Richard Hogan Relieved of His Duties (1 Viewer)

Before you crucify Morgan and his family, remember there are two sides to every story.

I agree. According to his own words, Hogan was reluctant to help the TEAM car. Does Coil complain that he is worried about helping with Hight's car. Crappy performance plus unwillingness to work with others generally equals unemployment. I am not saying it is all Hogan's fault, but this is probably not as one sided as some are making it.

I agree. According to his own words, Hogan was reluctant to help the TEAM car. Does Coil complain that he is worried about helping with Hight's car. Crappy performance plus unwillingness to work with others generally equals unemployment. I am not saying it is all Hogan's fault, but this is probably not as one sided as some are making it.

Hogan was reluctant to help the team car because, in his own words " I had already given all I possibly could" and “I was only hired to run one car. When you start expecting me to go beyond that – and the discussion was brought up in Phoenix – that I was hired to only run one car. I wanted to have the best running car and that didn’t set too well.”

Sounds to me like Hogan was looking out for him and his guys by trying to have the best car on the team. Back when he was winning with Mel's car and then switched over to Morgan's car, he left "Stewie" a great combination, but that car also got off track and wasn't as competitive as when Richard was there.

This is a cluster F*&^ and is a no win situation for anyone involved.:(

Richard will be picked up and right back in the mix.:)

better watch what you guys say, it would be terrible if a major sponsor got pissed and pulled all his sponsorships. :eek:

I would think it would be better to get one car running good then work that combo on the new ride, rather than trying to sort out both at once.

Oh well, I doubt he'll be out long, I'd hire him in a heartbeat but I think he wants to tune something a little faster than my daily driver:D

hey all,

I really appreciate your support on this subject.:rolleyes: It means so much to me that you care. There is two sides to every story. The competition plus article was posted before anyone here could even respond. We will have a press release out tonight. Maybe that way we can give you all something else to gripe about. This sport is complex and it comes with harsh decisions all the time. I guess I lost some peoples "respect" but one thing is for sure my father isnt an "ahole". He has done a lot for this sport. You can slam me all you want but please leave him out of it. We work at putting on a good show for you the fans of this sport. The least you can do is have a little respect.

Thanks

Morgan Lucas

My only question is, who is going to tune the car??

Who is left at this point in the game that would tune the car better then Hogan has??

Another thing-- Shoe only ran 1 TF car last year! They probably would have been looking for jobs anyway!

Last edited:
Very true Morgan there are two sides to every story. This just has people scratching their heads. Mel's car was running better last year, the crews were swapped, but the jump that was expected didn't seem to happen. Ok these things do take time. But now so early in the season another change is already being made and it seems that you'll be hard pressed to come up with someone as good as him. Now of course if there were personality or philosophy differences then I guess its understandable but still seems like a risky jump

Thanks for coming on here Morgan and responding. When I read the Comp Plus article the first thing that came to my mind was that there must be another side of this story. You don't owe anyone an explanation since this is your business. Don't let a few haters get you down! You and your family have done a ton for this sport and I, for one, really appreciate everything your family has done for the sport.

Thanks for coming on here Morgan and responding. When I read the Comp Plus article the first thing that came to my mind was that there must be another side of this story. You don't owe anyone an explanation since this is your business. Don't let a few haters get you down! You and your family have done a ton for this sport and I, for one, really appreciate everything your family has done for the sport.
Ditto to what Paul posted, and, it seems like once a negative comment is made, others add to it without thought.

Morgan, as a soon-to-be Sportsman racer myself, I truely appreciate what the Lucas family has done for the sport of drag racing, particularly the Sportsman classes. Thank you and your entire family for your devotion to this sport.

My only question is, who is going to tune the car??

Who is left at this point in the game that would tune the car better then Hogan has??

Another thing-- Shoe only ran 1 TF car last year anyway! They probably would have been looking for jobs anyway!

We havent figured that out yet. This decision was not based on how the car ran. Just a difference in personality.

hey all,

I really appreciate your support on this subject.:rolleyes: It means so much to me that you care. There is two sides to every story. The competition plus article was posted before anyone here could even respond. We will have a press release out tonight. Maybe that way we can give you all something else to gripe about. This sport is complex and it comes with harsh decisions all the time. I guess I lost some peoples "respect" but one thing is for sure my father isnt an "ahole". He has done a lot for this sport. You can slam me all you want but please leave him out of it. We work at putting on a good show for you the fans of this sport. The least you can do is have a little respect.

Thanks

Morgan Lucas

Respect is earned. You dad has earned his.

Thanks for chiming in, Morgan..even though it wasn't necessary.

The whole premise of this place is geared around speculation..in other words..people that don't know squat.

