Dallas attendance (1 Viewer)

Dragracer

Nitro Member
I know it was hot in Dallas this past weekend but the attendance looked pretty bad. Heat and humidity is nothing new to Dallas. I think the recession has taken its toll and NHRA needs to do something if it plans on bringing people back to the races - how about lowering ticket prices or letting active military in free for all race days including sunday. They could get a lot of free publicity if they let the active military in free.
The next race I will attend is the Finals at Pomona and the weather is usually not a problem. It will be interesting what the attendance there is like. In the past they usually sell out on sunday.

Really? To me it seemed to actually be better than usual far more people on the cheap side but that maybe people that would typically be on the other side saving money to sit on the cheap side which is exactly what I did. $28 for Sunday sounded like a deal to me. The crowd did thin as the afternoon went on.

Ask the NHRA. Not like it's the almost 70 dollar PER PERSON sunday ticket or anything!

Oh, I don't know. My initial reaction when I watched was the attendance looked pretty good, really. At least at the opening rounds. the heat might have forced some to give it up and find some AC.

In person it looked and felt like a big crowd. Saturday before it got hot, the stands were pretty full on both sides with lots of people at the fence (including me). Sunday seemed like a bigger crowd than were in the stands but it was hot after first round. Seats were definitely empty when it got later and hotter........

The next race I will attend is the Finals at Pomona and the weather is usually not a problem. It will be interesting what the attendance there is like. In the past they usually sell out on sunday.
We must have two different opinions of what a sell out is at Pomona. Sunday attendance the past four or five years has been pitiful.

Really? To me it seemed to actually be better than usual far more people on the cheap side but that maybe people that would typically be on the other side saving money to sit on the cheap side which is exactly what I did. $28 for Sunday sounded like a deal to me. The crowd did thin as the afternoon went on.

Prior to around 1995-96 the entire East side stands at the Motorplex was all General admission, and the tickets were about $10-15 cheaper than the Pit side.

Let's remember since the Motorplex was built, NHRA has added about 6-8 races! Big difference...

Face it folks, our sport is not very spectator friendly. First they put a cement wall right next to the cars, then they line that wall with a couple dozen photogs. With todays coverage, you can see more on TV.

It cost me $150 for reserved seating for Fri-Sun. Face price on the Friday ticket was $40, which in my opinion is too high.

If you are going all three days, they should have a "deal" for $100.

IMO, pricing should be as follows for reserved seating (pit access).

Fri - $25
Sat - $40
Sun - $50

GA

Fri - $20
Sat - $30
Sun - $40

To steal a phrase and apply some creative license..... The empty seat doesn't buy a $9 burrito, $9 beer, $5 soda or a $35 t shirt!

The real secret is knowing whether the lower prices would attract more people...... I'm such a tragic I would pay $200 for the three days....

Prior to around 1995-96 the entire East side stands at the Motorplex was all General admission, and the tickets were about $10-15 cheaper than the Pit side.

Let's remember since the Motorplex was built, NHRA has added about 6-8 races! Big difference...
It's NEVER been this hot at the fall race in Ennis. Most of the years, the fall weather is coming in and it's awesome to do things outdoors. This summer has been brutal in Texas, we're at close to 90 days over 100 degrees here in Austin.

I found a way to beat the Heat ! Champions Club ! LOL
About the only way I can Hack it anymore !
It was hot last year too !
It's funny when you are racing the heat doesn't seem to bother you so much !

It cost me $150 for reserved seating for Fri-Sun. Face price on the Friday ticket was $40, which in my opinion is too high.

If you are going all three days, they should have a "deal" for $100.

To steal a phrase and apply some creative license..... The empty seat doesn't buy a $9 burrito, $9 beer, $5 soda or a $35 t shirt!

The real secret is knowing whether the lower prices would attract more people...... I'm such a tragic I would pay $200 for the three days....

I'm paying $145 for my 4 days of reserved seating in Vegas2.
I agree with ya, John, except no burrito for me ;)

I'm still debating on upgrading to Club Nitro..I enjoy the shade, food and drinks.

On TV it looked like a pretty good crowd. I don't know of many events, not just drag racing, that are setting attendance records these days.But, given the times, and the crazy heat, it looked like a good turnout. Having said that, the NHRA sure could do a lot more to make tickets more affordale.

It's NEVER been this hot at the fall race in Ennis. Most of the years, the fall weather is coming in and it's awesome to do things outdoors. This summer has been brutal in Texas, we're at close to 90 days over 100 degrees here in Austin.

I thought it was a mistake moving this race from Oct. when the Texas/OU game was in town. The Place with Full of those fans on both Fri. and Sun!

We went Sunday and in our section, there were more people than last year. There also appeared to be more people standing at the fence on the pit side past the last seats where we were. I guess those are people that bought a pit pass, but not a reserved seat. The heat was brutal and the only complaint I have about the Motorplex was that in addition to the food and drink prices, you could not get a cup of ice with a bottled water. They said the Motorplex counts the cups they use and charge them based on that. A cup of ice to go with a $4.00 bottle of water would be an additional $5.00. The cool fans they had under the stands and in the food area were great, but it's hard to understand the $5.00 cup of ice when they also would sell you a 7 lb bag of ice for $5.00. They need to find a way to solve this, especially if the heat is going to be like that again.

I attended every NHRA race at Firebird since the first national event up until a few years ago. It got so expensive and they took away the alcohol cars. This year a local rock station has a reserve section with the seperate tents and bathrooms for $98 for 2 tickets. Friday, Saturday or Sunday. So I got 2 for Saturday.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back