Does anyone have a Time Machine?? - I want to go here...... (1 Viewer)

I wonder how old some of those ladies are now that ran down the track in those streaking races.

Can you imagine them today sitting around with a group of their friends saying " I once ran naked down a drag strip in front of 25,000 people. Won $200 doing it.:D:D

Jay

The local guys were cool, Prince Valiant, a black station wagon, the big block powered vw, the snail a shoe box nova with a six cyl, and Jack Burns in his Anglia panel with a small block in it.

They would race anything at OCIR I remember going to a semi truck Drag Race and they let a dump truck race a jet car I think the dump truck was about 900 feet out when they let the jet car go, the jet car won. Too much fun.:)

I don't remember a big drug problem, maybe I just wasn't looking.

I

Dan

The only drug I remember had pistons, rods and smelled like rubber when it did a burn out.

RG

The local guys were cool, Prince Valiant, a black station wagon, the big block powered vw, the snail a shoe box nova with a six cyl, and Jack Burns in his Anglia panel with a small block in it.Dan

Don't forget Bob Abood's wicked fast black Anglia! He still has the car in his garage, ready to run!

Talk with Rick a few months ago and yep still has the car.

Valiiant wagon was Dick Wison and Roger Lang

Big Block power VW was Sammy Boyd

The Snail Nova was Tom Valclacvick(sp) became a dragster later on.

Talk with Rick a few months ago and yep still has the car.

Valiiant wagon was Dick Wison and Roger Lang

Big Block power VW was Sammy Boyd

The Snail Nova was Tom Valclacvick(sp) became a dragster later on.

Hey Mike, I remember Tommy well,,, and the ole Snail Rail that he had. Do you remember Dick Edinholm(sp)?. He was another member of Wilson Ford, and was a very good friend of my late pop,,, Dick was always over at our house. I remember when Dick and Tommy swapped rides, and I was helping Dick on the digger,,, got to sit in the thing while towing back between runs. And given how tall Tommy was, I had to sit on my knees to see over the cowel.

What ever happened to Carl Smith? (no, I'm not related to him either)

What ever happened to Carl Smith? (no, I'm not related to him either)

Carl spent some time cooling his heals with free room and board after a run in with the DEA. When he got out in 1986 he needed some money so I bought his black Chaparral trailer from him that he had parked next to Ken Cox shop (former George Cambra trailer used by Dale Armstrong and Tom Ridings when they ran the "SPEED RACER F/C).

Carl died of an apparent heart attack a few years ago. A/FD racer Gary Anderson has the black Chaparral for sale now.

Randy

Carl spent some time cooling his heals with free room and board after a run in with the DEA. When he got out in 1986 he needed some money so I bought his black Chaparral trailer from him that he had parked next to Ken Cox shop (former George Cambra trailer used by Dale Armstrong and Tom Ridings when they ran the "SPEED RACER F/C).

Carl died of an apparent heart attack a few years ago. A/FD racer Gary Anderson has the black Chaparral for sale now.

Randy

Wow,,, that is a shock to hear about Carl. I remember before we moved in 79 that he was rumored to be moving up to a fuel or alky ride. Just sad to hear about guys like that who I just loved to watch race back then.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back