So for you to come on here and try to set things straight throws a wrench into the equation.

But I..personally..appreciate it.

And thanks for what your family does.

We havent figured that out yet. This decision was not based on how the car ran. Just a difference in personality.

Difference in personalities??? Come on! Do you think Don Shumacher and Alan Johnson havent ever had conflicting personalites? If everyones remembers how shocked they were when AJ was announced as the crew chief for the Army team after Cerny was let go. Everyone said that Shu and AJ would butt heads too badly, but it paid off...BIG TIME!!! Yes, AJ has won championships for DSR, but he is being paid accordingly and is only focusing on 1 car. Hogan was doing great with Mel's car last year and then he was "reassigned" to help save the "sinking Lucas ship".
I'm just not buying the "personality" excuse. Sounds to me like the team needs a new team manager because the one they have doesnt seem to be doing a very good job...Daddy's pissed...your gone!:p

Difference in personalities??? Come on! Do you think Don Shumacher and Alan Johnson havent ever had conflicting personalites? If everyones remembers how shocked they were when AJ was announced as the crew chief for the Army team after Cerny was let go. Everyone said that Shu and AJ would butt heads too badly, but it paid off...BIG TIME!!! Yes, AJ has won championships for DSR, but he is being paid accordingly and is only focusing on 1 car. Hogan was doing great with Mel's car last year and then he was "reassigned" to help save the "sinking Lucas ship".
I'm just not buying the "personality" excuse. Sounds to me like the team needs a new team manager because the one they have doesnt seem to be doing a very good job...Daddy's pissed...your gone!:p

T/F Formula for success - team owner provides unlimited resources - puts crew chief totally in charge and tells driver to do exactly what crew chief instructs him (or her). Very clear that a few team owners get this right and others are failing miserably.

The whole premise of this place is geared around speculation..in other words..people that don't know squat.

Not everyone who gets on here doesn't know squat! Some people have been around and have knowledge/expeience of the professional side of the sport we all love.

Not everyone who gets on here doesn't know squat! Some people have been around and have knowledge/expeience of the professional side of the sport we all love.
You're right and Morgan is the MOST qualified of all who have posted.

But that hasn't stop some from judging without having any knowledge on the subject.

hey all,

Thanks

Morgan Lucas

Morgan,

I understand where you're coming from in saying that there are two sides to every story, but in my opinion, Richard Hogan has gotten the shaft since he came over with Melanie from DSR. He swapped teams last year, didn't complain about it (that we heard), Evan came on here, backed the whole situation up, and now it seems like Hogan and the crew are in a rather precarious position. Him not having a job, and their future in limbo.

Whatever the reason why you fire someone (even if it's a difference of opinions as you say), for you to call and say, "my dad's pissed...you're gone," -- if that's true...dude, that's really lame. I hope if you ever work for someone, and they decide to make a change, they don't make it like that.

Richard Hogan is a person of integrity, and has done great things for the sport of drag racing. I believe him.

I've never had a problem with you, or anyone on your race team. But there's something stinky about this, and someone (since you are disputing what Hogan said) isn't telling the truth.

And whoever isn't (which at this point, in my opinion, since I haven't heard anything from your team, is presumably Morgan Lucas Racing) is an ahole and has lost my respect. (hence my post earlier)

If it comes out that it's Hogan, then he's an ahole, and he's lost my respect and I'm again a fan of Morgan Lucas Racing.

I can't wait to find out what the truth is.

We all try very hard to put things in neat little boxes. I'm right, your wrong. He is a dope... oops, no you were the dope. Rarely is it absolutely one or the other.

Life is pretty easy to understand and very difficult to execute. In the execution, usually both sides fall short in the others expectations. Is it the expectation or the performance that is to blame?

This board loves to rush to judgment. And with each new piece of evidence comes a radical mood swing in the pendulum. After time, the pendulum usually swings nearer towards the middle... way before any real truth emerges. And we move on to the next drama because unless there is drama, there is no real reason to come here.

The best drama is on the track. A close finish. A record gets broken. A competitor gets his 1st win after 10 years of competing. We embrace these. This is what we live for. But while waiting for these real dramas to happen, the temptation is to fill the time with manufactured drama. Or drama created from the least bit of information.

I watched this board mood-swing wildly on the announcement that Torco was pulling sponsorship. With each new piece of info, opinions radically changed, changed back, and changed back again. It seems pretty quiet now.

These are all people that are trying their hardest to do their best in this sport. Maybe there is a "story behind the story" here. But unless a smoking gun shows up, the "bench racing" pits integrity vs. integrity. Good vs. evil.

I wonder if it is ever quite that simple.

Jim

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back