MAPLE GROVE INFO..... (1 Viewer)

Bob, thanks much for the map, and the Hershey's Fall Meet info, but it's just a quick trip with my granddaughter to the race &
Memorial. Never been to Maple Grove, so it will be a check off my bucket list as another National Event.

Corey, thanks for the "toll calculater" that should be a big help as to having garmin skip the toll rds. or go ahead and use them.

I don't know if all PA toll plazas arre the same but, the first one heading east from Ohio. If you have Ezee pass you stay in the left two lanes and slow to 55mph and you're through. Unlike Ohio that is dam near as bad as stopping to pay the toll keeper.

I have only been to Maple Grove once (2012). Dress Warm. Be prepared to lose at least 1 session to rain, maybe even a whole day. 2 lane road in and out, be prepared for traffic. I stayed in a hotel in downtown Reading (old and dumpy town) and it was at least 30 minutes each way with no traffic. The facility is nothing special, they had people hustling for tips at the porta potties, I have never seen that before or since. Not a very compact pit area, the pros are packed in nicely and it's easy to see most of them, but if you are going to the sportsman pits it is a long walk and will likely be in grass and mud. They have Yuengling on draft! The area surrounding the track is gorgeous, and the fall leaves should be in full change. Go early, stay late, bring a good jacket and you should be fine.

With all of that said, the only real reason to go to Maple Grove is because the track is FLAT OUT FAST. When I was there in 2012, Top Fuel was throwing out low 3.70s like they were nothing, Funny Car was in the 3.90s and Pro Stock in the high 6.40s ... all of them with BIG MPH (over 330 in top fuel!) It was A LOT of fun as a spectator to sit there and watch the performance show they put on. Cruz Pedregon ran like a 4.02 or .03 and in his top end interview said he was disappointed in that run, that they left a lot on the table LOL. I would absolutely go back even though Reading is dumpy and the track is no where near as nice as Vegas or Norwalk.

Chris, there is an older couple in their 60's that run an NHRA souvenior trailer at all Natl. events that I met 3 years ago. And they told me that when the weather is good in Maple grove that track gets over run with People! He even said that only Gainesville comes close, I have been to Gainesville 7 times, I know what he is talkin about!

I really dig the feel of Maple Grove. It's carved out of the woods and as mentioned, it's neat seeing Amish buggies on the road as you're heading to the track to watch 300mph fire breathers. Wild contrast.

I have been to Seattle 5 times, and have been told those tracks are very similar with all the Trees!

Yeah, check out this weeks issue of ND. There is a picture of last year's event. It was packed all weekend. The weather is supposed to be great so I expect large crowds again.

Yeah, check out this weeks issue of ND. There is a picture of last year's event. It was packed all weekend. The weather is supposed to be great so I expect large crowds again.
Don't jinx the weather! :p Still a week out, the forecast will change a lot between now and then.

Updated weather forecast:

Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 74.
  • Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 56.
  • Friday A chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 72. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
  • Friday Night A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 55. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
  • Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 67.
  • Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 46.
  • Sunday Sunny, with a high near 63

Don't like that Friday forecast, still plenty of time for that to change for the better. It should really fast, last year on Friday it was in the low 80's and Force set the speed record and ran a 3.98.

Here's the latest forecast from NOAA.
  • Friday A chance of showers after 2pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 72. Calm wind becoming southeast 5 to 7 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
  • Friday Night Showers likely, mainly after 2am. Cloudy, with a low around 58. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
  • Saturday Showers likely, mainly before 8am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 68. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
  • Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 41.
  • Sunday Sunny, with a high near 59.
  • Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 42.

for Sunday I'll guess a low ET of 3.94 for FC and 3.67 for TF....for extra credit I'll say John Force and Doug Kallitta do it
I don't know if it'll happen during night qualifying because I think the dew will limit the traction....but Sunday, sunny with a track temp of maybe 85-90 degrees ....wow!

Pro Stock is anybody's guess...... if they stick and stay on their wheels, maybe 6.46

i just went for the Latin American Sport Compacts. I stayed at the Days Inn in Wyomissing which is where i would stay for every time i go to MG from here on out.

the view point at Top End is really good. The track is actually lower than the grounds so you can kinda look down as opposed to it being eye level from the ground.

for Sunday I'll guess a low ET of 3.94 for FC and 3.67 for TF....for extra credit I'll say John Force and Doug Kallitta do it
I don't know if it'll happen during night qualifying because I think the dew will limit the traction....but Sunday, sunny with a track temp of maybe 85-90 degrees ....wow!

Pro Stock is anybody's guess...... if they stick and stay on their wheels, maybe 6.46

I guarantee you RP's records are NOT going to last this weekend (3.95 FC Quickest Run & 6.46/215). I say 6.43 for Pro Stock, even quicker than El Humilde Sport Compact.

Speaking of sport compacts I better Hope El Jerry Racing this weekend at ETown for the Sport Compact Fallnationals shatters the sport compact world record of 6.123/238 held by Rod Harvey from Australia.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back