Richard Hogan Relieved of His Duties (2 Viewers)

It's obvious to me by reading this thread that there are less than a handful of people posting who actually know the Lucas family. If the contrary were true there wouldn't be the rush to label them in the negative terms that many have done. Personally knowing the Lucas family as I do and understanding all they have done for our sport, I find in nearly impossible to comprehend some of the derogatory comments I've read here.

Members of a team do not have to like each other. But they do have to work effectively with each other towards the goals established by the team manager/owner.

If the goal of the Morgan Lucas Racing team was to field two cars that share data and work together for the betterment of one or both cars, then any team member who was unwilling to work within those parameters is no longer a member of the team... even if still employed by the "team". I don't know of any multi-car team that operates in a manner where crew members from both/all the cars are not on the same "team".

It sounds to me as if there was simply a disagreement between Morgan Lucas Racing and Richard Hogan as to what his duties as one of the team crew chiefs included. And since they could not agree it was left to Morgan as the team manager to either continue to work with Richard despite the disagreement or to release him of his duties... the latter being the tougher and more noble thing to do.

Richard's concern for the rest of the crewmembers, while admirable, is irrelevant as they are employees of Morgan Lucas Racing. If they do not wish to continue their employment with Morgan and his team, they have the option to quit and seek employment elsewhere.

I don't know the Lucas family only that I personally thanked Forrest Lucas at a race for all he and sponsors like him do for this sport! As for the Lucas car, I can only say that the pressure on Crewchiefs in the Pro ranks has to be enormous! Million's of $$$ on the line and they want results, who wouldn't? Anyone remember how long Ray Alley lasted in the Bernstein camp last year?:rolleyes:

It's obvious to me by reading this thread that there are less than a handful of people posting who actually know the Lucas family. If the contrary were true there wouldn't be the rush to label them in the negative terms that many have done. Personally knowing the Lucas family as I do and understanding all they have done for our sport, I find in nearly impossible to comprehend some of the derogatory comments I've read here.

Members of a team do not have to like each other. But they do have to work effectively with each other towards the goals established by the team manager/owner.

If the goal of the Morgan Lucas Racing team was to field two cars that share data and work together for the betterment of one or both cars, then any team member who was unwilling to work within those parameters is no longer a member of the team... even if still employed by the "team". I don't know of any multi-car team that operates in a manner where crew members from both/all the cars are not on the same "team".

It sounds to me as if there was simply a disagreement between Morgan Lucas Racing and Richard Hogan as to what his duties as one of the team crew chiefs included. And since they could not agree it was left to Morgan as the team manager to either continue to work with Richard despite the disagreement or to release him of his duties... the latter being the tougher and more noble thing to do.

Richard's concern for the rest of the crewmembers, while admirable, is irrelevant as they are employees of Morgan Lucas Racing. If they do not wish to continue their employment with Morgan and his team, they have the option to quit and seek employment elsewhere.

good point, well said

Thankfully the world does not revolve around internet posts made on
nitrologo.gif

I only started to realize this just a short while ago.

Morgan said it best on the LUCAS OIL DRAG RACING SERIES show last week. TAD racing is a lot more fun.

And if I hear Christopher L Williams say "I have worked for many years as a manager and executive of one of the largest companies in the country" or "I have worked closely with senior executives of several Fortune 500 companies" I may have to ask Jim Jannard to go buy those companies just so I can have a look at the books.

Cheers,

Randy Goodwin

CEO, Goodwin Appraisal Service
Home of the largest Residential Real Estate Appraisal firm located in the 2008 Orange County Thomas Guide on page 738-C3. No other appraisal firm on page 738-C3 is larger.

Owner, Randy Goodwin Racing. Owner of the fastest TA/FC based in beautiful Orange, CA. :D

And if I hear Christopher L Williams say "I have worked for many years as a manager and executive of one of the largest companies in the country" or "I have worked closely with senior executives of several Fortune 500 companies" I may have to ask Jim Jannard to go buy those companies just so I can have a look at the books.

