RUMOR ALERT (1 Viewer)

i wish blake could have stuck it out on his own, or merged somehow with wilkersons (jmho).........wonder if jim head will retain ford bodies? or go back to toyotas?
pronto seems to use blue. really liked the blue toyota that was ruined in phoenix mix-up with force

i wish blake could have stuck it out on his own, or merged somehow with wilkersons (jmho).........wonder if jim head will retain ford bodies? or go back to toyotas?
pronto seems to use blue. really liked the blue toyota that was ruined in phoenix mix-up with force
I hope Jim goes back to a Toyota also. He and Johnnie had success with the Toyota body and none after getting a Force Ford. Get rid of that body and get some good mojo going again.

Head has run a limited schedule the last few years. With a real sponsor he can run more races. Good deal for both parties.

always watch jim on the starting line with his multi-pocketed black pants. i think he's jealous of larry m. on force's team with all the gadgets hanging
from his belt line.......he always looks nervous, like his car is about to set a new e.t. or mph record.......and it doesn't......maybe it will next year with blake driving. that would be cool.
jim head racing is a fixture of nhra drag racing. that is for sure.

Is he winning races? NO

Jim Head has a different approach to Drag Racing than most of today's owners. He is basically old school in that he wants to compete using innovation just like Coil - Garlits - Warren Johnson and other icons of Racing. The problem with that is NHRA has changed the game so that breed is really no longer relevant because innovation is a dirty word. In today's world Fine Tuning - Record Keeping and having a massive amount of disposible inventory is the name of the game - not coming up with a better "mousetrap". Now: If you are not willing to blow up more equipment and have a larger warehouse full of clutch parts than the rest you are not a "player". This has become a necissity because of unlimited deep pockets and the ability to buy innovation has made it where there are not enough people who can afford this or are willing to do so even if they can afford it. You have to remember that he was one of the last to be an owner/drivers that most likely decided that Father Time has made it where driving is not really the right thing to do anymore. Jim Head is a very intellegent guy that has contributed a lot to get Fuel drag racing to where it is today, but this just "AIN'T" any thing like it was anymore.

I'm betting the collaborative effort with Blake will unleash a very competitive and more consistent car. Jim knows his stuff , Blake can absolutely drive and from the few times I met him at the races seems to be a highly focused guy. Will be cool to watch once they geton the same page.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back