RUMOR MILL - IS PRO STAGING A BIG-MONEY RACE AHEAD OF 2024 NHRA SEASON OPENER? (1 Viewer)

2024 PRO Superstar Shootout Top Fuel Drivers
  • Doug Kalitta, Kalitta Motorsports
  • Shawn Langdon, Kalitta Motorsports
  • Brittany Force, John Force Racing
  • Austin Prock, John Force Racing
  • Leah Pruett, Tony Stewart Racing
  • Tony Schumacher, JCM Racing
  • Justin Ashley, Maynard Ashley Racing
  • Antron Brown, AB Motorsports
  • Josh Hart, Josh Hart Racing
  • Steve Torrence, Torrence Racing
  • Billy Torrence, Torrence Racing
  • Clay Millican, Rick Ware Racing
  • Mike Salinas, Scrappers Racing
2024 PRO Superstar Shootout Funny Car Drivers
  • J.R. Todd, Kalitta Motorsports
  • John Force, John Force Racing
  • Robert Hight, John Force Racing
  • Matt Hagan, Tony Stewart Racing
  • Tim Wilkerson, Maynard Wilkerson Racing
  • Bob Tasca III, Tasca Racing
  • Alexis DeJoria, DC Motorsports
  • Paul Lee, Paul Lee Racing
  • Ron Capps, Ron Capps Motorsports
  • Blake Alexander, Head Racing
  • Cruz Pedregon, Cruz Pedregon Racing
  • Chad Green, Chad Green Motorsports
  • Dave Richards, Paul Richards Racing
Curious how and who decided on who got invited. Is it possibly other teams could be added?

Curious how and who decided on who got invited. Is it possibly other teams could be added?
All the touring teams were invited. If there is a team that wants to be part of it, all they have to do is reach out to Drag Illustrated and they will get an “invite”. There just isn’t much incentive for the little guy to even attempt to qualify. With only 8 car fields, there are going to be touring cars that will DNQ. The conditions could be better than any national event with a better prepped track as well. It doesn’t make much financial sense for a lower funded independent to travel all the way to Florida and have to run his car on kill and wear out his equipment to still not qualify. I’m guessing it will take 3.60’s to make the Top Fuel field and maybe 3.80’s to make the funny car field. We very well could see a 340 MPH pass too.

I would guess we could see some additional entries from touring teams. Could we see Del Worsham in a second Dejoria car? Jack Beckman in a second Capps car? Jasmine Salinas making her debut in TF? Is there a rule preventing JR Todd from driving a third TF car from Kalitta racing? We already see Dave Connolly in a KB Titan car.

Tickets went on sale a few days ago.

guess you’ll have to be there to see if
fc/tf matchups will happen. ….. i think they will. just a guess. weather permitting, hope to be there.

not sure if this has been brought up, but with so much money on the line who is is gonna police/tech these cars. This is not an NHRA sanctioned event so i'm guessing The NHRA Tech Department will not be involved. If this has been addressed already then my apologies

not sure if this has been brought up, but with so much money on the line who is is gonna police/tech these cars. This is not an NHRA sanctioned event so i'm guessing The NHRA Tech Department will not be involved. If this has been addressed already then my apologies
Here is a list of Tech officials from the web page
Bob Blackwell
Don Coluca
Rock Carzoli
Todd Paton
Rich Schreck

i believe from what i had been reading, i think originally the STK and SS invitational 30 car fields would bracket race only; meaning if two cars
from the same class met in eliminations, that their class (B/SA for example) would mean nothing, and all runs would be
strickly bracket racing (no heads-up runs).........now the website for the race does talk about tech officials on-site, running under 2024 nhra rules,
so it does look like STK and SS will be running as usual, with potential heads-up runs in eliminations ......... it this correct??

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back