Scelzi Announcement on 4/17 (1 Viewer)

Paul

Staff member
Nitro Member
I was just listening to Bubba the Love Sponge and he said Gary will be on his show next Tuesday to make a major announcement about him and drag racing. Bubba said Gary wanted Bubba's show to be the first media outlet to hear his news. Let the speculation begin......

I say he announces that he's going pro stock racing in a quest to become the first person to win the championship in all 3 categories :)
either that or he's going to have a full 1/2 hour weekly show of Scelzi says. Of course it'll be on at the same time as Driving Force :D

Of course if he does retire I would like to know where to send my resume to fill that seat

im betting that he will be retireing at the end of this year also. i think hes said it more than once. he wants to be with his family and truck body buisness more.

I seem to remember an interview from last season where he mentioned his driving days were numbered because he desperately wanted to spend more time with his family first, and business second.

We'll find out for sure next Tuesday.

I say he announces that he's going pro stock racing in a quest to become the first person to win the championship in all 3 categories :)
either that or he's going to have a full 1/2 hour weekly show of Scelzi says. Of course it'll be on at the same time as Driving Force :D

Of course if he does retire I would like to know where to send my resume to fill that seat

That's funny I was having the fantasy that he would be announcing himself entering pro stock also.LOL That'd be cool. I also think he is gonna announce his retirement.Not like he has kept it a secret. BUT we will have to wait and see! If he makes some crazy other decision I think he should be Added straight t to the Liquid A_ _ Roster.lol:D

Sirius is offering a free three day trial; sign up for it Tuesday morning and then you can catch the interview online on channel 101 sometime between noon to 4:00PM Eastern Tuesday; keep the kids away though, Bubba's show is not family friendly.

Gary has nothing left to prove in my estimation.
He's worked with many of the great ones in our sport and outclassed the best multiple times to be crowned champion. He's also been fortunate to enjoy our sports most valued sponsor hands-down in Jim Jannard. I'll support whatever he decides and thank him for so many years of colorful entertainment at the professional level.

It wouldn't hurt if he took some time to perfect (or just develop) a reasonable cartwheel, however.

If he decides to retire, or just take some time off, you can't really fault him, especially if he is doing it to spend more time with his family. Gary has lost two of his good friends within the last 3 years in Darrell and Eric. I'm sure that both have reminded him how precious life his, and what is really important to him

If as most of you guys think.. (Retirement) maybe he can be talked into joining Mike Dunn, in the broadcasting booth.. & replace Paul Page.... not that Paul is not popular and loved by all... but I'm sure Scelzi can add a little MORE EXCITEMENT than Mr. Page :)

Gary has lost two of his good friends within the last 3 years in Darrell and Eric. I'm sure that both have reminded him how precious life his, and what is really important to him
Can`t forget about Blaine, Mike...that`s how Gary got his three T/F Championships.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back