(Hulk) Hogan Family faced with Lawsuit (1 Viewer)

ProStockJunkie

Nitro Member
IN THE KNOW
Hogan Family Slapped With Lawsuit
March 24, 2008 @ 1:14 pm
Tags: Celebrity Courtcases, The Hogans

The family of John Graziano, the guy who was injured in Nick Hogan’s street racing crash last year, filed a lawsuit against the Hogans today.

The suit names Hulk, Linda and Nick and alleges they were negligent and directly liable for the accident.

Graziano, 23, remains in critical condition in a Florida hospital and has not regained consciousness since the August 2007 accident.

John was a passenger in 17-year-old Nick’s car when he was allegedly drag racing and lost control.

According to court papers filed in Florida, Hulk and Linda should be held legally responsible for their son’s accident.

Graziano’s court-appointed guardian Peter Musante says Nick negligently operated his Toyota Supra by racing another dude in a Dodge Viper, a car that was also owned by Hulk.

That driver has also been named as a co-defendant in the lawsuit.

Court papers says the Hogans knew their son was a speed demon and that he had a souped-up car made specifically for racing.

Even more damning is the fact that Hulk purchased alcohol for Nick and his friends the day of the accident and “knew or should have known” that Nick was driving under the influence and failed to take appropriate action.

Not sure why it took them so long to file the lawsuit.

John’s family is facing massive medical bills and he’ll require care for the rest of his life.

The Hogans need to step up and do the right thing.

Yeah, its not his fault at all that he got in a car with someone who was supposedly drinking and I'm pretty sure he knew they were going to race. And I'm sure he'd probably been drinking also. Nope, none of his fault.

Yeah, its not his fault at all that he got in a car with someone who was supposedly drinking and I'm pretty sure he knew they were going to race. And I'm sure he'd probably been drinking also. Nope, none of his fault.

Yup! That's what happens in a country where people are not made to accept responsibility for their own actions. I'm sorry the guy is in such bad shape, but that should have no bearing on the responsibility aspect of the situation.

I heard on the news last week, that some state (NY???) is making bar tenders and owners responsible if someone leaves the establishment and gets hurt, even if the person was not drinking! Say what???

There is no personal accountability left, and everything we bring on ourselves, is someone else's fault. Bull!

Everyone is just looking for someone to pay. Why be accountable for your actions or lack of when you can point your finger at someone else and have your lawyer take over. I am not a fan of how people conduct themselves in this country. They just want to be the victim, even though they were in control and could have made a better decision. Welcome to the land of no accountability, and it is going to get worse and worse.

Tony

I really hate to hear of this type stuff. I have young adult children that have burried more friends than I have, and all from auto accidents.
This is a no win situation, and money can never fix what knowledge can carry on in a young person's mind. Everyone makes mistakes, and unfortunately, some mistakes are not able to be reversed. Educate your kids and all their friends about speed and where it is 'safe' to show what you 'have'. At the local drag strip for a nominal cost. This is what Doug Herbert is trying to get across to mainstream America. No lawsuit in the world is going to save our kids. Sound judgement and adult supervision will always prevail. Certainly, no alcohol should ever be involved. This is a sad story to say the least.
JMO.

I really hate to hear of this type stuff. I have young adult children that have burried more friends than I have, and all from auto accidents.
This is a no win situation, and money can never fix what knowledge can carry on in a young person's mind. Everyone makes mistakes, and unfortunately, some mistakes are not able to be reversed. Educate your kids and all their friends about speed and where it is 'safe' to show what you 'have'. At the local drag strip for a nominal cost. This is what Doug Herbert is trying to get across to mainstream America. No lawsuit in the world is going to save our kids. Sound judgement and adult supervision will always prevail. Certainly, no alcohol should ever be involved. This is a sad story to say the least.
JMO.

I completely agree!!!!!

You can thank all these pieces of S*it lawyers for what this country is turning into!
They have their hand in every facet of our systems and lives. Most politicians are in the law field and all they care about is ways of lining their pockets....

You can thank all these pieces of S*it lawyers for what this country is turning into!
They have their hand in every facet of our systems and lives. Most politicians are in the law field and all they care about is ways of lining their pockets....

Yup... I was just wondering how much $$ The Former Democratic Presidential Candidate Former Senator John Edwards
made by suing....He would have made a great EMT chasing all those ambulances!

Everyone bit*hes about lawyers until they need one. And then they want the best and the baddest. go figure!!!