Go for it. You only need $271.48B as of close of business today (MSFT: Summary for MICROSOFT CP - Yahoo! Finance)

. . . And if I hear Christopher L Williams say "I have worked for many years as a manager and executive of one of the largest companies in the country" or "I have worked closely with senior executives of several Fortune 500 companies" I may have to ask Jim Jannard to go buy those companies just so I can have a look at the books.

Now that, right there, is funny. I don't care who you are, that's funny stuff!

Thank you very much for your kind words regarding both my husband and my son. I appreciate the fact that you understand the meaning of the word "team".

Thank you very much for your kind words regarding both my husband and my son. I appreciate the fact that you understand the meaning of the word "team".
Welcome aboard Charlotte!
I'm sorry it had to be under these circumstances but it's a pleasure to have you come on despite the few detractors. Please don't believe for one second that the general populous believes their rhetoric for even a passing minute. We've heard it all before. Best of luck with all of your family's racing ventures.

I'm sorry it had to be under these circumstances but it's a pleasure to have you come on despite the few detractors. Please don't believe for one second that the general populous believes their rhetoric for even a passing minute. We've heard it all before. Best of luck with all of your family's racing ventures.

Bobby,
Thank you very much! I've been following this thread for the past few days - couldn't quite believe everything I've read!! We'll see everyone in Houston this weekend.......

There you go again Doc. Sucking up to somebody, hoping they'll toss a few pennies your way. :D

Bobby,
Thank you very much! I've been following this thread for the past few days - couldn't quite believe everything I've read!! We'll see everyone in Houston this weekend.......

Charlotte, good luck the rest of the season. And like Bobby M said "Don't let a few detractors on a message board speak for the entire racing family!";)

Thank you for showing up here Charlotte . But with all due respect the word team does not always mean my way or the highway . I know none of us here know a thing about the real meaning behind everything going on as usuall .

All this stuff does take time , I believe more time than is being granted . Please dont let your team fall into the flavor of the month club with crew chief changes . I would like to know who is more qualified for this job than all the guys that have gone down the road . I would like to know how unified your team feels every time another shoe drops and the latest mentor has to pack up . Crew cheif changes are like management changes and it does disrupt the employees still employed by your team . It always has an affect on moral . Breaking eggs is a learning curve . Two steps back is just that , and I dont believe in the middle of battle with all the other teams who are picking up the small pieces to improve their broken egg techniques are in a worse situation than you guys are . I actually think you guys are putting that much more pressure on yourself and the poor crew chief that is going to step up next . Especially after you have to start over every time .

I believe you guys are running out of a small pool of the elite tuners to hire . Then after that who will be willing ?

I know I am an idiot for thinking such heresy . So I think this is the last ditch effort before you have to basically buy the championship by buying out the other teams . Other wise you will never see it . I think it is such a shame because this sport takes boo koo money . Something I think is at your teams disposal . Patience is going to have to come into the picture sooner or later though .

What would I do ? Lets see . I would give Don Schumacher all the money you guys are currently spending to manage your car . Go to his stable and make sure Alan Johnson is well compensated to tune both cars . Did they fire Alan when he was in a slump ? NO they did not , as Tony said they would be crazy to do so . Their slump was longer than the last 2 crew chiefs were employed by your team , but guess what they did .

THEY WON THE CHAMPIONSHIP , BECAUSE PATIENCE PREVAILED .

Do you suppose Alan shares everything with Cory Macs team ?? Come on now lets get real . I am sorry Bobby believes you guys are so great because you responded personally . I think you responded because your son is so pissed right now he cant see straight . The reason why 2 people agree with you on this board and the rest are dumbfounded and confused is because its the reality of your plight that has been almost a saga of foolishness .

Good luck in Houston ........

. . . I am sorry Bobby believes you guys are so great because you responded personally .
I believe they are great? Could you point me to that quote please?

No, the fact is I welcomed Charlotte with remarks of kindness and encouragement and assured her that not all feel as if they were so very wrong to make the decision on how they will spend their own hard-earned money as they build the team they own and operate. I thought that to be appropriate, didn't you?

