Glen Cromwell please read this (1 Viewer)

sammi

Nitro Member
It should be painfully obvious that attendance is WAY DOW at every venue. The $60 Sunday ticket model (plus parking, plus no food brought in) is not working. Your fans have voted and NHRA is not a premium attraction. The scarier thing is with the tiny attendance, fewer new fans are seeing the sport.

PLEASE take one event and try $10 for adults, $5 for under 18 and free parking. Also, run eliminations on Saturday night(header flames). You have to invest in the future. Maybe sell off a track or two and use that revenue to bring in more fans.

You HAVE to do something different. Little tweaks to the program have failed.

I'am sure the brains at NHRA Headquarters have thought of this idea to increase attendance:
Have a price for the stands and the midway. Make it reasonable and make it so under 12 are free. This is for the stands and midway only, no pits.
Have an additional charge for the pits. There is a danger being in the pits and NHRA has always said that their insurance costs are high because of the pits being open to everyone. I remember Lions, Orange County, Irwindale, San Fernando. To go into the pits you had to buy a pit pass.
What a unique idea but I'am sure that the bright people in Glendora have already thought of this one already - NOT!

I don't know. I believe the "every ticket is a pit pass" pitch is important, and the whole deal needs to just be less expensive.

NHRA is just going to have to man up and face the facts that, while the product is outstanding, the public has to be reintroduced to the sport. The empty seats on TV portray a sport that just isn't cool or exciting. Also, you really have to get the sport away from the perception that it is only a play ground for wealthy older men.

I have to wonder what DSR and JFR think when they roll to the line and see the place half empty. How do you justify that to sponsors?

So, what is the worst that could happen if you drastically reduce ticket prices and get huge crowds at the event? The non-profit NHRA takes a financial loss on the event, but puts a smile on the sponsors and TV producer's face? Is that really so bad? Pack the house at five or six events in a row and maybe new sponsors want to get involved. Sponsored racers don't have to shuffle around and look at their shoes when the corporation asks "how was the crowd?"

Come clean, acknowledge to everyone that you made mistakes marketing the sport, fix it, get people back to the track and get on with it.

So, what is the worst that could happen if you drastically reduce ticket prices and get huge crowds at the event? The non-profit NHRA takes a financial loss on the event, but puts a smile on the sponsors and TV producer's face? Is that really so bad? Pack the house at five or six events in a row and maybe new sponsors want to get involved. Sponsored racers don't have to shuffle around and look at their shoes when the corporation asks "how was the crowd?"

Reduce the purse size for all the classes, reduce the size of the field to 8 cars, Have a bought in show of 6 cars for the pro ranks, no purse just show up money (like the IHRA does)

You asked what's the worse that could happen.

The worst that could happen is a very real scenario...what if the crowds don't increase as expected with these lower prices? Then what?

No where to go after that...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back