I am sure if you were mamed in a car accident that you would want someone to pay, wouldn't you?

Suzie...well said-- as in life in all depends what side of the situation you are in that dictates how you think and perform.

And with Hogan he kind of had karma handed to him as he moved to Florida, from Calif, before the State of Calif could put a lien on his properties due to millions in unpaid taxes/settlements..

Tx and Florida are the only States in our nation thet will not take the trust deed/title to someones home for debt owed to the State or an awarded settlement..

Last edited:
Everyone bit*hes about lawyers until they need one. And then they want the best and the baddest. go figure!!!

I am sure if you were maimed in a car accident that you would want someone to pay, wouldn't you?

We are in agreement 100% on what you said.. however if you do some research on some of Edwards cases the amount of $$ paid out (he gets 1/3 app) is astronomical if you consider each case individually..

In the Hulk Hogan case, where the victim will need care 24/7 I agree the family SHOULD get enough to cover costs, and for the loss of a son.. (I know 1st hand, I lost my 22 yr old son in a MV accident) That was in 1996.. and my life has never been the same...

Yes my wife and myself did receive a sum of $$ but even if it were 50 Million.. its a no brainer...nothing can bring you child back..

(I'm a retired Police Sgt.) and spent 6 months at Northwestern University studying accident reconstruction...

And to be honest, I may sound callus but I feel better that my son did not live through his accident if he was going to be on a "machine" breathing & feeding him for 2-3-4 years .. that is not living that is existing.. My son was full of life, and we raced almost every weekend at Englisgtown, I now sponsor "Best Winning Reaction Time" in the first round in our Corvette Challenge series.. in his name..

However it still wont bring him back..

But back to the original topic.. think about it if you lost a child what difference would it make in your life if you were paid 1 million or 100 million, :(

Thank God I have good medical insurance because the $$ we received wouldn't have paid for the medical bills I've incurred helping my wife (STILL) to get over it!!

I am sure if you were mamed in a car accident that you would want someone to pay, wouldn't you?

That's because the system is set up that way, they have to make sure they could line their pockets!
Jackee is right about accountability.
Lawyers are covered on both sides of the lawsuite tree so what's your point? :p

Suzie,

There's a difference between needing a pit bull for a lawyer and wanting one.

Filing a suit against another person for injuries resulting from your own actions is a want situation. The young man injured in the Nick Hogan accident was not an innocent victim. He was a willing participant and equally negligent.

Unfortunately, in our society everyone wants to blame someone beside the injured in situations like this.

Greg....WHAT? This guy was riding shotgun and you are saying his actions caused this?

Association by friendship does not mean that you are exempt by their actions of an injury/death occurs.

You are saying that if you jumped in my 8 second street car for a romp and I hit a pole and you could never work/talk/eat/etc you would pay your hospital/mortgage/etc bills and be fine w/ that? I think not-

Greg....WHAT? This guy was riding shotgun and you are saying his actions caused this?

Association by friendship does not mean that you are exempt by their actions of an injury/death occurs.

You are saying that if you jumped in my 8 second street car for a romp and I hit a pole and you could never work/talk/eat/etc you would pay your hospital/mortgage/etc bills and be fine w/ that? I think not-
Wow Terry..EUREKA (not the Vacuum Cleaners)..for the first time I agree with you.

That's because the system is set up that way, they have to make sure they could line their pockets!
Jackee is right about accountability.
Lawyers are covered on both sides of the lawsuite tree so what's your point? :p

I know that the lawyer that I work for is not a "pocket liner"! There are actually some people out there who care about your rights. Let me ask you this...........Would you work for free?

I know there are some bad lawyers out there. hopefully you won't need one in the future, but if you do, I bet you will change your tune.

Suzie...well said-- as in life in all depends what side of the situation you are in that dictates how you think and perform.

And with Hogan he kind of had karma handed to him as he moved to Florida, from Calif, before the State of Calif could put a lien on his properties due to millions in unpaid taxes/settlements..

Tx and Florida are the only States in our nation thet will not take the trust deed/title to someones home for debt owed to the State or an awarded settlement..

In Texas you are pretty much judgment proof on your homestead. But if you have additional assets, then you can execute against them.

Also, in the delinquent tax collection end of my job, we can sell your homestead for the taxes due. It only gets to that point if you do not establish a payment plan, or you have defaulted many times, etc.......
I do the auction the first tuesday of the month every month.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back