COULD ONE NHRA RULE CHANGE IN 2024? (1 Viewer)

I would like to see a rule that tosses from the event anyone or team for tampering with a safety system. Also change enforcement of a first offense of a technical rule (like...say.... magneto parts) to a public warning letter for the first offense.

With too many short fields, if someone has the money to driver in multiple pro classes, let them.
For the few times that it would be an issue, they can adjust to make it work. The idea of someone trying to double in a pro class, is worth waiting 4 minutes while they race back up to the starting line to race again

Who wrote that article? I don’t see a byline.
I’m not sure why the rule is there in the first place. But, if a driver wants that added headache, let ‘em.
Just do it safely.

Anybody remember Del Worsham racing in both TF and FC at the same events?

Alan
was that when he would have been driving for r. primm, and they probably had the family old cutlass FC at same race? did not remember that, but when you mentioned it,
i do barely remember that happening

Who wrote that article? I don’t see a byline.
I’m not sure why the rule is there in the first place. But, if a driver wants that added headache, let ‘em.
Just do it safely.

If I recall is what a concern about timing and slowing down the show. Lets say you make the finals of both Nitro classes. You race in one, then the show stops while you race your scooter back to the start line to jump in the next ride. Also making sure you don't rush getting safety equipment on. Now the draw of trying to pulls a double in pro classes would likely allow TV and track announcers to play it up.

But if the delays happen earlier in rounds such as back to back pairings or even close. If you are the last pairing of one class and the first pair or two of the next class. Would that hold up the show too much or too often.

I think it's worth a try to see. Like I said in an earlier post, if it gets rid of short fields then try it

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back