Does firebird have to go? (1 Viewer)

We need to get back to the origianl question.. Does Firebird have to go??? I say YES!! The NRHA nor anyon elsee for that matter does not want another season of Losing a Driver. It's BAD enough that an innocent Spectator just lost her life!! When you have 2 Pro Stock Crashes, Supe Comp Dragsters having Issues with a Lane it's time to-re-locate. I was in Columbus,OH the year the 2 Pro Stock Cars Crashed-during eliminations. Well NHRA nor longer has an national event in Columbus. I think NHRA needs to "Put the Smackdown" on Firebird Raceway-given them an ultimatium and DEMAND that they track get FIXED ASAP!! Or don't have a National Event there in 2011. I can distinctly remeber back in the early 80's when the Nitor Funny Cars actually Boy-Cotted the then NHRA Cajun Nationals in Baton Rouge, LA over Prize Money$$!! I can GURANTEE you all the Pro Stock Class WILL NOT go back to Firebird in 2011 if the track is not repaired!!!! Just my 2 Cents....

It's BAD enough that an innocent Spectator just lost her life!! Just my 2 Cents....

And that had nothing to do with a slick track... maybe they should take that barrel of VHT to indy and try it at the US nationals. If a few more cars crash we'll know it wasn't the track...

We need to get back to the origianl question.. Does Firebird have to go??? I say YES!! The NRHA nor anyon elsee for that matter does not want another season of Losing a Driver. It's BAD enough that an innocent Spectator just lost her life!! When you have 2 Pro Stock Crashes, Supe Comp Dragsters having Issues with a Lane it's time to-re-locate. I was in Columbus,OH the year the 2 Pro Stock Cars Crashed-during eliminations. Well NHRA nor longer has an national event in Columbus. I think NHRA needs to "Put the Smackdown" on Firebird Raceway-given them an ultimatium and DEMAND that they track get FIXED ASAP!! Or don't have a National Event there in 2011. I can distinctly remeber back in the early 80's when the Nitor Funny Cars actually Boy-Cotted the then NHRA Cajun Nationals in Baton Rouge, LA over Prize Money$$!! I can GURANTEE you all the Pro Stock Class WILL NOT go back to Firebird in 2011 if the track is not repaired!!!! Just my 2 Cents....

All they have to do to fix the track surface and make it better for the Pro Stock Cars...... is to get rid of the BUMPS.

It has been bad for years and is only getting worse.

Usually they can do a simple grinding job and it is fixed.

Now, the rest of the facility may take a little more work.

All they have to do to fix the track surface and make it better for the Pro Stock Cars...... is to get rid of the BUMPS.

It has been bad for years and is only getting worse.

Usually they can do a simple grinding job and it is fixed.

Now, the rest of the facility may take a little more work.
Hi Jim. Quick question: I have not been to Firebird so maybe you can tell me how those bumps compare to the left lane bump(s) here in Seattle. I believe that they have done some work on ours but...
I remember 4-5 years ago it was bad enough that I could feel them in a slow street car and one year Kenny Bernstein let it rip during a top end interview w/Alan, ala Greg Anderson!
Thanks,
Wayne :)

The bumps can be fixed, but they probably just made things worse. The S/G and S/C cars were getting loose before the transition. Making the pro stocks add more wing makes me wonder if the NHRA realizes that the new VHT compound isn't as good as the old stuff. Of course, having the right stuff might have helped too....

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back