Whoops, I forgot, you welcomed the Lucas' with a humiliating kick-in-the-crotch accompanied with YOUR suggestions on how they should spend THEIR money. How kind of you? Isn't there usually a fee associated with such valued consultation?

Mr. Lees, with all due respect, someone will always be willing to step up and tune the Lucas's car because that's what tuners do. You know it is going to be a well funded car, you know you are going to run the whole tour, you are not going to want for crew or parts and there is the challenge of being able to succeed where others have not.

If running one of these teams was easy, everyone would be doing it. If there was the perception that a change needed to be made within the team, then the change needed to be made. I am sure the Lucas's are not gonna just cast off a respected crew chief without having some type of contingency plan. The important thing to remember is that there is still time to save this season. Remember, in 2001 Bernstein fired Beard after 3 or 4 races, hired Tim and Kim and went on to win the Championship. Now I am not saying Morgan is going to win the Championship, but there is no reason to believe they can't make the countdown. I know it is easy to kick them when they are down but mayhaps we should just thank them for their participation in this sport and hope they find what they are looking for. NO ONE are bigger proponents and supporters of drag racing than the Lucas family. One last comment, Forrest Lucas is a very intelligent man, if he thinks Morgan can run the team, then who are we to question?

I am glad the Lucas's came on here to respond ... and no I am not kissing a$$ either. I only hope they stick around and post more often, though not many folks on this board have exactly been welcoming of their input.

I believe they are great? Could you point me to that quote please?

No, the fact is I welcomed Charlotte with remarks of kindness and encouragement and assured her that not all feel as if they were so very wrong to make the decision on how they will spend their own hard-earned money as they build the team they own and operate. I thought that to be appropriate, didn't you?

Whoops, I forgot, you welcomed the Lucas' with a humiliating kick-in-the-crotch accompanied with YOUR suggestions on how they should spend THEIR money. How kind of you? Isn't there usually a fee associated with such valued consultation?

pal189brownnose.jpg

Thank you for showing up here Charlotte . But with all due respect the word team does not always mean my way or the highway . I know none of us here know a thing about the real meaning behind everything going on as usuall .

All this stuff does take time , I believe more time than is being granted . Please dont let your team fall into the flavor of the month club with crew chief changes . I would like to know who is more qualified for this job than all the guys that have gone down the road . I would like to know how unified your team feels every time another shoe drops and the latest mentor has to pack up . Crew cheif changes are like management changes and it does disrupt the employees still employed by your team . It always has an affect on moral . Breaking eggs is a learning curve . Two steps back is just that , and I dont believe in the middle of battle with all the other teams who are picking up the small pieces to improve their broken egg techniques are in a worse situation than you guys are . I actually think you guys are putting that much more pressure on yourself and the poor crew chief that is going to step up next . Especially after you have to start over every time .

I believe you guys are running out of a small pool of the elite tuners to hire . Then after that who will be willing ?

I know I am an idiot for thinking such heresy . So I think this is the last ditch effort before you have to basically buy the championship by buying out the other teams . Other wise you will never see it . I think it is such a shame because this sport takes boo koo money . Something I think is at your teams disposal . Patience is going to have to come into the picture sooner or later though .

What would I do ? Lets see . I would give Don Schumacher all the money you guys are currently spending to manage your car . Go to his stable and make sure Alan Johnson is well compensated to tune both cars . Did they fire Alan when he was in a slump ? NO they did not , as Tony said they would be crazy to do so . Their slump was longer than the last 2 crew chiefs were employed by your team , but guess what they did .

THEY WON THE CHAMPIONSHIP , BECAUSE PATIENCE PREVAILED .

Do you suppose Alan shares everything with Cory Macs team ?? Come on now lets get real . I am sorry Bobby believes you guys are so great because you responded personally . I think you responded because your son is so pissed right now he cant see straight . The reason why 2 people agree with you on this board and the rest are dumbfounded and confused is because its the reality of your plight that has been almost a saga of foolishness .

Good luck in Houston ........

Cory, do you have any idea what AJ or Coil make? It would stun you, I don't hear you going after them for buying up the sport! You going to accuse them of trying to buy off another team? This has always been a crewchief sport and will always be.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back