Richard Hogan Relieved of His Duties (1 Viewer)

Those that are not Sportsman racers will never know what things like that mean to those of us that are, will they Jenn?

It always tickle me to death to see Forrest standing in the water box giving me a big grin and thumbs up. Or to have he and Charlotte stop by to say hello... or chat with the competitors in the staging lanes.

I can't remember any of the previous sponsors' CEO/family doing that. Yeah, those Lucas folks are real terrible people!?!? :rolleyes:;)

I don't think they do Greg. If it wasn't for the Lucas family and their sponsorship of mulitple cars, the entire series might not be there. It could have come down to excluding sportsman racers from nationals and pushing them only to the 'divisional' level. While most people roll their eyes at us grass roots racers trying to get our shot at glory at the national level and think we shouldn't be there, the Lucas family stepped up and the sportsman fields are just as fierce as ever.

"Beating a Dead Horse"
or thinking it is not really over

1. Buying a stronger whip.
2. Changing riders.
3. Say things like, "This is the way we have always ridden this horse."
4. Appointing a committee to study the horse.
5. Arranging to visit other sites to see how they ride dead horses.
6. Increasing the standards to ride dead horses.
7. Appointing a tiger team to revive the dead horse.
8. Creating a training session to increase our riding ability.
9. Comparing the state of dead horses in todays environment.
10. Change the requirements declaring that "This horse is not dead."
11. Hire contractors to ride the dead horse.
12. Harnessing several dead horses together for increased speed.
13. Declaring that "No horse is too dead to beat."
14. Providing additional funding to increase the horse's performance.
15. Do a Cost Analysis study to see if contractors can ride it cheaper.
16. Purchase a product to make dead horses run faster.
17. Declare the horse is "better, faster and cheaper" dead.
18. Form a quality circle to find uses for dead horses.
19. Revisit the performance requirements for horses.
20. Say this horse was procured with cost as an independent variable.
21. Promote the dead horse to a supervisory position.

Barry, I disagree with you on one thing. I think its wonderful that they post here, and hope they continue to do so. What I find truly sad is people, difference of opinion or not, can be truly rude and lack respect for any human so much as to resort to slinging mud and saying things like that. There is a better manner to voice a difference of opinion than to call people names and insult them personally.

Very well put.

I love the silliness of this place as much as anybody, and I am certainly not advocating that we all become butt kissing automotons when we post here, but being so crass to call the Lucas family a-holes is WAYYYYYY out of line. There is a right way and a wrong way to express a dissenting opinion.

"Beating a Dead Horse"
or thinking it is not really over

1. Buying a stronger whip.
2. Changing riders.
3. Say things like, "This is the way we have always ridden this horse."
4. Appointing a committee to study the horse.
5. Arranging to visit other sites to see how they ride dead horses.
6. Increasing the standards to ride dead horses.
7. Appointing a tiger team to revive the dead horse.
8. Creating a training session to increase our riding ability.
9. Comparing the state of dead horses in todays environment.
10. Change the requirements declaring that "This horse is not dead."
11. Hire contractors to ride the dead horse.
12. Harnessing several dead horses together for increased speed.
13. Declaring that "No horse is too dead to beat."
14. Providing additional funding to increase the horse's performance.
15. Do a Cost Analysis study to see if contractors can ride it cheaper.
16. Purchase a product to make dead horses run faster.
17. Declare the horse is "better, faster and cheaper" dead.
18. Form a quality circle to find uses for dead horses.
19. Revisit the performance requirements for horses.
20. Say this horse was procured with cost as an independent variable.
21. Promote the dead horse to a supervisory position.

Now that's funny :D

Let the broken parts and tire smoke begin, don't think this was the right call at all.

I think this needs to come to an end. I have never met Forrest, but i have spent some time with Charlotte and Morgan. The bond within the Lucas sportsman teams is just amazing. Two very talented drivers and sponsors who love the sport - as Shoe said, this ain't easy. Let's chill and wait for good racing this weekend!

