(Hulk) Hogan Family faced with Lawsuit (1 Viewer)

We are in agreement 100% on what you said.. however if you do some research on some of Edwards cases the amount of $$ paid out (he gets 1/3 app) is astronomical if you consider each case individually..

In the Hulk Hogan case, where the victim will need care 24/7 I agree the family SHOULD get enough to cover costs, and for the loss of a son.. (I know 1st hand, I lost my 22 yr old son in a MV accident) That was in 1996.. and my life has never been the same...

Yes my wife and myself did receive a sum of $$ but even if it were 50 Million.. its a no brainer...nothing can bring you child back..

(I'm a retired Police Sgt.) and spent 6 months at Northwestern University studying accident reconstruction...

And to be honest, I may sound callus but I feel better that my son did not live through his accident if he was going to be on a "machine" breathing & feeding him for 2-3-4 years .. that is not living that is existing.. My son was full of life, and we raced almost every weekend at Englisgtown, I now sponsor "Best Winning Reaction Time" in the first round in our Corvette Challenge series.. in his name..

However it still wont bring him back..

But back to the original topic.. think about it if you lost a child what difference would it make in your life if you were paid 1 million or 100 million, :(

Thank God I have good medical insurance because the $$ we received wouldn't have paid for the medical bills I've incurred helping my wife (STILL) to get over it!!

I am so sorry to hear about your son. No amount of money will EVER bring anyone back. But just like you said, Thank God you had good insurance. It can totally wipe you out. The medical liens can wreek havoc on a young persons future before they even started! Sometimes the liens can be negotiated down, but other times, they will not budge.

I don't really see the reason why you bring up Senator John Edwards. Don't you realize there are plenty of Republican lawyers that are Politicians as well? Oh well, just had to point that out!:p

Last edited:
Everyone is just looking for someone to pay. Why be accountable for your actions or lack of when you can point your finger at someone else and have your lawyer take over. I am not a fan of how people conduct themselves in this country. They just want to be the victim, even though they were in control and could have made a better decision. Welcome to the land of no accountability, and it is going to get worse and worse.

Tony

Everyone is allowed to have their own opinions about lawyers. I'll personally agree with William Shakespeare. Here's my assessment of a typical lawyer's office.
LawyersOffice.jpg

Your mileage may vary. Void where related.

Last edited:
First thing they taught us in business law (and yes the professor was an attorney) was go for the deepest pockets. If the Hogans had no deep pockets, they probably would not have been named at all. Nobody wins in this one--except the lawyers!!!!!!:mad:

Sorry Bobby! that is usually the opinion of someone on the wrong side of the table! I couldn't resist!!!:D
You're dead right Suzie! There are two sides of the table and it often depends upon how long you have been in business for yourself and how much $$$ you have to spend to defended yourself unnecessarily, I suppose.

I'll give you one quick example that I am still battling after three years:
A licensed broker purchases 2000 acres from my client through me as seller's agent. Closing time comes and he can't assemble enough money to close escrow. He flips out mentally and fires his entire office staff. He has an emotional breakdown (due to other problems in his life) and nearly all the folks around his life are aware of his instability. After several agreed upon extensions, the sellers finally cancel the transaction and sell to party "B". Fast forward 6 years. Our market explodes in 2004-2005 and the property is now worth many millions more than he could have purchased it for. I get served with a law suit for millions by this clown and although this is beyond frivolous with dozens of first-hand witnesses and documentation galore to verify the validity of the cancellation and his inability to close, it still persists to the tune of $10K+ per month in legal fees with no end in sight. I've been assured by my counsel that I have nothing to worry about whatsoever yet the billing rolls in like clockwork. This is only one example of many I could express, most of which totally embarrass the entire profession for their self perpetuation. If you want more examples, I'll gladly provide a plethora. Better have a Kleenex box handy, though.

I understand where you are coming from, but I deal with Personal Injury law. I know that contract law is a pain in the butt and NO ONE will do that on a contingency basis like we do. Hang in there.

I have learned from sad experience that anyone can sue anyone for absolutely anything as there is always some attorney willing to take a new case. Please note, I didn't say any attorney will take any case. I clearly said there is always one willing to enter the legal battlefield despite the propensity to win. The saddest news is that the exorbitant expenses in defending one's self from such frivolous suits are seldom, if ever, recoverable despite the suit being totally dismissed as nonsense. Personally, I'd rather invest my money where I choose than supporting the self perpetuating legal profession where the funds are gone forever. The worst of it all is that many are financially ruined by legal expenses-even when it's just to defend themselves against claims that are much later proved fruitless. Who's there for them? Sure, there are exceptions but I believe, more often than not, the picture posted above proves rather explanatory.

I believe all suits for monetary damages should be a contest where the prevailing party wins exactly the amount named in the suit from the losing party. I personally would be far more financially secure under such a plan and I can assure you my least favorite professionals would take far more caution prior to filing suits at will. By the way, I've never lost a legal battle. I've paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to prove myself not responsible however. How fair is that?

It really should be mandated that you recover attorney fees if you win..yea..that'll happen.:)

I know that the lawyer that I work for is not a "pocket liner"! There are actually some people out there who care about your rights. Let me ask you this...........Would you work for free?

I know there are some bad lawyers out there. hopefully you won't need one in the future, but if you do, I bet you will change your tune.

I have and I still stand by my feelings. Are there good ones out there? Of coarse but they are out numbered by the greedy ones. I don't and never expect anyone to work for free, slavery ended a long time ago.
I have never lost a case that I used one what I was referring to is how all these avenues the lawyers use and have to pretty much sue anybody for anything. There is no more accountability anymore and it's ruining this country.

Here is one for you a kid who didn't know how to ride a bike very well lost control and was moving at a high rate of speed downhill on a cross street and I was coming up the street west bound at the proper speed limit and he broadsided me. His parents tried to sue me when their son failed to yield was speeding and not wearing a helmet. He had a concussion and a severely broken leg and they tried to sue me for negligence can you believe the balls of these A$$holes?
Needles to say they lost big time and had to pay all my lawyers fees court cost.
I in turn sued them and won just to teach them a lesson! I started a trust fun for their kid with the money because I don't need it I just wanted to teach them a lesson...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back