anyone watch golf? (1 Viewer)

Kelly Raquipiso

Nitro Member
American Express Championship

Tiger is on his way to another win. He's the leader already. I like him, but I'd like to see Padraig Harrington win one. He was tied for second when I stopped watching earlier. He was tied for first early in the round.

American Express Championship

Tiger is on his way to another win. He's the leader already. I like him, but I'd like to see Padraig Harrington win one. He was tied for second when I stopped watching earlier. He was tied for first early in the round.

I watch it and play as often as I can. I normally play in the 70's but if it gets any hotter than that I dont play! I suck really. High 80's on an awesome day. Tiger is the man. The things he can do with a golf ball are amazing. He really is way ahead of everyone else. He's my 2nd fav golfer. John Daly is my fav. I like Padraig as well. The only golfer that I really cant stand is VJ.

VJ is a bore for sure. How funny that Cleveland's big club right now is called "Hi-Bore". I also detest Sergio Garcia. Just hit the ball already you geek!

I was getting ready to start lessons again, but I think I'll wait until after the baby is born before taking on any new physical hobbies.

Last edited:
Your right about Slowgio. Thats what I call him. My wife teases me b/c I will be watching golf and all of a sudden I will scream "Hit the damn ball already" and she will say from another room, "Sergio playing?". He pisses me off. He's even worst to follow in person. For some reason the fans here in Houston like Vijay and cheer for him. I guess b/c he normally dominates our Shell Houston Open every year but I dont know. I have talked to him and I just dont like the guy.

I watch it and play as often as I can. I normally play in the 70's but if it gets any hotter than that I dont play! I suck really. High 80's on an awesome day. Tiger is the man. The things he can do with a golf ball are amazing. He really is way ahead of everyone else. He's my 2nd fav golfer. John Daly is my fav. I like Padraig as well. The only golfer that I really cant stand is VJ.

It's a good thing my scores don't relate to the weather... Mighty, mighty hot out!!!! ;)

I like Tiger and Daly too. I like Phil a lot too! Can't stand Vijay like you said.

Oh, I also like Mike Weir a lot. He is just so down to earth in his interviews.

Really, congrats Kelly....
And the population of Va. Beach increases by two... you are having twins, right? :eek:

And I don't think a walk around Stumpy Lake would be a bad thing, but the course up the street from "City Haul" doesn't have much shade...

Again, congrats to you both, and, ah, this doesn't have anything to do with 'The Cruse'?

Tiger finished the second round at 15 under par. Is it subjective to say he is the greatest current golfer?

I wasnt around during Nicklaus/Palmer/etc but personally I think Tiger is the
GREATEST PLAYER OF ALL TIME already and I really have no doubt he will beat Nicklaus's 18 Majors

So how do you win your 6th straight stroke play tourney in a row???

You just go out and shoot 63,64 in the first 2 rounds. Unbelievable.

I'd love to play with...
Tiger, Lefty, & Daly.

I'd also like to play with Charles Barkley, Michael Jordan, Steve Young, Cal Ripken Jr., Mark Rypien, the PTI crew & Joe Thesimann.

Next would be any U.S. President, the Golden Bear, Arnie, and an astronaunt.

After that---- John Force (has he ever played?), Kurt Johnson, Michael Schumacher, Kimi Raikkonen, JP Montoya, Tony Stewart, Mario Andretti, Karl Malone, John Stockton, Eddie Murray, Roger Clemens, Wayne Gretzky, Harrison Ford & Andre Agassi.

Should I go on... (jk -- I'll spare you guys):D

Well, I'd like to play golf with Kelly Holmes. Hey, we should all really work on getting together a Thursday before an event and playing. I just need until 2008. Maybe Vegas, either event. Of course, Richmond would work well for me, and the weather would be fantastic. With enough notice, how many of us could get together?

Well, I'd like to play golf with Kelly Holmes. Hey, we should all really work on getting together a Thursday before an event and playing. I just need until 2008. Maybe Vegas, either event. Of course, Richmond would work well for me, and the weather would be fantastic. With enough notice, how many of us could get together?

Vegas is good, but Richmond sounds even better... I'm so homesick for the D.C. Area & Kings Dominion.

All I need is a hockey stick and a pool que and I'm in for Richmond...
But my handicap is my "love" for hunting golfs... was a forced caddy growing up, father/son bonding, ya know... "here kid, carry these".... loved the course by the "O" club at Lil'Creek...

So yeah, Naz... we do this at Richmond, I'll put ya up on the Kitchen Floor...

Well, I haven't picked up my clubs in over 3 years. I still can't force myself to give up my knock-off Pings......I'm up for it in '08. I've been wanting to get to Vegas 2.

Vegas is good, but Richmond sounds even better... I'm so homesick for the D.C. Area & Kings Dominion.

King's Dominion!?!?! Now you are talking my language Naz. When I lived in Kentucky we used to go to all 3 of the "sister" parks, King's Island outside Cincinnati, Carowinds outside Charlotte, and of course, King's Dominion in VA. All 3 were great, haven't been to any of them since about 1993 though. I know Paramount bought out King's Island, but I don't know if that affected Carowinds and King's Dominion though.

(we made it to Cedar Point outside Cleveland and Six Flags outside St. louis too)

PS if anyone wants to play golf before/during Vegas 2, I just happen to have a country club membership. I can get you on at member rates, $50 per round.

http://www.silverstonegolfclub.com/index.cfm?menu=472&openitem=472

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back