Let the broken parts and tire smoke begin, don't think this was the right call at all.
Samuel,
You never seem to stop amazing me. How can anyone of your "anything inserted here" possibly qualify to make such a cutting, rude, crass and unkind statement regarding the Lucas' choice to elect John Stewart to tune their cars. Please name me a team that doesn't have both tire smoke and broken parts. I've only been watching for 50+ years but I haven't seen that team yet.
Can't you even muster some kind words of encouragement? Where will you be when they start winning national events? New screen name? Your mother would be ashamed of what you posted here tonight-especially after all the discussion about giving this team a chance to progress through change. It is still their OWN money.

Well, Good luck to Team Lucas! John Stewart is a good tuner, and it'll be good to have the same tune up on both cars. I think that's the best way to get good run data actually! I say good call! Good Luck Guys!

Oh and Morgan...I'm practicing my Poker game so I won't go all in with TRIP '8's vs. your Trip 10's again!!! Vegas in October....it's payback time!:cool: Good luck Homie!

Timmah!

Not only during this crew chief change, and also the last change, the Lucas family has taken the high road. Good luck this year. Good things come to good people. Thank you for all you have done for drag racing.

Last edited:
Barry, I disagree with you on one thing. I think its wonderful that they post here, and hope they continue to do so. What I find truly sad is people, difference of opinion or not, can be truly rude and lack respect for any human so much as to resort to slinging mud and saying things like that. There is a better manner to voice a difference of opinion than to call people names and insult them personally.

Erica-- I too like when drivers and owners post here. What I was pointing out to them was that it is not in their best interest to comment on, and to, the people who make unfounded and rude remarks. In other words as they say "don't dignify that rumor with a reply" because in doing that you elevate the nonsense to a higher level.

Come on Sam, how in the hell do you know this? Do you know it doesn't matter what you "think" is the right call since you do not own the team. I know this is a message board and everyone has a right to express their opinion, but to put a team down before you even see how it pans out is ridiculous. Why don't you offer some words of encouragement to the team? I think you should stick to making movies on Youtube:eek:.

On a positive note, good luck to the entire Morgan Lucas Racing team this weekend in Houston. I am sure you guys will get it figured out!

I deleted my post. Proof that you shouldn't post when you're dead tired. :eek:

I only said that because last time Morgan was tuned by Stewie, he blew up a ton of motors. Hopefully, it'll be different this time and they'll go some rounds.

Last edited:
Why are you in desperate need of a press release? Is this life or death to you? It will come out when the Lucas team feels like it needs to come out.

Just responding to what Morgan Lucas posted on this board. Not life or death to me as much as it seems to you. Let some blood back into your head.

Now could we forget the past ,and look to the future, , Where will Richard end up? ?
Your guesses or wishes ? ? ?

Kallita , he could travel with Grubby.

Maybe the Monster could use some extra hands on board.

Shoe's place always has room for another seat at the table.

How about if Evan Knoll would hire him for JR's car .:)

Now could we forget the past ,and look to the future, , Where will Richard end up? ?
Your guesses or wishes ? ? ?

How about if Evan Knoll would hire him for JR's car .:)

Now that would be something to see... Have Richard Hogan head over to the other side of the Ropes at Morgan Lucas Racing. Not sure if ya remember this, but I believe JR'S car is under the Lucas racing "UMBRELLA". So, it might be a bit strange to see that one. But, I'd get a good laugh from that one! I say Hogan to JFR to set up potential TOP FUEL DRAGSTER for next year?????

I will always root for the guys from Ennis, Mont. Family roots are the Madison Valley. Spent alot of the summer of 68 keeping the cemetery mowed and trimmed myself. Dad shipped me off to the family ranch just south of town to get me away from all those 'racers' I was hanging around with at home.

Oh, 120plus posts and all I can say is, MLR did what they felt best. Ain't my dang business.;)

d'kid

I will just join the bandwagon and say the Lucas' are great people and are all class acts and do great things for this sport.And don't for a moment think that they don't care about the entire racing community, not just the NHRA.They are the title sponsor for MANY things! Weather one agrees with what someone does with their business is right or wrong to say anything bad or negative about a group of people is crazy. I will just say I have learned a great deal about things in the recent years that have changed how I view things as a whole. I see a lot of comments that I might have made in the past purely based on where I was in life and I now understand where they came from.And it wasn't a good place.
Crazy thread and I wish the Lucas' great success!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back