Pomona attendance (1 Viewer)

You gonna let 'em take your picture, Eugene? Pink's puts pictures of celebrities and famous people up on their wall. You'll be right next to Clint Eastwood, David Hasselhoff, Kim Kardashian, Shania Twain, and Gary Scelzi.
I was looking at some of those pics yesterday. lol

I was there yesterday (Sat) and while the crowd in the pits seemed light, the crowd in the stands when the fuel cars ran seemed pretty decent - about normal compared to recent years. Other posters are correct in that the "demographics" of the entire region have drastically changed and advertising (I heard a few ads on 95.5 FM last weekend) is minimal at best. Also, I noted that the prices are up again for the first time in a few years to $66.00 General admission for Saturday without any discounts applied (not to mention the Fairplex $15.00 parking charge). Doubt we'll ever see a Saturday or Sunday sellout at Pomona again but I think the crowds are holding steady.

Actually looked better today than yesterday from TV, in the early part of the day. All I can say is, wish i had been there!!

That's because everyone was at the beer stand directly in front of our trailer. It looked like everyone was having a a great time. I think tomorrow will be a lot more crowded so they had better order some more beer. You had better worry more about tuning up your slot cars because Cory Lee and I are coming to kick your azzz on Wed or Fri night.:) :D

Always happy to see you at BPR Eugene. Are you know a professional slot racer?

It always looks light compared to the 90s crowds. I was there yesterday and today and the place was well over half full. Pomona holds a lot.

Good God! While the west grandstands (which many may not know are partially General Admission and are the best seats in the house) were sparse the east side was completely full on Sunday.

Good God! While the west grandstands (which many may not know are partially General Admission and are the best seats in the house) were sparse the east side was completely full on Sunday.

Ehhhh, I wouldn't go that far, Rich. I was on the West side Sunday and could see the East side stands all day. Far from full. That's a big grandstand! The fence always draws people, but it was maybe 2-deep. Still, I'd say it was a decent crowd.

I was there Saturday and the crowd was decent, perhaps only slightly lighter than previous years. I've never understood why there's not an NHRA advertising blitz when the Big Show comes to town though. I have friends who like to go but don't really follow the sport and don't know when the race is unless I tell them. I would bet there's a significant number of those people who just need to see or hear an ad on TV or radio.

Here in Houston, you can tell a big difference when they really promote the race and when they do not......

I saw commercials for the race numerous times on tv. I think it was KTLA if my memory is correct.

That's interesting Eugene, I'm in San Diego and not a peep..... but I don't watch much local TV so maybe my perception is skewed.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back