RUMOR MILL: THE NASCAR MODEL HEADED TO NHRA? (1 Viewer)

mikebcurve

Nitro Member

well, as far as I can, tell, neither article mentions NHRA, so we are only left to speculate. I’m not even sure what bringing a charter to NHRA would even mean? Maybe someone can spell it out instead of leaving it vague?

Last edited:
well, as far as I can, tell, neither article mentions NHRA, so we are only left to speculate. I’m not even sure what bringing a charter to NHRA would even mean? Maybe someone can spell it out instead of leaving it vague?
The articles were only attached to give you an idea of what the rumor is referencing.

Michael, I get that. And thank you for posting this, it is provocative. I am wondering if someone can fill us all in on what this would mean for the sport. Thank you again. Maybe you? Can you do an exposé? Some people may not even know what a NASCAR charter is.

Yikes. Makes you wonder if the PRO superstar shootout was more than just an "event for the benefit of the fans."
Might have started out that way. But when everybody on the property is saying "man this is the best race I've been to in forever, we need to do this more often," maybe it grows into something more. Wes basically came out and said on the broadcast "this is not the end of this, there is more to come"

some different stuff happened in bradenton. from what i've read and heard online, the 3 pro classes paid to play way in advance, and then all were reimbursed plus additional.
whatever financial model was in place, it seems it was embraced and liked by all involved. what worked for one race does not mean it works for a year long series.

Yikes. Makes you wonder if the PRO superstar shootout was more than just an "event for the benefit of the fans."
What made you think that event was held for the benefit of fans? It wasn't. It was for the teams, and the fact the fan experience turned out favorable (from what I hear) kind of followed...

Seriously, what's the point in selling franchises when they can't even get a full field of cars at certain events.
i think the idea would be the teams would band together to guarantee full fields, and possibly bring with them additional dollars that would be
shared and shared alike by the teams and nhra........same races, same series, full fields, more guaranteed money for the teams on an annual basis.
purses and fines would also be subject to negotiation ........ a rising tide lifts all boats.

Michael, I get that. And thank you for posting this, it is provocative. I am wondering if someone can fill us all in on what this would mean for the sport. Thank you again. Maybe you? Can you do an exposé? Some people may not even know what a NASCAR charter is.
Would this make it difficult for new teams to enter the sport? Would they have to either buy an existing franchise or, like F1, pass a vote to allow an additional franchise and pay large fees to get in?

I can't see NHRA getting involved with a charter deal. They don't have the money to pay appropriate purses and the "stars" rarely don't qualify.

Would this make it difficult for new teams to enter the sport? Would they have to either buy an existing franchise or, like F1, pass a vote to allow an additional franchise and pay large fees to get in?
It's not like people are waiting in line to get to be able to run T/F or F/C at NHRA for the"Giant" purse or "Endorsements" it could bring. I am very sure the teams are pursuing Sponsors and not the other way around. Regardless of what some people think the PIE just "Ain't" big enough for the Racers to all get a larger slice. Even a Not For Profit has to have reserves to stay aloat. If it is so lucrative why is NHRA the only one left. The answer to that is all of us: The members and the fans are basically carring the load. Remember the song by The Band - "Take a Load Off Annie" (PRO), well - You put the Load right on Me (Us).

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back