Changes to Pro Mod (1 Viewer)

From what I understand this mean different locations and potentially more races. I’m for both but more races when only hurt the series car count.

With NHRA taking over, they will no longer have to pay to play so to speak. They were from my understanding paying money to race which created the prize money for the winners and runner up. Also being treated as a pro class they won’t have a quota limit so maybe at some of the races we could see 30 plus cars trying to qualify. This is possibly another nail in the coffin for the pro stock class. I would think NHRA will now promote Pro Mod as the third class (which I don’t disagree with) but that will only hurt PS. With the rumor a few weeks ago that they may not start Pro stock until Gainesville I wonder if either Pomona or Phoenix will get Pro Mod.

How about Studebakers? Early 50's Hudsons? AMC Hornet from mid 70's would make a slick P/M. Wish the Lowmad would come back. Don't care what engine they run, but more variety would be nice. P/M looks to be going the same way P/S did, all the same body style. Maybe a VW Bug with a 110" wheelbase.....

And you guys complain because the sport is dying. Do things like limit certain cars to 1969 and older is exactly how you do it. Pretty soon, the nhra will be filled with nothing but 80 yr olds if they were to take most of you guys suggestions. Get with the present and stop living in the past already.

With NHRA taking over, they will no longer have to pay to play so to speak. They were from my understanding paying money to race which created the prize money for the winners and runner up. Also being treated as a pro class they won’t have a quota limit so maybe at some of the races we could see 30 plus cars trying to qualify. This is possibly another nail in the coffin for the pro stock class. I would think NHRA will now promote Pro Mod as the third class (which I don’t disagree with) but that will only hurt PS. With the rumor a few weeks ago that they may not start Pro stock until Gainesville I wonder if either Pomona or Phoenix will get Pro Mod.

While that might be the beginning of the final nail for Pro Stock, it could also be the beginning of the first nail for Pro Mod. If this is happening, they're giving up control over the season length, which the owners have been pretty vocal about up to this point. I'm wondering what has changed.

Careful whatcha wish for........

Sean D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back