Where to stay in Las Vegas??? (1 Viewer)

I usually stay in downtown, only because it is close to the track and the easy entrance to the freeway is a block away. Sure, the hotels on Fremont are old and unattractive but you can book a room 4-5 days prior to the race. The better hotels closer to the track are usually full months in advance. Hope this helps.

Dude!! I hope you only want the room so that you can shower before an after being at the track!

Vegas doesn't sleep mate, TEAR IT UP! :D

Paul your sounding more and More Yankee these days! Tony you can find plenty of deals in Vegas, just stay away from the strip and you'll find several in the $50-60 range.

Thanks for the responses!

It looks like the wife will be going with me, so I'll need one with a spa.

The new Alliante Station is the closest to the track. It is about 8 miles on 215 west, you can see the track from 215 and Alliante. I know there was some negative feedback from the Div. 7 banquet, however it had just opened. BK

Bob, the D7 banquet probably wont go back next year.

If you stay downtown be sure and try the Steak House at the top of Binions. If you're a poker player like my wife the 2am tournament at Binions is also very good.

I stayed at the Plaza and it suited me fine

I stayed at the Plaza once and I thought it was a dump. There were dents in the middle of the bed from god knows what, paint falling off the wall, etc. I heard the Nugget is good, i've heard mixed revieds about the 4 Queens. I do love downtown though. On the strip i've stayed at Imperal Palace, Harrahs and the Famingo. for the price I liked Imperial Palace. The wait staff wasn't too bad to look at either. :D Off the strip I've stayed at... I think it was a Courtyard, it is accross from the convention center; great beds, no dents!!!

Last edited:
From that list, downtown I'd recommend the Four Queens.

I stayed at the 4 Queens for the recent CES show and was very pleased with the price, accomodations, and access.

I would definitely stay there again! Lots of action, food, etc. All within a short walk. The strip is just minutes away, if you need the "Big Action":D

Take North Las Vegas Blvd. to past the I-15 "Spaghetti Bowl" to avoid the traffic or all the way to the track.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back