Bob, I am a huge fan. I'm just disappointed in how these things keep playing out.
2; Sorry Bobby B, I was not trying to look like I had the scoop when I got it from your site! Won't do it again

Last edited:
You know with all due respect. It goes without question this man's knowledge
and whatnot.

BUT who in the right mind would hire this man. All he's done in the
past 5 years is get hired and quit/fired. That isn't a possitive to any
team.

Bob......I'm sorry your the greatest but perhaps you need to
go back to playing golf.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him back at dsr just in the engine shop????????:eek:
LOL shoe likes a challenge:D :D Remember what ricky said????:eek:

I love Bob to death, I think he's the greatest Pro Stock driver ever but he apparently needs to quit working for other teams b/c its not working out very well for whatever reason.

Phone call that took place earlier today... heard from an EXCELLENT source :rolleyes:

ring.....ring.....

Bob-- "Hello???"

Gregg--"Is Bob Glidden there please?"

Bob- "This is "Bob"

Gregg--
"Yeah Bob, this is Gregg Enders, how are ya?"

Bob- "Gregg who?"

Gregg- "You know, Erica Enders dad.. I that heard you..."

Bob- <click>

Greg- "...were free, and I was wondering. ah..Bob? Hello? Bob? Hellooo?

Sorry I could not resist, if this offends anybody, you can delete it.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Phone call that took place earlier today... heard from an EXCELLENT source

ring.....ring.....

Bob-- "Hello???"

Bob- "This is "Bob"

Gregg-- "Yeah Bob, this is Gregg Enders, how are ya?"

Bob- "Gregg who?"

Bob- <click>

That is some funny $hit!!!

Phone call that took place earlier today... heard from an EXCELLENT source :rolleyes:

ring.....ring.....

Bob-- "Hello???"

Bob- "This is "Bob"

Gregg--

Bob- "Gregg who?"

Bob- <click>

Thanks for the laugh, Paul. I needed a good one today. It's rainy and hot here. :)

Bob needs to get funding to have his own team and hire his son to drive.

I don't think anyone doubts his knowledge and abiltiy to tune, it just doesn't appear he's able to adapt to a situation where he doesn't have the final say. Having his own team would fix that.

Bob needs to get funding to have his own team and hire his son to drive.

I don't think anyone doubts his knowledge and abiltiy to tune, it just doesn't appear he's able to adapt to a situation where he doesn't have the final say. Having his own team would fix that.

PJ you took the words right out of my mouth, I just think Bob wants total control and I feel he thinks if he is entrusted to head up a program then he needs to have final say so. It would suprise me to see Bob in car if he could round up the funds, I really think he has the itch to drive, remember he put alot of laps in while at DSR and he definetly has got his driving back. I saw him at Bradenton last December in Kenny Perry's 10.5 Grand Am and he wasn't missing a beat, smooth crisp runs every pass. I would hire him in a minute right now if I had the funds to build a Pro Stock team. Tom Hammonds, give Bob a call man, he can set you right if he has total control.
Whatever he decides to do I am behind him, he will always be my number one choice of Pro Stock drivers no matter what. He is a class act in my book.

Didn't Bob and Steve Schmidt get along well?

They are close friends, he set Bob up in a car for his first return to Pro Stock after his retirement and then some years later when he decided he wanted to come back Steve put him the car again. After a testing accident Bob questioned himself and was really tore up about wrecking Steve's car so he threw in the towel at Gainesville in 01 or 02 I think it was and walked away. That would have been the first time I had seen Bob in over 10 years had he not left the track that day.

ring.....ring.....

Bob-- "Hello???"

Bob- "This is "Bob"

Gregg--

Bob- "Gregg who?"

Bob- <click>

so funny but so true. and they call bill jenkins grumpy? seems bob cant work with anyone!

Boy, what a shocker. Glidden seems he's not able to work with anybody for any substantial length of time.

Boy, what a shocker. Glidden seems he's not able to work with anybody for any substantial length of time.
Well, let's look at the facts..without throwing National Enquirer slants on it.

Bob worked what?..40 years being the Man..him and his family. He called the shots..pretty good at it, too. I would think it would be difficult for him to adjust to working with/for anybody. And maybe that's all it is..they didn't see eye to eye and were men about it..moved on. Without knowing sh!t about it..what more can anybody say at this point.

I just wish Bob had the means of doing it on his own.

(not aiming anything at you, Brent..just used your quote)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back