Hulk Hogan as grand marshall of Vegas? (1 Viewer)

I thought last year's grand marshall was a great choice.If anyone remembers It was Billy Gibbons of zz top. It would have been cool to meet him,but you never see them just hanging out where anyone can come up and talk.That's why I could care less who they have this year,It's not like you are going to run Into Hulk Hogan while you are walking around the pits.

I tell you what would make an interesting picture: Get Hulk Hogan stood next to Swiss Top Fuel driver Urs Erbacher who is entered for the last coupla events. Urs is a big, big guy!

perhaps my favorite post of all time lol

Why do you guys have to pollute every thread telling everyone you do not like the countdown? We get the point! Since you can not do a damn thing about it, maybe you should apply your time and passion to something you can change. My dad told me on my first hunting trip when I was a kid to not piss into the wind for obvious reasons. I hate to break the news to you, but you are, and have been, pissing into the wind on this subject and you are starting to stink up this place with your constant complaining. The sport is moving forward and will continue evolve no matter what you say or do.

Why do you guys have to pollute every thread telling everyone you do not like the countdown? We get the point! Since you can not do a damn thing about it, maybe you should apply your time and passion to something you can change. My dad told me on my first hunting trip when I was a kid to not piss into the wind for obvious reasons. I hate to break the news to you, but you are, and have been, pissing into the wind on this subject and you are starting to stink up this place with your constant complaining. The sport is moving forward and will continue evolve no matter what you say or do.

How true. The sun will continue to rise in the East even as those with a different point of view continue to complain.

Who thought of this idea? Isn't this bad timing considering his son was street racing and crashed and his passenger is still in the hospital in a coma and near death. If the guy does survive he'll be a vegetable for the rest of his life.

NHRA News: Hulk Hogan tagged as Grand Marshal of ACDelco Las Vegas Nationals (10/12/2007)

I totally agree Brent. The guy competes in a fake sport, which is my first concern from a public relations position. It takes credibility away from the event and our sport. Secondly, he uses steriods (which are illegal) and oh ya...the street racing.

There is no up-side to this announcement at all. My mother always told me..."you are who you run with". This applies to NHRA and AC Delco...they've aligned themselves with a fake that brags about breaking the law.

Nice...

Hey, Mike Tyson did such a bang-up job at Vegas a few years back (flipped off the crowd, among other class actions), why not have a self-confessed street racer as Grand Marshall.

Nobody pays much attention to the Grand Marshall anyway, it's one of those well-thought-out things the marketing folks inflict on the paying spectators as "entertainment" and, thankfully, is usually ignored on TV.

After all, NHRA is going through a redefinition period, with an exciting new format and exciting new owners, so why not embrace street racing and increase the audience??

I really do not understand why people are making such a big deal about this. Terry (Hulk) is a legend in the wrestling world and was a role model for many kids back in the 80's and early 90's. The last time I checked he was not the one driving his son's car when it crashed, so I do not understand why everyone is so against him being the grand marshal. If you are saying you did not do anything stupid when you were 17 I am calling you out. We have all done stupid things at that age, but most of us got away with it without getting caught.

Paul - and others - Hogan bragged about his own street racing accomplishments and about getting out of extreme speeding tickets because of hs celebrity on his "reality series." That should be reason enough for him not being chosen as a Grand Marshall for an NHRA event - I cannot believe ACDelco made such an ill-advised choice.

Paul - and others - Hogan bragged about his own street racing accomplishments and about getting out of extreme speeding tickets because of hs celebrity on his "reality series." That should be reason enough for him not being chosen as a Grand Marshall for an NHRA event - I cannot believe ACDelco made such an ill-advised choice.

Larry, I have not seen where Hulk bragged about street racing. Any links would be appreciated. I have seen where Nick bragged about getting away with speeding tickets. I do not think Hulk should be punished for his kids actions even though he was under 18. I remember some of the things I did at that age and my parents had no control over my actions.

I misread Lance's post - thought he was quoting Hulk, didn't think Nick was old enough or well known enough to have a policeman let him off because he was a celebrity. Am still uneasy about having a Grand Marshall whose only known association with racing is siring a poorly-supervised teenage street racer.

Has Hogan (either one of them) made any public statements condemning street racing?

I misread Lance's post - thought he was quoting Hulk, didn't think Nick was old enough or well known enough to have a policeman let him off because he was a celebrity. Am still uneasy about having a Grand Marshall whose only known association with racing is siring a poorly-supervised teenage street racer.

Has Hogan (either one of them) made any public statements condemning street racing?

I would think most people raised their eyebrows at the announcement...not quite what you'd want from a PR standpoint. This should be a strategical choice that would further the sport and the presenting sponsor.

Maybe someone could tackle him from behind during the opening ceremonies, hit him over the head with a folding chair and then choke him with Rick Stewarts starter cord, and then spray fake blood all over those around him! Man...that's great stuff! :D

He did buy his 17 year old kid an 800 hp car and turned him loose on the streets, that should be enough right there:eek:.......................

He did buy his 17 year old kid an 800 hp car and turned him loose on the streets, that should be enough right there:eek:.......................
He did more than that, he pulled right up along side his son and challenged him to a street race. What a great example for a sport that supposedly is against street racing and whose motto was "Dedicated to Safety."

He did more than that, he pulled right up along side his son and challenged him to a street race. What a great example for a sport that supposedly is against street racing and whose motto was "Dedicated to Safety."

Where did you see this? The only time I saw him racing his son on his show was at a race track.

The whole thing is very tragic to say the least, but this ordeal is really starting to stink. Read these articles, then read into it what you may. This thing will more than likely get real ugly once the police investigation is revealed in November. Two lawyers have already dropped the case.

I just don't feel that it is in the NHRA's best interest to be aligned with this. We all know the way the media twists things, sure enough, before you know it, we're endorsing this mess. I really, really hope that he takes this opportunity to publicly condemn Street Racing.

Nick Bollea aka Nick Hogan Under Police Scrutiny For Accident - Tittle-Tattle Too™: The Post Chronicle

Nick Bollea (Nick Hogan) Car Crash: Were There Others Involved? - Tittle-Tattle Too™: The Post Chronicle

Police interview alleged Nick Hogan racer, more allegations surface - Reality TV World - News, information, episode summaries, message boards, chat and games for unscripted television programs

YouTube - Hollywood Hulk Hogan in His Old Supra

Read the features on this DVD...........11th one down...........
RacingFlix - DVD Store

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back