INDY, 2016 (1 Viewer)

Try to take a stroll thru the campground west of track. Cross at gate 4? I think. It's not the Zoo at Brainerd, but always fun. Seeing the Top Fool Alcohol Crew is always good too.

We camp there every year. They have a band on Friday and Saturday night Plenty of ice on site. Showers. We get a spot that has electric. I recommend it, though it is quite a walk from the campsite to the Pro Pits side of the track.

Like others I agree it is a special place and a special race. I saw a lot of history there in the 20 times I attended between 1973 and 1995 before moving west. Indy is one of those races where anybody who is somebody - or wants to become somebody - races. Definitely go for at least three if not more days - there is a lot to see. Anywhere is a great place to watch from, and the pits are huge but oh so worth walking through it all. Always had a great time..... I don't sound jealous do I? :)

I'm getting pumped too. I'll drive up from Alabama Friday morning hopefully early enough to get to the DSR open house. It's just hit me this week that it's this close. Had a lot of things going on with my daily driver getting totaled to a possibility of my job running out of work but it's Indy. Time to put the world on hold for a few days and enjoy some drag racing at its finest.
....and also I looked at the weather forecast and it's sunny in the low 80's all weekend. Looks like this year I'm not bringing the Alabama weather with me woohoo!

Last edited:
Be there Thursday working for Dakin going to need some low 70's to be competitive......new front half on the car we are trying to keep up lol

We're heading down the first of the week. Will be there through the finals.

As we get closer, we can arrange some meet-ups. It'll be great to put some voices and faces together with the names I've been seeing all these years on the Mater.

We always have mater meetings at Indy. I need to look at the schedule and figure out when to have them this year.

Have to tell about this place. Can't believe I just found out about it, a buddy took me the other day. About 15-20 min from track. One huge breakfast for a great deal of a price. For like $8.99, if you leave hungry it's your own fault! I ordered a "side" of bacon in addition to my Manns Breakfast & it was a whole plate of bacon! Off the hook good and you might be able to skip lunch! Great little dive like place. If Bob Evans is your favorite place, Manns might not be for you....lol.
Here's a link from google search but I believe they're on Facebook too.

https://www.google.com/search?clien...Nr_mgj9_OAhXFeCYKHXXGBOEQvS4IJDAA#fpstate=lie

while it doesn't surprise me that the new top elim. club pavillion is on nhra.com today saying 'finishing touches' a couple days
before it's first customers are due......this building and everything it will offer may be the deciding factor in heading down
to catch this race again within the next few years......really looks nice.

Hey,
Trying to remember, do they let you bring in food like sandwiches and bottled water? It seemed like you could but I may be getting confused with another venue.

Hey,
Trying to remember, do they let you bring in food like sandwiches and bottled water? It seemed like you could but I may be getting confused with another venue.
I normally bring a powerade and either sandwhich or snack type food in my backpack. They've checked and never had an issue with it.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back