RUMOR MILL - SINGLE CAR TF TEAM EXPANDING TO INCLUDE FUNNY CAR? (1 Viewer)

Have there been more than 1-2 teams in the last 25 years that were successful with one dragster and one fc? This arrangement never seems to go that well for one car or the other. Don’t get me wrong it’s always great to see more cars in the field and it ain’t my money being spent but this almost never seems to go well. I never understood why teams don’t just stick with two of the same class. Maybe there’s some good reasons. Correct me if I’m wrong. Idk.
sponsors pretty much make the call.

When Rick bought the team it was announced that they were planning on adding a second dragster next year with with Mike Kloeber tuning.
Yeah I know, I watch Clay's YouTube channel, too...... I suspect most of the active members on this site watch Clay's YouTube channel.

Dragster / funny car...... you never know, minds can be changed between the middle of this year and the start of next year.

If I'm Rick Ware, and I'm watching the other NASCAR team owner who just started this year in the NHRA, I might change my mind and decide to add a FC instead of a second dragster.

Just thinking out loud. (well, with my fingers)

Last edited:
I heard a story that Eplers' car was repaired after the fire and ended up in Phoenix area. Was run by a man who converted it to the 7.50 F/C class.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back