Any golf fans in here? (1 Viewer)

Joker

Nitro Member
Just wondering if anyone here likes to play golf or watch. I enjoy it even though I suck at it. It sure looks easy but its probably the hardest thing I've ever done. Anyways the real reason behind this is to talk about Tiger.

The guy is amazing. He won yesterday by 8 shots and Freddie Couples and Stewart Cink said he's the best ever, period. I have to say I told my wife about 2 months ago that after hearing an interview with him that he was going on a tear in 08. Just the way he talked and sounded, that everything in his life was in order, beautiful wife, new baby, and has had time to grieve for his father who was his everything. I just have the utmost respect for him. The guy is a machine. I would love to see him win all 4 majors this year. Yesterday's win tied him with Arnold Palmer for 4th on the all time win list at 62 wins. He's just unbelievable.

Personally, any sport that involves whacking balls - I tend to shy away from. :D My parents made me try it as a kid and I hated it. If the opportunity ever comes up again, I'd certainly go along to drive the cart, and maybe be in charge of the beer! Every summer when the PGA tour comes into town - we usually have about 10 of thier airplanes overnighting where I work.
So although I don't like golf - I agree 100% about Mr. Woods. He's a hell of an athelete, and his life is an amazing story that rivals any sports legend you can think of.

He's going to be around for a long time..

His attitude is beyond anything I've ever heard.

After he won yesterday..at the press conference..he stated (paraphrasing) "I know that I'm trying to win and trying to improve and trying to get better..if you're not trying to get better..you get worse."

He's actually playing better than he ever has..and that's saying alot.

yes, also heard interview last nite - says he feels like he's playing
at another level - best he's ever played.
another race for 2nd place this year on the PGA.
i would enjoy seeing tiger get the grand slam this year.

i golf on men's league during summer and a few other rounds
when i can find time - it's a struggle, but really enjoy it.

Last edited:
I joined the Church of Tiger Woods a few years ago. The golf god looked pretty good this weekend:D

you sure you were not talking about the Dinah Shore Open.... and all the fanfare that surrounds it......not sure`tiger would be well recieved there:)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back