Scelzi Interview on Bubba (1 Viewer)

Paul

Staff member
Nitro Member
Scelzi was just on Bubba talking about a number of things including the Kalitta crash, track safety, and breaking the news to his kids about Eric and Scott's passing. He and Bubba talked about the force of the Kalitta crash and they were talking that the G-meter on the computer was maxed out at the point of impact. Gary had some harsh words about to say about the Motorplex, Las Vegas, and E-Town in regards to items like light poles in the shut down area and scoreboards too close to the track. He is all for Jim Head helping trying to find a solution to the sand trap safety issues and he wants to go to 1000 ft racing ASAP. He then talked about the pain he went through talking to his kids about the possibility of himself or other drivers not coming home after a race. He also talked about some funny Scott Kalitta stories and he talked about how he would want Scott and Hulk Hogan by his side in any bar fight:D.

We have talked to Gary since the show, and reminded him the left scoreboard at Las Vegas looks close as compared to the right board, but in reality its one of the farthest back from the wall in the nation. Left is 44 feet from wall right is 110 feet from wall (space for 2 more lanes plus 45 feet).
Jeff Foster

Last edited:
I believe Jimmy Nix was killed when he hit one of those at the Motorplex, correct me please if I am wrong please.

REX

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back