Bazemore Testing in Vegas? Replacing Scelzi? (1 Viewer)

Paul

Staff member
Nitro Member
I was just listening to the Bubba the Love Sponge show and a caller just called in a said Bazemore was testing one of Don's FC's in Vegas yesterday and he may be replacing Scelzi? Did anyone hear about the Bazemore replacing Scelzi part of this? I kind of find this hard to believe. Gary will be on the show at 4 central to talk about this. I will let everyone know what he has to say.

Could be just to keep his license current also

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Stop it.............hahahahaha You're killin me.............hahahahahaha

Alan

P.S. I was in Vegas for testing yesterday........

It would be great to see Baze back in a car, but not if it were to mean parking Scelzi (which I would really doubt).

Scelzi on Bubba in 5 minutes

Scelzi is calling in to the Bubba show on Sirius 101 in just a few minutes.

Scelzi just said the caller was full of sh*t. He was testing his car and Jerry's yesterday. He also said that Capps made one pass in his car after Gary left. In fact, Gary said he just received a card from Whit announcing his new kid. He also said the NHRA screwed up the track at Vegas on Sunday morning. He said they put down a gold powder and then drug the track, which ruined the track.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Stop it.............hahahahaha You're killin me.............hahahahahaha

Alan

Hey Alan, I was there on Monday too, but I never saw you...and you are not hard that hard to miss. :eek:

I spoke at length with Gary Scelzi on Thursday and he didn't sound too ready to give up the seat.

The track on Monday left a lot to be desired. Ed McCullough as well as Lanny were pretty vocal about it. By the way, Jerry Darien's clutch guy and former super eliminator racer (as well as my clutch guy) Daniel Oliver made two license runs in my TA/FC Monday. Even though it was 92+ degrees, greasy, slippery, windy, sandy track, etc. he managed to rip off a 5.84 @ 249 on his second attempt.

RG

Hey Randy, I got a call about Daniel a little after he did that, that's Awesome!!!

Very cool of you to let him get his feet wet, hopefully he & his dad will move forward now getting their Dragster put together. I know they've wanted to for a while now.

Great job for Russ this weekend too!!!

take care,

Hey Alan, I was there on Monday too, but I never saw you...and you are not hard that hard to miss. :eek:

I spoke at length with Gary Scelzi on Thursday and he didn't sound too ready to give up the seat.

The track on Monday left a lot to be desired. Ed McCullough as well as Lanny were pretty vocal about it. By the way, Jerry Darien's clutch guy and former super eliminator racer (as well as my clutch guy) Daniel Oliver made two license runs in my TA/FC Monday. Even though it was 92+ degrees, greasy, slippery, windy, sandy track, etc. he managed to rip off a 5.84 @ 249 on his second attempt.

RG

Randy- where were you? Alan was on the top end catching cars, and I was the guy on the wall at the 330 cone looking for leakers (blessedly few).. I got some pretty good video of both of Danny's passes- yeah, the second on was STOUT!! Didn't he come back up for a third and then tow it off? What was up with that?

ForceonMonday2.jpg

ForceonMonday.jpg

JF during the 9AM session

Hey Randy, I got a call about Daniel a little after he did that, that's Awesome!!!

Very cool of you to let him get his feet wet, hopefully he & his dad will move forward now getting their Dragster put together. I know they've wanted to for a while now.

Great job for Russ this weekend too!!!

take care,

Hey Nancy,

Good job running that .72 at the div race last weekend, hopefully can step it up from there. All the best for the rest of the season :)

Mike.

PS Say hi to Jeremy for me, thanks

Thanks Michael, how's everything Down Under?

Hey, I have a video coming of first round on you tube.

We under estimated the track, the car Violently Shook and pulled me to the left, I had the wheel cranking to the right already---then she decided she wanted to exit, QUICKLY!!!

I held it off the wall by less than 18 inches (headers closer of course).

The only wierd part was, when I lifted, the wind tunnel kept pulling me in closer. Lifted about 125 ft or so, and still had a 2.71 330 ft. She was trucking, just got confused on her job to go straight.

:D:D

Randy- where were you? Alan was on the top end catching cars, and I was the guy on the wall at the 330 cone looking for leakers (blessedly few).. I got some pretty good video of both of Danny's passes- yeah, the second on was STOUT!! Didn't he come back up for a third and then tow it off? What was up with that?

Martin:

Since Daniel was upgrading his license he needed just one more full pass to get it. After backing up from his burnout Daniel was motioning to the oil pressure gauge. I took a look and it was reading about 60 pounds. At first I thought it could be low because of the heat and the fact that I had the barrell valve rich and the idle was low. I revved the engine up to about 3,700 RPM and the oil pressure moved up to 80 pounds. Not wanting to be the first car on Monday to oil the track and/or catch fire I told him to shut it off. The starter as well as a few fuel crew members who knew what was going on thanked us for not taking a risk and possibly oiling the already marginal track surface.

The last time the oil pressure was that low was when Larry Miner was driving for me. It was the semi final at Tucson in 2005. I told him to go and he did. He won the round but I lost a motor and supercharger in the process. Not worth it.

Nancy:

Thanks for the encouraging emails. Daniel more than deserved a couple trips down the quarter mile due to his dedication and hard work on behalf of our team. And I want to thank Russ Parker, too. He is one great guy, and a great race car driver, too.

Randy

Alan

Gotta love how a few well chosen words can say so very much. :)

Helpful for those of us who chose the other satellite radio provider. :D

...The starter as well as a few fuel crew members who knew what was going on thanked us for not taking a risk and possibly oiling the already marginal track surface.

...Randy

Yeah, about 1PM I was walking behind J Prock as he was doing his best Oksana Bayul imatation- it got greasy quick due to the sun.. around 125-128 degrees for most of the afternoon. I have to say, the race got lucky on the weather end- if Monday's heat had been a day earlier, eliminations could have been ugly..

Scelzi doesn't test. That was a condition upon returning this year. He flies home after the event to California to run his business and be with his family.

(I wouldn't be surprised if this is his last year driving.)

Scelzi doesn't test. That was a condition upon returning this year. He flies home after the event to California to run his business and be with his family.

(I wouldn't be surprised if this is his last year driving.)
Might want to scroll up and read post #8.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back