MAPLE GROVE INFO..... (1 Viewer)

I don't know if it'll happen during night qualifying because I think the dew will limit the traction....but Sunday, sunny with a track temp of maybe 85-90 degrees ....wow!

The 2nd shot for today is more like a late afternoon shot instead of night time with nitro scheduled to start at 5pm. Should be enough time to get it in before the dew sets in. With Sundays forecast it will be interesting to see crew chiefs straddle the line between a round win or record bonus points.

This couldn't have happened at a worse time...:(

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...ng-major-fire-at-flight-93-national-memorial/

flight93fire.jpg

Conditions were OUTSTANDING Fri. Lots of cloud cover, cool air temps. Only problem was a gusty head wind that would come & go.
I really thought we may get the first 200MPH bike run, but not today. Maybe Sun. as It's supposed to be even cooler temps.
We may have seen the quickest side by side TF 3.74 -3.76. (Kalitta-Brittney). I'm not a stats expert, so I'm not sure. Only one 3.9 FC, I expected more
with the great conditions. They may have just been playing it safe & not go for it with the forcast for Sat. being so poor.
Good chance of one or even both Q's being lost.

Sun lookin very good, no "R" in the forcast for Sun at all.

Last edited:
Have no fear, it's Maple Grove, they race in-between rain drops. Looks like the majority of rain is already through the area. Just stray showers and the weather guys in Philly say it should be sunny by early afternoon. I am heading out there shortly, pack a jacket, the temps will be falling into the low 60's as the afternoon progresses.

BTW, I forgot to add that I have NEVER seen stands that full on a Friday anywhere. Also a solid line at the fence, on both sides to the 1/8th.
And near the starting line, from the fence to the grandstands. Had to be a record crowd, and we got our money's worth.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back