National Guard Coming to the NHRA (1 Viewer)

Obviously would be awesome if they come to NHRA...but in the post Mike made he said to Antron Brown? Im pretty sure hes got Matco for the full pull this yr, so maybe an associate sponsor?? Will be very interesting to see what direction they head within the NHRA (if this rumor is true), thats for sure.

Obviously would be awesome if they come to NHRA...but in the post Mike made he said to Antron Brown? Im pretty sure hes got Matco for the full pull this yr, so maybe an associate sponsor?? Will be very interesting to see what direction they head within the NHRA (if this rumor is true), thats for sure.

I recall Matco pulled back their sponsorship dollars last year and that was one of the reasons why the team was sold and Mike Ashley made up the budget difference. If Matco didn't increase their deal this year, maybe this is just plugging the difference.

I recall Matco pulled back their sponsorship dollars last year and that was one of the reasons why the team was sold and Mike Ashley made up the budget difference. If Matco didn't increase their deal this year, maybe this is just plugging the difference.

Yeah I remember hearing that as well. Antron I remember ran the directv primary for a race or two, and then had another company on the side of his car in vegas 2 was it??

The National Guard is part of What? Where do the round out troops come from in an emergency deployment ?

Be All That You Can Be

d'kid

it's also part of the Air Force.....

"Here we go under the wild blue yonder..."

And the Marine Corps may still be coming in the NHRA as a sponsor...

Does this mean the "exclusivity" of the army deal is over? or is this different?

The U.S. Army's exclusivity doesn't preclude the U.S. Navy, U.S. Marine Corps, U.S. Air Force or even the U.S. Coast Guard from sponsoring a Nitro Team. The issue, as I understand it, is that the U.S. Army has exclusivity for all the recruiting based programs that are being run at the National events. Look at all the "things to do" that are Army centric - all to promote the Army to young Americans.

It's kinda like Monster and Rock Star Energy drinks. They were allowed to sponsor cars, and did, but because the "official" title, or exclusivity belonged to a competitor, they had to confine the active "selling" of their product to the wrap on the car & trailer and from behind the ropes at their respective pit area. How long did that last?

In today's economy and with the ongoing Global War on Terror, it just doesn't make good financial sense for a military organization to dump a whole lot of money into something they can only do half way.

Just my two cents...

The National Guard picking up recruiting activicty and taking a higher profile makes sense at this time. As the Iraq conflict winds down, allot of reservist or guardsmen may not re-up (reelinlist). Many get tired of the long overseas deployments and want to be with their families. Addtionally, many active duty will not reenlist when they come state side, or their units could infact be deactivated, and those soldiers can be discharged at the discretion of the U.S. Army. These are both historical trends that happen post conflict.
The above activities can cause depletion in both force levels especially in the reserve components. It thus would be natural for the reserves, i.e. The National Guard to pick up recruiting and skill set retention activites post conflict. This is accomplished with increased reserve component target marketing by the reserve components to those that are not reenlisting, or are being discharged from active duty. This is very helpful in retaining critical/special skill soldiers in the reserves.
The U.S. Army and the Army National Guard are like kiss'n cousin's, so it would be average and reasonable that they would allow the National Guard to conduct full recruiting activity at national events. This could be done by simply waiving the exclusivity portion of the U.S. Army's Contract. In fact they could do this for all the other services if they so desired.

;):)
Former U.S. Army, Army Reserve, and Army Nationial Guard

Last edited:
Well bump this topic up it is not dead film at eleven

well, when the announcement actually comes out, then it'll be news at 11.....

Oh and for those who are wondering, the National Guard will still have an association with the ADRL, just no the title sponsorship in 2010....BUT, they have good news coming soon...not to derail the thread...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back