Richard Hogan Relieved of His Duties (1 Viewer)

pal189brownnose.jpg
Oh no, the red X

... All this stuff does take time , I believe more time than is being granted . Please dont let your team fall into the flavor of the month club with crew chief changes . I would like to know who is more qualified for this job than all the guys that have gone down the road. ...
To answer the last part of that::

Considering that when you look at driver reaction times and find that Morgan Lucas is one of the best leavers in the class and he hasn't won a national event yet... you have to wonder where to lay the blame.

It's not the driver's fault when the car goes out and smokes the hides at 60'. Or the motor erupts in a ball of flame between the 1/8th and 1000'.

So who do you blame for issues of performance? Is it the crew cheif? Is it the crew members putting the car together? And if it's a problem with poor performance by the crew, the crew cheif is responsible for correcting that issue. Something has been lacking on the crew side of the Morgan Lucas Racing equation for that team to not have won a national event by this time.

Maybe Morgan could use some managerial skill improvement. After all, he's still a young man who has been trust into a demanding situation that most young people his age would not relish. But once a hiring decision has been made it's the responsibility of the crew chief to impart the established goals on the team and ensure his and their performance is directed towards the accomplishment of those goals.

Last edited:
To answer the last part of that::

Considering that when you look at driver reaction times and find that Morgan Lucas is one of the best leavers in the class and he hasn't won a national event yet... you have to wonder where to lay the blame.

It's not the driver's fault when the car goes out and smokes the hides at 60'. Or the motor erupts in a ball of flame between the 1/8th and 1000'.

So who do you blame for issues of performance? Is it the crew cheif? Is it the crew members putting the car together? And if it's a problem with poor performance by the crew, the crew cheif is responsible for correcting that issue. Something has been lacking on the crew side of the Morgan Lucas Racing equation for that team to not have won a national event by this time.

Maybe Morgan could use some managerial skill improvement. After all, he's still a young man who has been trust into a demanding situation that most young people his age would not relish. But once a hiring decision has been made it's the responsibility of the crew chief to impart the established goals on the team and ensure his and their performance is directed towards the accomplishment of those goals.

JMHO here...

He's young.
He's going to make a ton of mistakes, and then a lot more after that.
It's called life..
He'll learn from experience and build on it..
It may not be this year, or the next several years, but once that kid get's it together and figures out how to handle people, his shelves will be full of Wallys..

Kids are kids.
I've got 35 people working for me, and a few really bright 19-22 year old boys that I mentor in business.
Like my dad used to say, "it is what it is"
A 20+ year old has just a few natural thoughts on his mind at that age. Women, partying and generally having a good time. Blend in work for a few bucks, and that's usually it until the "light" comes on, and they think about getting serious.
To try and nail these kids down to getting 30-something serious is an unnatural fight. It takes time to get out all of the pi$$ & vinegar.
I expect Morgan is no different, except he has taken on the top job that he isn't naturally ready to do for another few years. Compound that with his position in life, and it makes that learning and maturing process even more difficult. I am sure being Forrest Lucas's son, and learning from the master has accellerated his thinking, but he is still a very young man.

I bet he appreciates all of us analyzing his life....
Morgan, you are going to be a many time over World Champ.
Be patient and learn.

Last edited:
Most all of us as business owners with employees make decisions based on the "BIG PICTURE" that others look at and just scratch their heads. But we have a different prespective on the situation than most. We have to take into account that there are other employees remaining, their families and the impact of our decisions on the business as a whole. As the owner, I get to make all of the unpopular decisions. That's just part of the job. The bottom line is we're making a decision to benefit everyone involved, even the person leaving. It's never a perfect decision, just the best for all involved at that point in time.

I don't know the Lucas family only that I personally thanked Forrest Lucas at a race for all he and sponsors like him do for this sport!

He (Lucas) thanked us for putting the manditory LODRS sticker on our cars. It's in the rules that we have to have it, so it's not like we did it out of the kindness of our hearts, but he came over and thanked us for putting them in such prominent places on our cars.

May not seem like a big deal, but it's nice to know that he was walking the pits and staging lanes and talking to the people involved with the sport they help to support.

He (Lucas) thanked us for putting the manditory LODRS sticker on our cars. It's in the rules that we have to have it, so it's not like we did it out of the kindness of our hearts, but he came over and thanked us for putting them in such prominent places on our cars.

May not seem like a big deal, but it's nice to know that he was walking the pits and staging lanes and talking to the people involved with the sport they help to support.
Those that are not Sportsman racers will never know what things like that mean to those of us that are, will they Jenn?

It always tickle me to death to see Forrest standing in the water box giving me a big grin and thumbs up. Or to have he and Charlotte stop by to say hello... or chat with the competitors in the staging lanes.

