Houston Area Advice (1 Viewer)

Paul

Staff member
Nitro Member
I accepted a new job with my company yesterday that has me moving to Houston in the next couple of months. Any advice on where to live? The office is on the west side of Houston and is off of I-10. Two places I have heard that are popular choice to raise a family is Katy and The Woodlands. Any advice is appreciated. Now wish me luck on selling my house, thank god my company will reimburse me for the amount of money I have lost on the house since I bought it 6 years ago because this is going to be a bloodbath. :D

I have no advice on Houston, but just wanted to say "congratulations" on the new gig and there are some very very cool 'maters in Houston.
:D

Send a PM to Kelly Holmes, she'll point you in the right direction.

The Woodlands is a nice area. A little further north is the Lake Conroe area that's nice too.

Alan

find the preferred golf courses and usually you've also found
the preferred nieghborhoods

If your working close to Katy you had better think about living close and the woodlands ain't. Katy is a pretty good area.

Looks close on the map...LOL. Everything looks close on the map. Woodlands to Katy at rush hour is about 3 sammichs and a 6 pack of Dr Pepper.

And in Texas we have this thing called traffic. Think Cali I-5 rush hour only 4-6 lanes of 70-0-80-0-60-sit-75-...

I know 'Juuston' pretty well. PM if you need more.

Thanks for the input, I think I am going with the Katy area. The office is located in the energy corridor, so I think that is my best bet.

Katy is great but if you would rather a rural lifestyle check out Sealy it's not far down I 10 W .
Used to have a nice Dragstrip there not sure if it's still operating !

Others are Houston Motorsports Park and another track in Angleton south down 36 from Sealy .
Then of course the big Track in Bay Town .
Plenty of racin in H town !

Neighborhood yeah but traffic / schools would be a high priority !
I think Justin lives in Clear Lake or Dickinson !

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back