Who's driving Schumacher's Funny Cars next year? (1 Viewer)

lmhb oyf

Nitro Member
According to the various internet rumor sites looks like Schumacher may have to fill all three seats next year. Any bets on how many become reality?

Rumor #1 - Scelzi & Alan Johnson to do the Toyota thing

Rumor #2 - Capps with 2 offers to drive Top Fuel

Rumor #3 - Bazemore out to Powers

Rumor #4 - Beckman driving one flopper next year.

NOTE: This is the 2nd time this season that a mention has been made of Scelzi and Johnson leaving DSR at the end of the year.

Drew I'm not familiar with these "rumor" sites you mentioned. Is the rumor about Capps that he would go solo or keeping Capps/McCulloch together? What teams have been linked as a possible destination?

What's the rumor about Toyota? Two cars (Kalitta and Scelzi) or just one?

Don't mean to highjack the thread. :eek:

While on the DSR subject .. any thoughts on how many PS cars he will have (if any) and who will be driving... Supposedly EE is still with him but her father bought the PS operation.. ? so her dad owns it but she drives for DS ? Please forgive me I'm getting on in years.... :(

I know Ron has been asked about top fuel many times. I've heard him refer to that in interviews.....he's never said who, though (wisely).

This is what I would do... It would never work out this way, but sounds fun. ;)

FC Teams-
#1. FC Capps/Ace, keep them together, they have a good thing going. Pay them what it takes to stay, espically with the other two leaving.

#2. Move Melanie to FC. Can you imagine the coverage every time she would line up with TJ or Ashley Force???!!!:eek:

#3 FC. If Alan Johnson goes, and takes Scelzi (big IF)put Tony Shoe in the 3rd Funny car. I heard he wants to drive one some day, well thay day can be Vegas Testing 2007.

TF teams-
#1 1. Jack Beckman MTS
#2. Steve Torrence... He's hooked up with Evan Knoll already, all you have to do is change some drivers decals around, and you are good to go.

So, Here is my line up.

Ron Capps BRUT Charger FC
Melanie Troxel Valvoline Charger FC
Tony Schumacher US Army Charger FC

Jack Beckman MTS/TBA dragster
Steve Torrence Skull Shine dragster.

My perfect scenario would be Jim Jannard teaming up with Alan Johnson to start up their own team. They could easily field some of the most competitive fuel cars in the business and they could easily become my favorites!

I don't think we will see the Scelzi/Johnson deal happen this year... JMHO

"...internet hogwash."
-Alan Johnson recently on the subject of him leaving DSR and fielding his own Toyota

I Love Silly Season!

According to the various internet rumor sites looks like Schumacher may have to fill all three seats next year. Any bets on how many become reality?

Rumor #1 - Scelzi & Alan Johnson to do the Toyota thing

Rumor #2 - Capps with 2 offers to drive Top Fuel

Rumor #3 - Bazemore out to Powers

Rumor #4 - Beckman driving one flopper next year.

NOTE: This is the 2nd time this season that a mention has been made of Scelzi and Johnson leaving DSR at the end of the year.

I haven't seen these rumours, but here's my take on the plausibility of them...

1. I'd say about 70% - as mentioned, there's been lots of talk of Scelzi going back to TF

2. Probably 40% - if Capps can win the championship then I'd put it up to 60%.

3. I'll take 80% on this one - Powers did say it'd be a high-profile driver and has been quick to quash the Baze rumours. You know how it goes, if they deny it, it's almost as good as a "yes".

4. Hmm... 70%

Drew I'm not familiar with these "rumor" sites you mentioned. Is the rumor about Capps that he would go solo or keeping Capps/McCulloch together? What teams have been linked as a possible destination?

What's the rumor about Toyota? Two cars (Kalitta and Scelzi) or just one?

Don't mean to highjack the thread. :eek:

No worries. I'll try to dig all of them out when I get home. Most if not all have been from the "always reliable" :rolleyes: Agent 1320 and the others from CompPlus.

As for the rumours:

Direct from Scelzi---No way!

Direct from AJ---No way!

Look for Beckman to join Scelzi and Capps at DSR next year---Jack is testing in a DSR flopper this weekend at IRP.

Roo Man

So to state, and repeat the obvious question... where will Whit end up? A lot of folks on the two boards I frequent seem to think he is NOT going to the David Powers camp.

I want to say that Whit will be in a Fuel Coupe next year & probably with DSR but my wanting him to remain in the F/C class has my judgement so clouded that all I can do is hope & wait.:( ............."HIP"

I don't mean to hijack this thread.. but if you look at all the threads in NHRA this thread has <FILES> right next to it.. the only other thing I see on any thread is <STICKY> and I know what that is & there are 2 "Sticky" at the top ..i just don't know what <FILES> means...

OK back to our feature subject :)

I don't mean to hijack this thread.. but if you look at all the threads in NHRA this thread has <FILES> right next to it.. the only other thing I see on any thread is <STICKY> and I know what that is & there are 2 "Sticky" at the top ..i just don't know what <FILES> means...

OK back to our feature subject :)

John,

I think the “files” next to the thread title has something to do with the attachment that is posted in post #10. If you click the word “Files” it will show the file itself.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back