I can't remember any of the previous sponsors' CEO/family doing that. Yeah, those Lucas folks are real terrible people!?!? :rolleyes:;)

The reason why 2 people agree with you on this board and the rest are dumbfounded and confused is because its the reality of your plight that has been almost a saga of foolishness .

There are more than two people... Most like myself just don't feel the need to get involved because of comments like this... It didn't take me very long to learn to keep some opinions to myself...

CJ Curtsinger

My goodness! Y'all may have reached a record on how many people to offend in one single thread!

I had some time to kill while I was sitting here today and read this entire thread. :eek: There are actually some good points made by each side. One of the first things I noticed though, is the “Pro Lucas” posters were able to make their points in a much more respectful manner than the “Pro Hogan” group. Another thought was I wonder if Joe Amato follows any of this any more. If he does, I bet he finds himself grinning. Like someone said earlier, “If it was easy, everyone would be doing it” That goes for crewchiefing………….and Team owning! :D

Good Luck Team Lucas and thanks for all you do for our sport.

I'm a fan of Morgan and the whole team, I always hope they do well every weekend. Am I bummed that Hogan is no longer there? Yeah, but I'm sure someone will snatch him up.

Call it what you will, cheerleaders, members of the Lucas camp, fans, whatever, the fact is, the Lucas family does so much for the sport we love. I for one appreciate everything they do. I don't have a dog in this hunt, nor am I looking for sponsorship dollars, but I still appreciate and respect the Lucas family because they support this sport. I wish them nothing but the best!

Man this thread has gotten out of hand. All because so many people have an opinion on how the Lucas family is running their team. Let's keep it simple folks. Nobody is ever happy to see someone let go, but it's their team, their business. The sport needs tuners, so Hogan will have the opportunity to land somewhere if he chooses. If firing tuners is the worst thing that the Lucas family does, I don't believe it will outweigh the good they have done for the sport (and I don't have anything to gain by saying that---until I build a car :D). The only thing that we know is a fact, is that the Lucas family has made a huge, huge investment in this sport, and Morgan loves it, so they'll hopefully be in it for years. What if he was a Kart racer chasing the Indy dream? Or, NASCAR? Bottom line, everyone needs to chill, and quit trying to coach them on how to run their team. IMO.

This forum is two things -it is a fun place where devoted drag racing fans come to communicate with each other and fill in the gaps of their knowledge of whats going on in the sport we all love--BUT it also the National Enquirer of drag racing. A place where people spout off about thing they know nothing or at best very little about. Many also go way over board in their disrespect for people they have never met. Calling someone an A--hole because of an article they read. That is , as our parents used to say, immature. Having said all this I do enjoy the sillyness of the whole thing. Its like watching a gross out movie. The absurdity of it make you laugh. But on a serious note let me give some [unsolicited ] advice to Morgan And Charlotte Lucas.[who I'm sure are good, kind people who love this sport as much as anyone on here] Don't attend this circus. When you get down in this silly mud, you will get dirty. It won't do you any good to try and explain your motives to people who call you A--holes. As you might have noticed , the only thing that gets you elevated to the status of good guy on this forum is when you start winning races. [But don't win too many ,cause then they start calling yo an a--hole again] So, race the track and not the guy in the other lane. And I hope things start getting better with the next crew chief. And I hope this silly place goes on just the way it is.

This forum is two things -it is a fun place where devoted drag racing fans come to communicate with each other and fill in the gaps of their knowledge of whats going on in the sport we all love--BUT it also the National Enquirer of drag racing. A place where people spout off about thing they know nothing or at best very little about. Many also go way over board in their disrespect for people they have never met. Calling someone an A--hole because of an article they read. That is , as our parents used to say, immature. Having said all this I do enjoy the sillyness of the whole thing. Its like watching a gross out movie. The absurdity of it make you laugh. But on a serious note let me give some [unsolicited ] advice to Morgan And Charlotte Lucas.[who I'm sure are good, kind people who love this sport as much as anyone on here] Don't attend this circus. When you get down in this silly mud, you will get dirty. It won't do you any good to try and explain your motives to people who call you A--holes. As you might have noticed , the only thing that gets you elevated to the status of good guy on this forum is when you start winning races. [But don't win too many ,cause then they start calling yo an a--hole again] So, race the track and not the guy in the other lane. And I hope things start getting better with the next crew chief. And I hope this silly place goes on just the way it is.

Barry, I disagree with you on one thing. I think its wonderful that they post here, and hope they continue to do so. What I find truly sad is people, difference of opinion or not, can be truly rude and lack respect for any human so much as to resort to slinging mud and saying things like that. There is a better manner to voice a difference of opinion than to call people names and insult them personally.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back