RUMOR MILL: THE NASCAR MODEL HEADED TO NHRA? (1 Viewer)

please define anyone
I’m really sorry. I thought that was clear, but sometimes subtleties can get the best of me.
Here, from Mirriam Webster. If proof is needed, there’s a second definition from Oxford Language, accessible through Google, a powerful search engine available on the internets.
IMG_1023.jpeg
IMG_1022.jpeg

Last edited:
are 8 car fields coming for a handful of events notorious for short fields? it worked in bradenton
...... or can the teams band together (not necessarily charters), and work along side NHRA, as a partner per say, and provide 16 car fields
at all the events? ....... 16 car fields are etched in our brains. that is the only thing we know ....... we got past 1320', we could probably get past 16.
what if all the regular touring cars would be paid $20-$30k at every race just to show up? ....... 3 or 4 Q passes and 3 rounds on saturday or sunday E's?

are 8 car fields coming for a handful of events notorious for short fields? it worked in bradenton
...... or can the teams band together (not necessarily charters), and work along side NHRA, as a partner per say, and provide 16 car fields
at all the events? ....... 16 car fields are etched in our brains. that is the only thing we know ....... we got past 1320', we could probably get past 16.
what if all the regular touring cars would be paid $20-$30k at every race just to show up? ....... 3 or 4 Q passes and 3 rounds on saturday or sunday E's?
Why are we acting like the occasional short field is some new thing? I can show you races from decades ago with less than 16 cars in the nitro classes. It happens, no need to change the whole system because of it. You can't force teams to go to certain races if it doesn't make financial sense for them, if you do you put them out of business, and then you've got short fields at every race instead of just a few of them.

Why are we acting like the occasional short field is some new thing? I can show you races from decades ago with less than 16 cars in the nitro classes. It happens, no need to change the whole system because of it. You can't force teams to go to certain races if it doesn't make financial sense for them, if you do you put them out of business, and then you've got short fields at every race instead of just a few of them.
Exactly!

of course i can remember short field races too from years gone by, but do you have to accept that? i the name of constant improvement, what areas of nhra nat. events
can be tweaked to better the overall product? i would argue eliminations with a full bracket on raceday. whether that is 8 or 16 cars. of course you can't force independent teams to race
where they don't want to, but if there was better show-up money, it becomes a different story ....... more money for the 2 nitro categories. not a new problem.

seems like a logical thread for this ...... released this afternoon.....3/9 saturday

seems like a logical thread for this ...... released this afternoon.....3/9 saturday
Well, if you read between the lines, it’s all about making money. Now, we all know these cars run on money, and people, yes, also. This could be very good for the sport. If they don’t get too greedy. Obviously, the appeal wouldn’t exist without the fans, but this is shaping up to be something that’s not about the fans, I hope they can keep drag racing fans in the forefront. Not sure that’s going to happen though.

Well, if you read between the lines, it’s all about making money. Now, we all know these cars run on money, and people, yes, also. This could be very good for the sport. If they don’t get too greedy.

don't worry about that.
Why not? Explain. The sponsors don’t want to be there without the fans, and if it’s for profit, the profits not going to exist without the sponsors. At least as I see it. Maybe you have a different take.

chris, i'm insinuating fans are of the utmost importance. sometimes the typed message is misinterpreted. my apologies.

chris, i'm insinuating fans are of the utmost importance. sometimes the typed message is misinterpreted. my apologies.
Mike, I agree. However, the fact that they keep saying it’s all about the fans, and the sport, like three times in a single sentence, kind of diminishes the impact. Especially establishing this is a for profit entity, which is great, don’t get me wrong, but it just doesn’t seem like fans or sport are what they’re in it for. If they find a way to make it work for the fans, and for the sponsors, and for the racers, that is definitely a good model. Don’t get too greedy as individuals. Which will probably, almost inevitably happen.

Mike, I agree. However, the fact that they keep saying it’s all about the fans, and the sport, like three times in a single sentence, kind of diminishes the impact. Especially establishing this is a for profit entity, which is great, don’t get me wrong, but it just doesn’t seem like fans or sport are what they’re in it for. If they find a way to make it work for the fans, and for the sponsors, and for the racers, that is definitely a good model. Don’t get too greedy as individuals. Which will probably, almost inevitably happen.
chris, don't overthink this one. be careful with the use of the word greedy. IMO that is the absolute last thing in play here. i have no further comments on this.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back