Light Attendance, it looked Like ? (1 Viewer)

I used to like too....there's not much better than a good top end charge...doesn't happen much anymore :(

but ya, the Saturday forecast looked pretty grim, fortunately it didn't turn out too bad, but I'm sure that didn't help the attendance numbers...Pomona (AKA a giant parking lot) is a pretty unpleasant place on a cold wet day

327mph ain't a "good top end charge?????":confused::eek:

REX

I had a great time!!!!
Just happy to be back enjoying the cars since the end of the 2010 race season.
I'll be at the March Meet next, won free tickets at Pomona.:D

What he said....:D

A top end charge doesn't have anything to do with numbers on the scoreboard :rolleyes:...it's about one car charging past the other at the top end of the track, something that just doesn't happen much with 25% of the track gone

if that doesn't bother you, fine, but don't presume to tell me it shouldn't bother me :mad:

Are we back to this crap again?

This circus now plays in the little ring- so a top end charge from 750' to 1000' stripe is the best were gonna get under this big top...

Are we back to this crap again?

This circus now plays in the little ring- so a top end charge from 750' to 1000' stripe is the best were gonna get under this big top...

Martin, and 12 round championship fights used to be 15.

The world still turns.

Some people hold on to their resentments until pigs learn how to fly......

They don't realize it's like taking poison and expecting the other person to die.

We can both be grateful that we realize that such sentiments are trivial, and understand what is important.:eek:

Rex

It looked like the last section of stands on the pit side had a huge tarp covering it on Sunday. Push all the folks into less space so it looks better on TV?
How dumb do they think we are?

Rich, where the tarp covered stands are located is just past the 1,000 ft mark. It's been that way since 1,000 ft racing started at Pomona.

anyone seen the tv numbers?.. thast what i would like to know... those numbers are key to looking for sponsorships for teams.... anyone got an idea on them?

Maybe not the best analogy......nobody watches boxing any more.

??????:confused:

More people watch it than NHRA. AND pay.

Ever seen a special on HBO prime time about a drag racer???

When Mayweather fights Pacquiao get back to me on this......:rolleyes::cool:;)

REX

Last edited:
??????:confused:

More people watch it than NHRA. AND pay.

Ever seen a special on HBO prime time about a drag racer???

When Mayweather fights Pacquiao get back to me on this......:rolleyes::cool:;)

REX

I find it hard to believe more people pay PPV to watch big time fights than people people watch NHRA on cable.

Floyd Mayweather will never fight Pacquiao because he knows that he can't win. (passed on a $5 million payday already once)

HBO is the only place to find "big time" fights without paying for PPV. Of course they will do prime specials for it.

Once upon a time nearly everybody knew who the heavyweight champ was. Few know or care who it is (or they are) today.

Bleacher Report = commercial.

We stopped buying PPV a long time ago after some of the Tyson disasters. We got to the point back then where my softball team would all meet at one house and each chip in a little to make sure it was worth it.

MMA and the like have overshadowed boxing now for quite a while I'm sorry to say.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back