2023 Schedule Shakeup and Rt. 66 Update (1 Viewer)

Bradenton, Orlando, South Georgia, it's not like that area has a shortage of quarter-mile tracks that could handle nitro cars even with PBIR out of the picture. They'll be fine

If they test in Phoenix & Vegas now, why not Pomona, Phoenix, Vegas...then come to Gainesville and stay east of the Mississippi until the western swing?

If they test in Phoenix & Vegas now, why not Pomona, Phoenix, Vegas...then come to Gainesville and stay east of the Mississippi until the western swing?
I’m guessing they really want to keep Gainesville in its current date. As a spectator at both Phoenix and Las Vegas, at least being a little later in the schedule the weather should be a little warmer.

Bradenton, Orlando, South Georgia, it's not like that area has a shortage of quarter-mile tracks that could handle nitro cars even with PBIR out of the picture. They'll be fine
I like that idea. I really missed the Doorslammer Nationals this year.

I’m guessing they really want to keep Gainesville in its current date. As a spectator at both Phoenix and Las Vegas, at least being a little later in the schedule the weather should be a little warmer.
I always thought the Gainesville date was to attract more spectators from Bike Week in Daytona.

It makes sense to start in Gainesville and then head out west. It just didn’t make sense to go Phoenix-Gainesville-Vegas.

What's the weather like in Gainesville in February? Does it ever get too cold that time of year to race?

Maybe with a schedule shift like this, we'll have a Western Swing 1 and a Western Swing 2. Or perhaps a Southwestern Swing then later the Northwestern Swing.

It'll change again unfortunately in '24, as Phoenix goes away. Which like many, I'm really bummed about...

Any confirmation yet if Tulsa is going to be on the '23 national event schedule?

The biggest problem is if they ran Pomona, Phoenix and Vegas back to back to back is that the Vegas race would be either directly in conflict with the NASCAR race or sandwiched a week before or after. If that wasn't the case it probably would already be scheduled that way.

The only way it could feasibily work is if you started the Winternationals the first week in February then ran Vegas and then Phoenix although you run the risk of adverse weather for one if not multiple events.

What's the weather like in Gainesville in February? Does it ever get too cold that time of year to race?

Maybe with a schedule shift like this, we'll have a Western Swing 1 and a Western Swing 2. Or perhaps a Southwestern Swing then later the Northwestern Swing.
It doesn’t matter what the weather is in Gianesville in February. The Gainesville race would still be mid March like it is now. NHRA would just have a longer offseason.

Not sure if you've ever heard of it, but central Florida holds this little get together called the Daytona 500 in February and it's always warm enough to race

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back